HOW DID THEY GET THE BOTS BACK ONTO THE SHIP?! WHY WON'T THEY ADDRESS THIS?!

HOW DID THEY GET THE BOTS BACK ONTO THE SHIP?! WHY WON'T THEY ADDRESS THIS?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QRB3xDg5pnU&t=72s
youtube.com/watch?v=FGRHqvC7f_o
youtube.com/watch?v=DSzqzwTemoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more like MSTAK3

Repeat to yourself "it's just a show"
You should really just relax

NO, This does not follow the mantra!

AND WHAT ABOUT FELICIA DAY'S TAX POLICY????

>they ended up explaining both those things anyway

Here's the canonical explanation
>If you ever wonder how he eats and breathes and other science facts. Just repeat to yourself that it's just a show. I really should relax.

Why do you always skip the preceeding line? Is it because it makes it clear that it doesn't apply?

>If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts

Doesn't say anything about glaring plot holes.

Kinga built more.

Bitch, the song wasn't long enough for them to list every stupid little thing that you should just get the fuck over. It's a philosophy that applies to the show generally.

>implying anyone watching this watched the old show

I grew up with the old show. I've seen every episode including the KTMA season. And I like the new season too.

Don't be bitter.

Its not even explained how Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank had kids. The Mike era episode The Sword and the Dragon depicted Forrester and Frank as Sup Forums-like virgins.

There were always multiple Tom Servos.

Perhaps Crow is actually "Timmy" the evil black spectre alien Crow duplicate from the Joel era episode Fire Maidens From Outer Space.

Because he used the parts that could control the movies to build his robot friends.

Have you not listened to the song?

I'd rate it a 6.5 out of 10.

I skipped all the Granddad-fucker and wife-killer parts though.

It's not the old crew but it's not bad and really did invoke the old MST3k feel.

6.5/10

>pre-recording the riffs

Is this chump implying this didn't fucking happen previously?

I've always been interested in watching this. Can anyone recommend me a good starting point?

Avalanche is the funniest new episode

Watch Giant Spider Invasion or Final Sacrifice episodes

I am pretty confused by the set-up for this one. They have this whole elaborate intro but then skip to two months later and the new status quo.

It feels like they gave up halfway through and just decided to say fuck it.

Search for "mst3k shorts" on youtube. They're all gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=QRB3xDg5pnU&t=72s

Pod People is on Netflix and it's probably a top 3 episode

I think he's saying that in the old series the riffs were performed live while taping the theater segments despite being written beforehand, while now they're recorded beforehand and just pasted in during post.

the movie will ease you in

Joel polled fans during the kickstarter for their favorite episodes:

1. Manos: The Hands of Fate - (424)
2. Space Mutiny - (820)
3. Mitchell - (512)
4. The Final Sacrifice - (910)
5. Pod People - (303)
6. Puma Man - (903)
7. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians - (321)
8. Werewolf - (904)
9. Cave Dwellers - (301)
10. Time Chasers - (821)

11. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank - (822)
12. I Accuse My Parents - (507)
13. Eegah! - (506)
14. Gamera - (302)
15. Prince of Space - (816)
16. Hobgoblins - (907)
17. Laserblast - (706)
18. Soultaker - (1001)
19. Godzilla vs. Megalon - (212)
20. Jack Frost - (813)

21. Santa Claus - (521)
22. Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders - (1003)
23. The Brain That Wouldn't Die - (513)
24. The Touch of Satan - (908)
25. Teenagers From Outer Space - (404)
26. The Day the Earth Froze - (422)
27. Warrior of the Lost World - (501)
28. The Giant Spider Invasion - (810)
29. Catalina Caper - (204)
30. Fugitive Alien - (310)

The Greatest Hits they have on netflix now is good place

You know, the first episode was total shit, but I really enjoyed the riff on the second episode.

The mads are god awful though. Mostly Patton, it feels like he doesn't even want to be there. I feel like the show would be better if they could get some of the old crew on writing, like Mike and Bill.

I watched MST3k back in the day with my Aunt. We would watch it almost every single day.

It kept me sane and laughing during a deployment to Afghanistan.

I play it as background noise during the daily grind.

This new shit...and it is shit...is a fucking travesty. Joel is a fucking idiot. Mike was always better.

Whatever happened with Erhardt?

implying MST3k was funny even once

He went "missing" and got his face on the back of a milk carton in 1990. Probably wound up like Adam Walsh. Raped, murdered, and decapitated.

About a year ago all the MST3K episodes were on Youtube. What happened to them?

flagged after Netflix got the rights

Netflix are cocksuckers

Dr. Erhardt went back in time to the 1950s and was eaten by a giant spider, remember?

