Tfw you realise this winning the oscar wasn't just hollywood pandering and is actually an amazing piece of cinema

>tfw you realise this winning the oscar wasn't just hollywood pandering and is actually an amazing piece of cinema

Other urls found in this thread:

blacknerdproblems.com/life-through-the-prism-of-moonlight/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you never had a life altering homosexual hand job experience in your teen years

Everything was good but the story.

Not sure what the message was

I didn't get it. Help me understand why it deserved any praise at all.

gay niggers

It's a good movie. Won't stop the idiots from chimping out on the street about MUH BLM though

I had a homosexual experience in my early 20's, and it was pretty boring.
Now i'm not really a big fan of sex at all.
Not really asexual, I just don't like the thought of physical contact with another person.

It's about different types of love and pressure that your own community puts on you and how that can sometimes get in the way of expressing yourself and your love.

The main character was always bullied as a kid, so when he ends up going to juvie after he finally stands up for himself (like you're expected to do as a man) by beating the shit out of his bully, he builds a new uber macho thug persona as a front to protect himself, and thus never during his formative to adulthood years had any form of intimacy or expressed his sexuality apart from one isolated incident at the beach where he was still his true self just before he was sentenced. He basically had to make himself something else, which he wasn't, in order to survive and be respected by his community.

And that's just one aspect of the film. There's also the relationship with his father figure, his crack whore mom, etc. Which all deal with other black community issues and forms of love.

I still don't get why that's praise worthy.

Don't you still fantasize about other people when fapping?

Because it does it with surprisingly intelligent and subtle way. It engages and makes you think, and it's admirable how well it works considering the minimal budget and the type of no A-list talent it had.

>Because it does it with surprisingly intelligent and subtle way. It engages and makes you think,
nah, it wasn't that subtle. And just because the movie leaves it blank so you can fill in the plot doesn't mean it's good.

preach bruh we wuz gay and shit

Blacks are gay

Why would i ever watch a film about gay niggers. Manchester by the sea is a far superior film with white men, how can i ever relate to porch monkeys

maybe you just need a homo handjob, bruh

>m-muh race

both movies deal with universal themes that are way beyond race you stupid stormnigger

>I just don't like the thought of physical contact with another person.
I helped someone crack their back last year, and boy that was one hell of a high afterwards.

>both movies deal with universal themes that are way beyond race
uh...I don't think so. Someone who is straight can't really empathize with having to or feeling the need to hide your sexuality

>message

That all niggers are secretly fags

>Someone who is straight can't really empathize with having to or feeling the need to hide your sexuality

Sure you can. Not 100% but there is enough universal overlap that allows it.

race and sexuality are different things bud

It's both though. It's a genuinely great film and the best BP winner in I don't know how long, but it probably wouldn't have even been nominated if it weren't for the whole OscarsSoWhite bullshit.

there really isn't

I never said they were. Are you retarded?

>>both movies deal with universal themes that are way beyond race
>uh...I don't think so. Someone who is straight can't really empathize with having to or feeling the need to hide your sexuality
where is race mentioned?

You don't have to be gay to be able to relate to having to hide who you really are to fit in user. Moonlight doesn't just speak to gayniggers, it speaks to anyone who's ever felt like an outsider.

I don't know, I still don't get it.

>way beyond race

>sexuality isn't way beyond race
are you fucking retarded?

yeah, he's a Sup Forumsyp

you should stop posting.

Some films don't connect with some people, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm straight and white and Moonlight had me on the verge of tears, though.

That intimacy is possible between men, gay or not.

blacknerdproblems.com/life-through-the-prism-of-moonlight/

Assuming any of you are actually interested in the film, this article is brief but effective. Writer of the article is a Guggenheim, gay black poetry.

I have no problem with black people and I have no problem with gay people.

But this film was extremely dull and forgettable. There is nothing about it that stands out.

film was okay

loved the third act.

why exactly?

pretty much this

>Why would i ever watch a film about gay niggers. Manchester by the sea is a far superior film with white men, how can i ever relate to porch monkeys
>both movies deal with universal themes that are way beyond race you stupid stormnigger
>uh...I don't think so. Someone who is straight can't really empathize with having to or feeling the need to hide your sexuality
Responding to someone calling you out for not being able to relate to "porch monkeys" by flipping the script toward sexuality?

It's not a classic but it was oscar worthy , would have liked to see the 3rd act fleshed out

I guess we'll never know thanks to SJWs making a fuss over the previous Oscars.

jesus, how retarded are you?

>>both movies deal with universal themes that are way beyond race
>in other words: both movies deal with other different things than race, like sexuality
>I can't empathize with a gay because I'm not
>HUUURRRR DUUUUUUUUUUURRR SEXUALITY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS BUD

Maherasha did not deserve to win. Jeff Bridges >inb4 muh lazy acting, his character was great and he nailed at it, and go watch Last Picture Show to see if it's the same and Hugo weaving deserved it more

Because you don't have to have shared an experience to feel empathy.

I disagree. But why did the movie have you on the verge of tears?

Comparing Bridges' performance to one from 45 years ago is pretty disingenuous though. He was doing the same grizzled cowboy thing he's been trading on for the past decade or so. He was very good in the last 15 minutes, but nothing special before that.

Lucas Hedges deserved it more than either of them, to be honest.

It was pretty shallow and the main character was shit.

>I disagree.
Then you need to look up what the word empathy means.
>why did the movie have you on the verge of tears?
It was an understated and moving story about repression, masculinity and how we fit into the roles society expects of us, and the very last scene in Kevin's apartment was pure catharsis.

I know what empathy means, and while I can sympathize with people, I can't empathize with them if I don't know what their lives are like. It's disingenuous to say you can, for example, empathize with black people's struggles when you're white. You might believe you can, but you really can't.

I'll just leave it at that this movie wasn't for me and I don't think it deserves all the praise it got.

>It's disingenuous to say you can, for example, empathize with black people's struggles when you're white.

You mean to say the white genocide isn't real?!

What masculinity means when someone is gay

I liked the movie, reminded me of a Frank Ocean song.

Wished there was more of Mahershala Ali's character. He was the best part.

I haven't seen this film yet, but your responses are so bad I'm thinking it must actually be good. I guess I'll go torrent it.

Get a load of this cock sucking faggot kek.

>faggots
>on my Sup Forums
Yeah sure, pal.

I will never watch this movie and there's nothing you can do about it!

It was average. The last half hour was boring shit.