gwern.net/Spaced-repetition
vocaroo.com/i/s10NJvd44ig5
djtguide.neocities.org/kana/index.html
youtu.be/6p9Il_j0zjc
youtu.be/s6DKRgtVLGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

今日はがんばってね!

Interesting

God, clickbait is even stronger in Japan.

なんやこれ

how is clickbait In Canada?

japaneseverbconjugator.com/VerbDetails.asp?txtVerb=IKIMASU

How many of these do I NEED to learn ? There is so many variations.

なんやこれ (Whats this)
Is that right user ?

Yes. It's なんだこれ spoken in Kansai dialect.

Yea if you want to sound like a massive faggot

lol

ありがとう

It varies wildly, but the wording is pretty strong on that Japanese one.

There are such stuff in Japan too.

Fuckin' saved.

I knew most of those, but that's really handy.

What's this?

Shorthand.

Time for Anki

Never seen #10. Only 木+キ.

I see, thanks!

What does ってる mean?

It changes the verb before it into the progressive form.
See grammar guides the residents of this thread recommend.

short for っている

しかし何ね、うちらが10年前中学やった頃はオタクなんちいうのはばり気持ち悪がられちょって学校でもカースト下位に属しちょったのにくさ、急に外国人に人気っち知れ渡るようになってから手の平返したごたあげな風にツイッターでん何でんリア充っぽい奴もプリキュラ?プリキュア?やら見だしててウケるwww
までもウチも初音ミクは好きばい!炉心溶融はまぢ神

When people complain about kanji being too similar or overly complex, direct them to the eldritch horror that is Tangut:
unicode.org/charts/PDF/U17000.pdf

It was made by ancient Chinese scholars who specifically wanted to make it hard for outsiders to learn their script. An early example of oc donut steel.

In what way is this harder than kanji

ははあ
古代カムチャッカ弁ですな

Look it up if it isn't obvious by looking through the script in the linked unicode documentation.

おはよう /jp/
I'm traveling to Japan next month, and will be in some semi-formal situations. Should I introduce myself as lastname-firstname or firstname-lastname if I'm speaking in Japanese?

Say both of them.
But you can say American-way first.

Read about that before. I wonder how many people at the time could actually read it.

>The [Tangut] language is remarkable for being written in one of the most inconvenient of all scripts, a collection of nearly 5,800 characters of the same kind as Chinese characters but rather more complicated; very few are made up of as few as four strokes and most are made up of a good many more, in some cases nearly twenty. It is extremely difficult to remember them, since there are few recognizable indications of sound and meaning in the constituent parts of a character, and in some cases characters which differ from one another only in minor details of shape or by one or two strokes have completely different sounds and meanings.

>make an intentionally even more complex writing method than Chinese
>get conquered and wiped out

There is Justice in the world, after all.

橋の端で箸を買う

>おはよう /jp/

tofugu.com/japanese/japanese-onomatopoeia/

I want to make an anki deck out of this but some of it looks obscure to spend time remembering. What do you guys think?

様々な図表をありがとう、イギリスさん。役立ちそう

I happened to have this saved in higher quality

It's so much easier to learn those by listening and reading extensively than Anki. They're bottom-priority anyway because you can often figure them out from context and many are normally paired with a verb that gives away the meaning. At the very least you should mine them from natural text rather than a list.

Okay thanks, saves me a lot of time. Wasn't sure if maybe someone would want it here as well.

I'm just really bad at them

Is there any way to set up a sort of randomised session of specific cards from a deck in Anki? I'm trying to do that now to help with learning but it always just gives me new cards in the default order.

Tag the cards and then Custom study -> study by card state or tag.

Anki doesn't implement a simpler way to do this because Anki is all about spaced repetition. Cramming is a waste of time if your goal is to remember things in the long term.
gwern.net/Spaced-repetition

Can anyone help me with understanding this text?
はんたい? じゃあ雪華綺晶は冬のお人形
Well, Kirakishou - you are winter doll?
どしなんでしょぅか。私の名前は雪の結晶のことなんだと...
And what does ことなんだと mean here?
Something like ことなんだと思ってるんですか?

