Huge space-age skyscrapers in the middle of a desolate desert

>huge space-age skyscrapers in the middle of a desolate desert
>everyone wears long robes and colorful garments
>society is dominated by an ancient tribal system, tribal alliances and sheikhs
>dominant religion is a mysterious cult that revolves around a black cube built around something that allegedly fell from outer space

Is living in the Arabian Peninsula basically like being in a sci-fi novel?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@21.4224979,39.8261965,3a,75y,198.04h,80.3t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-3FVhpLwxmVM/WD5y5p6BAGI/AAAAAAAAIxE/hCdBuiiVjd0SXS_pj9cROU7F54x4oXcQACLIB!2e4!3e11!6s//lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3FVhpLwxmVM/WD5y5p6BAGI/AAAAAAAAIxE/hCdBuiiVjd0SXS_pj9cROU7F54x4oXcQACLIB/w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya286.925-ro0-fo100/!7i6144!8i3072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when you look at it like that, yeah, that sounds cool
the only difficult thing is to convince yourself it's like that and embracing that as your new reality

>black cube
lmao mudslimes got jewed pretty bad there

wtf even is that black thing
I've always wondered but not enough to google it

cube made out of bricks, the story goes that God told Abraham to build it in that exact spot so now it's a Jewish holy site too. There's a space rock on one of the corners called "Hajar al-Aswad" wherein if you kiss it, all your sins go poof, gone.

>wherein if you kiss it, all your sins go poof, gone.
So it's like Catholicism, but instead of a 20 minute drive to the church for confession, you have to fly all the way to saudi

weird shit, that's breddy interesting
is anyone allowed inside or is it exclusive to high ranking clergy or whatever?

from what I heard it's actually got a zoroastrian idol inside it

Before Islam, Arabs were a bunch of idol worshippers and that's where they kept their idols. It predates Islam and one of the reasons Muhammad is legit is because he helped put the Black Stone back in its place without favouring one tribe over another before he started getting messages from Allah.

Of course, no one really knows how old it is they won't let non-Muslims into Mecca and Saudi's are extremely zealous.

Wikipedia says they let dignitaries and so on in when they clear it out before the Hajj. You of course, have to be Muslim.

Here is the inside

google.com/maps/@21.4224979,39.8261965,3a,75y,198.04h,80.3t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-3FVhpLwxmVM/WD5y5p6BAGI/AAAAAAAAIxE/hCdBuiiVjd0SXS_pj9cROU7F54x4oXcQACLIB!2e4!3e11!6s//lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3FVhpLwxmVM/WD5y5p6BAGI/AAAAAAAAIxE/hCdBuiiVjd0SXS_pj9cROU7F54x4oXcQACLIB/w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya286.925-ro0-fo100/!7i6144!8i3072

what's the point

Semites do what they do best, get shekels

S Y M B O L I S M
God's omniscient and omnipresent, the cube's just a centralized way to organize the religion else you'll get folks who pray to statues or paintings or even back to idols

You are supposed to ride your house there and survive all the warzones in a character building exercise, then you will finish your adventure a new man.
Also the sins going poof part is mostly regarded as tales for kids.

>hear stories bout our folks taking 3-6 months journey on a ship and all the while being so deep in prayers and worship
Is this sort of service still exist?

you'll love this book, heavily influenced by Neuromancer. Its a sci fi noir about a spree of unsolved murders set in dystopian cyberpunk arabia. A high tech theocratic monarchy that rises from the ashes of war between soviet union and america

no, everyone flies to mecca now

My great grandpa hitched a ride with Bong merchant ships and those in military get hajj by riding Royal Navy but that was pre independence.
Doubt the RMN have that ability, we are already gimped enough and need to patrol long coastlines. Ask the Bunga Mas 5 or 6 at Lumut base, their patrol route is around Gulf of Aden and both are civilian ship.

sounds like abbasid 2.0 desu, nothing new.

that city racks in more revenue than our whole country combined

sad

sounds cool, thanks senpai

It's a pretty awesome novel but the obsession with traps can make it tiresome at some points

if by sci fi novel you mean Dune the yea.
If any other then NO

well the fedaykin from dune are literally based on the fedayeen...

They've fucking bulldozed everything of historical significance in Mecca on purpose. Just went and gutted the heart of the city. Damn Saudis could have made museums of these sites without making them shrines.

Well, what did you expect from these godless heathens?

You have to understand us Muslims are basically autists. You see, the Kaaba is considered the holiest mosque, nothing more, nothing less. It's an ancient square building, hollow and fairly empty inside. People used to pray inside it but as too many people wanted to pray there, they pray outside it. But but, which way should you face while praying outside? Why, by facing the kaaba. Since the kaaba has 4 sides, just pray around it in a circle. This circle expands throughout the Globe and the shirtest great circle direction to the kaaba is the Qiblat. Muslims pray towards this direction. So you see, we don't worship the Kaaba. Rather, it is the autist way of solving the problem of how to pray as if you're in the kaaba.

there's a dead pig inside

>Named Saudi Arabia
>Arabia that belongs to the royal family alone
Why would they leave whatever remnants of past ruler when they can demolish everything and replace it with monuments to their glory?

>but instead of a 20 minute drive to the church

I have to walk 300 meters, not sure if 56%s still use the car for this

i can't get over how tacky that tower is

>he doesn't know that the Psychic might of the Eternal Emperor Salman keeps the city standing
without him and the Union of Psykers, the city would sink back into the desert, devoured by the ever-hungering Xeno Queen, the last remnant of the antediluvian Alien invasion of Earth

Its not fun getting blamed for the blood sacrifice needed to sustain Emperor Salman.
Can't we just get a global cartel to sabotage some vehicles or fund alcohol and get the blood sacrifice requirement through road accidents?