Quit. Did other things.

He's been quite successful as a writer and producer.

>No Final Justice

Bullshit

They actually explained how the Bots are back on the SoL.

During the Turkey Day Youtube marathon that ran last year, the marathon ended with the Bots being sold by Joel to Felicia Day's character.

How did Joel get them though? They were living with Mike on Earth.

It's my headcanon that the new mads made the bots in an effort to duplicate the original series.

>the host segments are all shot from the same angle with very little dynamic action

What the fuck is this guy on, the original series did the same fucking thing. I understand disliking the new cast, but the direction is essentially the same as its always been.

>I donated 200 dollars to the Kickstarter

Oh, wait. Poor thing, he's retarded.

>bots leave Mike to find their "father"
>he immediately sells them to the daughter of his arch nemesis
>this after abandoning them on the SOL twice

wtf I hate joel now

So no more turkey day marathons?

Fucking assholes.

The old set was bigger than the shot, there was the hexfield to the left and a window to the right and the cast could move about. This is just a desk in front of a greenscreen and the camera could be nailed down for all we know.

He didn't abandon them the first time around.

Gypsy had to outright TRICK Joel into escaping after he told her point blank he'd rather die alongside the bots when she though the Mads were going to kill Joel.

And in S1 he visited them but ultimately left them because he knew it would be unfair to grab them and leave Mike all alone.

Same. I walked into it with low expectations hearing all the "They talk too much" and everything. Seemed pretty well done. They followed the general rule of don't talk over anyone in the movie. I'm not sure if we'll ever get gold like the many names of david ryder, but it seemed like a pretty average episode.

Why do people like Mano the hands of fate episode again? I mean the riffing was good, but that movie was so fucking boring and dull that I can barely get through it.

Final Sacrifice,Space Mutiny, and Time Chasers are all better.

>but that movie was so fucking boring and dull that I can barely get through it.

Dude, what? Manos is so fucking out there it's actually better without a riff track.

Manos is a meme for people who made the mistake of thinking that the point of the show literally was to find the worst movie ever made. That episode is average at best.

At this point I think it's just because it's known as "The Worst Movie EVER" and because it's a show about watching bad movies it tops the list by default regardless of the quality of the episode. The same would be true if they did a Plan 9 episode.

I was afraid they would get meme movies like Plan 9 or fucking Sharknado for this new season. Very glad that didn't happen.

Manos is one of those rare so-bad-its-good in a The Room way. Done by a director who had no idea what he was doing. Its entertaining unto itself with its baffling nature. Not everyone can take it, but I love it. MST3K single-handedly ressurected this movie for the public to see.

Same goes for Monster A-Go-Go, Egaah!, The Creeping Terror, and the Coleman Francis trilogy of movies. They're all incredible viewing for the public that is not used to seeing bad movies on this level on regular television.

THats my biggest fear is they do modern bad movies like The Room and Birdemic.

Even in the old series they did relatively new movies occasionally. As ling as they don't do mene movies like the Room or Sharknado, doing shit from the 90s and 00s should not be a problem as long as it's not

It just feels like a pale imitation, like a bunch of fans got the rights to do the show without any of the heart of the original. Though that could be just the riffs feel forced, like when your drunk buddies mock a movie.

I should rephrase, my fear is they do popular bad movies. I really don't mind if a movie is modern, but if it's Unknown and not a meme flick then it's fine.

Watched since day one(kinda).
Did the bots leave the ship?
How?
Just assume I'm older than you and I never wiki that shit.
Also I have not seen the new version but look forward to it.
And the only way to enjoy the star wars prequels is via riff trax.
psst was old enough to see episode one without parent,it sucked.

Didn't Rifftrax do the same thing, though?

They did all 4 Sharknadoes AND The Room.

If you watched the fucking teasers, new Forrester stole them from Mike's appartment and put them on the ship to get more money from the network.
Funny, cause the fucking heart of the show, Joel, is there the whole fucking time.

Final episode of Season 10, the Satellite of Love crashed on Earth cause Pearl stopped funding the ship support. Bobo was sold to a zoo. Brain Guy went off to do what ever he did. Pearl tried to raise another baby, Gypsy went on to politics, while Mike, Servo and Crow watched the movie from episode 1 of season 1 in Mike's apartment.

In the last episode of season 10 (Diabolik), the satellite crashes to Earth, Mike and the bots move into an apartment.

Yes, and I'm not a big fan of Rifftrax.

I'm well aware Hodgson is involved, but it still feels like a bunch of fans doing what they thought the show was about. And I never liked Joel. Then again, I also dislike Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt, and think the riffers don't have any sense of comedic timing.