I understand "My name is about crystal of snow."

できない

違うよ!強くて!ファイト!

よし!
いくぞ!
レップする!

がんばって、葉くん

whoa

どうしたの?

i get it, Sup Forums is for normies who want to speak japanese, not read it, but you really should start learning and using more kanji, the entire thread is in kana

I mean that would be good advice but scrolling up I'm seeing tons of kanji. not sure what thread you're looking at. and a lot of the kana are in words that are usually spelled in kana, even by natives.

(御前)

ごめんねおにいちゃん
あたしね、かんじはね、よくつかえないよ~
むずかしし

Time to learn 万葉仮名 so we don't upset Finland

どうやらかなもできないみたい・・・

けいべつはしていない

>he browses /r9k/

vocaroo.com/i/s10NJvd44ig5
Rate my Japanese

>vocaroo.com/i/s10NJvd44ig5
1. Tiny sample.
2. Not terrible, but the sample is tiny.
3. You 在日, bro? Where you at?

Wait... what the fuck?

There's no plural in Japanese???

Yamate! Senpai! Eiii!

とてもぉぉぉぉぉぉぉじょうず

why does indo-european need to inflect verbs by speaker?

You new here, son?

Next, you'll find there are no gender, tense, or case, either. That's when the fun begins.

That is more a question for a linguistics board, not here.

Just started today. Japanese is the first language I have begun to study. I want to know a good method for memorizing and writing the characters in the Hiragana and Katakana writing systems, if such a thing exists. DJT resource guide doesn't really show anything like that, just vocabulary stuff.

bruv
djtguide.neocities.org/kana/index.html

if you didn't see this in the guide then I'm not sure if you can learn this language

For the kana, just rote memorize them by writing them a bunch of times and maybe do something like realkana/the djt kana website to grind out recognition. Make sure you're using proper stroke order, and write on graph paper putting your character inside 4 of the grids and try to make sure everything is the right size and position relative to everything else. You can also print off worksheets or something which give you a few grids to trace over the character as its supposed to be written if you'd like

Just don't spend too much time practising your writing. It's really more important that you can recognize them, writing will help, especially with helping you distinguish some of the characters people have trouble with, but regardless it's a much less important skill than being able to read them.

Also don't do this for kanji because it will be a waste of time and be fucking awful. This only works for kana because there is not actually that many characters.

I'll give you maybe one month before you stop.

I'll prove you wrong. :) I don't really quit much of anything, though it takes me a while to start.

no learning either

This Go to /lang/ on Sup Forums, they would love that type question and they're looking for more traffic.

it was a rhetorical question fugg

pretty good, where r u from?

Pohland jane?

Probably he mentioned Poland just as a joke or something I guess.

youtu.be/6p9Il_j0zjc
youtu.be/s6DKRgtVLGA

アメリカでは真夜中です。今から寝ます!

おやすみなさい

バンプ

Time for Anki.

¡Tren Bala!

>Also don't do this for kanji because it will be a waste of time and be fucking awful. This only works for kana because there is not actually that many characters.

This is a meme, you need to learn stroke order for Kanji and develop muscle memory or else you will never learn Japanese. Yes it will take longer than just memorizing them from their general shape, but the results will be much more satisfactory.

The are phone apps for learning stroke order that are very simple and easy to do. After that you can just draw every Kanji that Anki shows you when doing your vocabulary reps to memorize Kanji and stroke order over time just the same way you would memorize only the word.

You don't need to cram 2000+ Kanji and stroke order at the beginning of your learning but that doesn't mean you should neglect it altogether either.

I learned how to write 2K kanji with proper stroke order as a beginner and have now forgotten all but the basic principles. Unless you continually maintain your writing for the rest of your life through either spaced repetition or a diary in Japanese, you'll lose the skill. Fortunately that doesn't matter because it's almost useless. If you're having trouble memorizing how to read kanji, writing is worth trying, but plenty of people have learned Japanese without it.

So just keep a diary, or write to do lists in Japanese. It's not that hard to maintain.