How come RDJ as the star with his buddy Favreau as director/actor, managed to make the two best capeshit movies ever?

how come RDJ as the star with his buddy Favreau as director/actor, managed to make the two best capeshit movies ever?

Iron-Man 1
Iron-Man 2

>inb4 both jews

Well, they had no expectations. Combine that with RDJ's charm and a good script and boom baby.

>tfw you failed to make capeshit quality movies with Jon Favreau

>they had no expectations
sounds unreal

who's that?

>tfw you are now just a literally who

iktf

Phase 1 was great expect for thor went downhill after that

>sounds unreal
They had no expectations regarding its success. Up until then only Spider-Man and Batman movies broke home box records. They just treated it with the care they would a small, personal project and hoped for the best.

Iron-Man 1 was great (but not the best capeshit movie)
Iron-Man 2 was not good

And how did they make them in a cave with a box of scraps?

>Iron Man 1

Eh, it's good, but I'd put Logan, TDK trilogy, GotG, DoFP and Winter Soldier above it.

>Iron Man 2

No. Iron Man 2 is a "heat check." Favreau and Marvel thought, "Gee, the first movie worked well despite having no script, so let's do the same thing with the sequel! And we'll tie-in The Avengers for good measure!"

I like Iron Man 2, but it isn't nearly as good as the first one, or several other comic book movies.

the first one had almost no inteference from marvel, had no script and a lot of it was improvised

the second was just marvel shit

>expect for thor
That/s one of the best Phase 1 movies along with Iron Man

100% agree. Thor 1 is underrated

The only good capeshit is Iron Man 1 and Captain America 2.
Everything else is hot garbage.

I would say Iron Man 2 would have been perfect if the ending fight had been longer. I still don't understand why they didn't give us a perfectly fleshed out fight but whatever

Phase 1 is objectively better than the rest of the MCU and the movies in it are the only ones I have repeatedly watched

>that Iron Man 1
>that Incredible Hulk
>that Thor reviving scene
>that 1940s Captain America atmosphere

Is Sup Forums so contrarian now that we have to pretend that Iron-Man 2 is good?

I always fail to see why people think IM2 is outright "bad". it has its issues but calling it bad is a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it?

The only great scene in Thor is when Odin banishes Thor to Earth. The rest of the movie feels like a waste of time in comparison.

Favreau made the movie Chef because of his frustration with Kevin Feige turning Iron Man 1 into the standardized formula for MCU movies.

Mickey Rourke was fucking awful and they wasted Sam Rockwell. It's garbage.

>charm

the racist spiderman movie was the best capeshit movie

>not Unbreakable
>not Watchman

yep. you're a pleb

>unbreakable
>watchmen
>capeshit

Boy, you are a dummy.

Yeah I really don't get why Sup Forums hates on the first Thor movie. Dark World wasn't that great but the first one was really entertaining.

>they're not capeshit
oh boi

Iron Man 2 has like 2 acts. It's amazing in what a waste it is.

Is something wrong?

More like Iron Man Poo