Rifftrax is a different beast. Considering they do popular big budget films and classics like Casablanca it makes sense that they'd do just about everything.

I understand, I'm a Mike guy myself. His relationship with the bots, especially when Crow was given to Bill, are some of the most hilarious moments. He wasn't the dad like Joel was, but a victim/big goofy pink brother to them.

And Patton Oswalt and Joel are GOOD friends. Joel personally asked Oswalt to host the MST3K reunion at Comic Con. And I just stick by 'the movie is the focus' like I've been doing since KTMA 01.

In all honesty, it's been 20 years.

Shit changes. If I went in expecting old MST3K, I'd have been let down.

I went in with an open mind and was pleasantly surprised. Is it as good as the classic MST3K? Of course not. But it's entertaining.

It's like if someone cooked you a steak and it was perfect...but a week later someone else cooked you a steak and it was a little overdone. The first steak was better than the second, but I still love steak so it was still pretty good.

My biggest gripe is there are way too many pop culture jokes.

It's the same reason ABC's Muppet show failed. People expected the Muppet Show.

You mean like the original?

I don't a few here and there but the original didn't have nearly as many as this incarnation. I still like it, just feel like they went a bit overboard

Your nostalgia blinds you

I'm pretty sure you're mostly just noticing them now more because they're relevant to you and more importantly, trigger you. That kinda shit didn't set you off back in the day but now it's like a cardinal sin.

I watched the first couple Netflix episodes and was pleasantly surprised. There's a few nitpicks, but overall it's pretty good. Hardly any political jokes, which is refreshing nowadays.

Mike, Bill and Kevin are the goat, though. Rifftrax/MikeST3k > Joel/Jonah >>>> Cinematic Titanic

Weird that you say that, cause almost 80 percent of what Joel said in the theater was due to Mike.

Where do you get that stat from?

Mike was a writer in season 1 to Head writer from season 2 onwards until he took over for Joel. There's a reason Joel picked him to be the successor. And as Kevin put it. 'He looked so good next to the bots.'

>And in S1 he visited them but ultimately left them because he knew it would be unfair to grab them and leave Mike all alone.
No, he said it was because he wanted them to become super tough and cool by training with bad movies.

I do know that Mike was the head writer before he took over as host. I like both Joel and Mike fine, I just prefer Mike's sharper sense of humor over Joel's goofiness.

Plus, Mike always appeared in the best skits before he was host.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGRHqvC7f_o

Which is sad because I actually liked that show.

My only gripe was Kermit and Piggy broke up.

Well, a lot of comedy is the delivery. I learned that back in highschool. Someone always told me I could come up with good jokes but never could deliver them right. Another friend of mine could always take what I said and kill with it.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Where do you get 80% from?

Oh yeah, Joel's fucking delivery was stale as shit.

I actually liked that they had broken up. Kermit dating a substitute pig was sort of funny, though Uncle Deadly being a gay wardrobe guy was the absolute highlight for me.

Cause EVERYONE ELSE WHO WORKED ON THE SHOW threw in riffs. Joel's normally went to the bots, you can tell especially when they explain.

Also, Mike wasn't afraid to LAUGH at shit either, it's what makes him charming. I can only remember once when Joel laughed.

Deadly was the fucking breakout star of ABC's Muppets. So many fucking great lines. And the Electric Mayhem was great too.
youtube.com/watch?v=DSzqzwTemoA

FUN FACT! One of the Muppeteers is actually the one controlling Crow's arms in the new MST3K reboot.

Joel laughed all the time. Including in the theater at jokes Crow and Servo said.

On the original, the writing crew would sit and watch the movie and riff on it (with interns writing down the lines). They would do this a a couple of times. They would then take all the lines, choose the best ones, and write a script. Which would then be read in front of a green screen (with Kevin Murphy and Trace/Bill C. doing the puppet work and reading the lines).

Now, they all watch the movie separately, write the jokes, and just compile it into one script. And the voices are recorded outside of the theater. The puppeteers are not the voice actors. They just move the mouths, and the lines are dubbed later.

I couldn't get through one episode of this new shit. It seems like they're reading long jokes, not riffing. The old MST3K felt like you were watching 3 buddies watching a bad film. Now it seems like their took parts of what made MST3K great and are pasting them in where needed.

Fuck any faggot who donated to this shit. Kickstarter/patreon was a mistake.

Well, who ever does the puppetry for Joana is amazing.

Is all of MST3k on netflix now or just this new season?

a few old episodes and the new season

Well, they don't upset me since I don't mind them

Just 20 random episodes from the old show