What do you think George Washington and the other Founding Fathers would think of US politics and the way it operates...

What do you think George Washington and the other Founding Fathers would think of US politics and the way it operates today?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABhyKEK-CDg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqaRuzJhS3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Before anyone answers, consider this: does what they might think matter in the slightest?

Washington would be disappointed. When he left office he gave us three not to do's. I forgot two out of the three but one was not to enter alliances. I just remember that we did all three he said not to do.

Nope.

Who gives a fuck what those racist crackers think.

There was also "don't form political parties".

You trying to ruin my thread, bastard?!?!

>fucking niggers

Are you trying to ruin my board, Ahmed?

Yea

Washington would despise it, he specificly told them not to have political parties and yet now they have 2 extremeley powerful ones.

Gookmoot disagrees.

duh, they are the FOUNDING FATHERS

Sort of, but not really. It's good and all to consider how they would've felt and they were brilliant men, but the only think that's worth anything is their work and the ideals they founded this country on.

they are fucking rollin in their graves, its disgusting what society has evolved into

>does what they might think matter in the slightest?

Yes, and I'll tell you why.

They have an AMAZING track record of being right, especially considering the rules were laid down 240 years ago.

This means those rules were independent of political trends, as they'd seen them all and factored them in. Those rules were written with an eye to the governing dynamics of humans, not the political mood of the day.

They were brilliant men, ALL of them. If you've never read any of their works, do yourself a favor and spend a few weeks doing so.

They were world class geniuses. That the document they wrote so long ago still holds up is a testament to their brilliance.

We have NO ONE in office that holds a candle to those men. The most recent one who would have considered them equal company would be Teddy Roosevelt, and I'd listen to arguments for FDR, Truman and Eisenhower. After that it's just a spectrum of good to bad; no greats.

Also, by disregarding the opinion of them just because they're dead, it stands to reason we should disregard any opinion once the person is dead.

The quality of a thought or an opinion does not rely on the person being alive.

Was Washington really a good President?
He owned slaves...

>racist brits in wigs having any sort of forethought
ahahha

no

Oh, that's not the only reason. The amount of power the federal government has amassed since LBJ would have given half of them a heart attack.

Jefferson would start crying

Well, when you think about it we've changed so many things that the founding fathers probably wouldn't recognize the nation.

Look at who was allowed to vote and the rationale they provided for that as opposed to the near mob rule that we have today. That's just the appetizer.

Well put

I wonder if Hamilton would enjoy the broadway play named in his honor.

Methinks the Ruskie shouldn't lecture Americans on racism. It's a bit hypocritical.
Based patriot
My God, I think the founding fathers would be siding with us.

Theyd pat themselves in the back for creating the most powerful nation and for the foresight of the constitution.
Theyd also regret black slavery, they would realise getting negroes over was a huge mistake.
Finally, theyd be be disappointed at the current state of politics but i think theyd accept it since its been 200 over years

He really enjoyed the notion of revolution, but I don't think he lived long enough to see how collectivism (French Revolution) is different from individualism (American Revolution) and why that's important.

It lacks of slaves

Slavery was an economic success though. What they'd regret is how their cucked descendants freed the subhumans and dealt so poorly with the aftermath

They'd be okay with it. They weren't really good people in the first place.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABhyKEK-CDg

nigger detected, lol

The founding fathers were insane by today's standards. They took on the British empire over a lower tax rate than we peacefully bicker over today. They would be appalled at the fact that even have police, the fact that we not only have political parties, but we have two strong ones (zero or many would be better). We not only aren't isolated from works politics, but we're pretty much as involved as possible. And the citizens tolerate all of this and don't even understand why they shouldn't.

Since Lincoln, really.

>lol

I think they would be disappointed by the democratization of the political system. They intended for the United States of America to be a republic governed by educated, patriotic, affluent, white men. Those people were the reason for the USA's great success.

Well generally theyd see it wasnt worth it

Shutup you freckle faced bitch. The fathers would totally be proud at the strength of the nation despite its problems.

>image.gif

>image.jpg

I see what you tried to do there you sneaky bastard.

>you did everything they told you not to do
>would totally be proud

If the Founding Fathers were only interested in strength, they would have remained in the British Empire. They were proud of their principles and independence, which future generations sacrificed on the altar of mob rule, self-interest and globalization.

They'd probably fight a revolution against the foreign occupation like they did in thr past, only this time it's the Israeli crown.

You guys just don't understand.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqaRuzJhS3A

a big fat mess

Jeff is a mess

Exactly this.

He'd hate everything we've become. It makes me sad when I think about it.

You're wrong. They'd love it.

what makes you think this?

Think about it. If they were brought back to life with all memories of the past into today and seen everything their nation had accomplished over the years and how much bigger it had gotten and that for the most part the rules they set were still in place I think they'd be loving it. I think they'd be happy just that it still existed after that long and that they're pretty much legends.

"why did you idiots let the jews take over every pillar of power and influence?" - Washington

Thank you for the rational thought. I appreciate well thought out responses and I think you hit it right on the head. It wasn't politics like we see today, more of a system of governance and how it relates to the governed. What those limits are and how power should be consolidated without abuse as best as possible. These are things that continue to be important today and for the future for any representative constitutional government. To answer the question I think they would be ashamed of us and what we have allowed to happen. To us, our surroundings, our "allies". Our acquiescence has led us down a path very different than the one laid out by the constitution.

That's not a goos representation of Texas's size. Texas is 2x the size of germany.

>a man can't legally grow his own hemp and use it for recreational purposes

The founding fathers would be disgusted.

They wouldve included in the US constitution to send all the slaves back to africa and ban all Jews.

That is true, but there is an objectively bad government that seeks to opress the governed and take away our rights at any chance it gets. You don't think that they would strip us of every right if they could? Not every elected official would but I am sure those with the real power would cast us aside without second thought. We are nothing to them.

A FUCKING ROO

How is it possible to make such lucid remarks about the founding fathers and their wisdom and then go and compare TR and FDR to them? Jesus Christ.