Now, we truly are, Rogue One

>Now, we truly are, Rogue One.
Really?

Imma let you finish, but Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie of them all.

Woah, shit so pretty it looks like chocolate compared to the rest of the turds in the drain. What an achievement.

Enjoy your forgettable childish disney movies user.

>I hate all horror movies but let me tell you why The Thing is shit...
Opinion discarded.

Fuck off reddit

>it's reddit because I disagree with it
Reddit vacationers and their shitposting. They will never leave. We don't shitpost up your website, so show some respect.

Yeah that shit was pretty gay. At least it wasn't that one in the preview Bunnyfu uttered. Fuck that
>"I'm a rebel, I rebel"
REEEEE

>We're the Warriors... the Star Warriors

moonwalked out of the theater then and there

I love horror tho. The Thing was alright. Star Wars hasn't been anything but pandering in a very long time. Sorry user.

>pandering

This user gets it.

>contrarianposting

Director Gareth Edwards:

"what you do is you create VISUALS of what WOULD be great, and then you TRY and FIND A WAY of linking them all".

hmmmmmmmmmm somethings missing here? could it be STORY? CHARACTER?

rogue one is pure fan fiction that is very hard to justify.

Congratulations, you bought my (you)

Why did they call themselves Rogue One in the first place? None of the shit they did in this movie was anything rogue squadron-like

film is a visual medium

what you refer to story is simplified in your head as causality, cause and effect, linearity and that's it.

yeah i like transformers too

I'm so fucking sick of the "hurr story doesn't matter in film" or the "umm film is a visual medium??" bullshit. It's both, you retards, and since Georges fucking Melies shot his weird Satan and Moonman films, people tell stories with visuals.

If you really believe that film is a "visual medium" go buy some prints of some Stan Brakhage bullshit like "mothlight" or "Window Water Baby Moving" and never watch a damn narrative again.

"Melies"

"Stan Brakhage",

calling a traditional film "a narrative".

We get it.

We are all really impressed.

Face it, Rogue One is more immersive and has better space explosions, the two cornerstones of Star Wars.

I have the high ground. You cannot win.

Is this guy's entire acting range confined to nervous dudes who are desperate and in over their head? It was like his Nightcrawler character all over again

he's really good in Four Lions

> "what you do is you create VISUALS of what WOULD be great, and then you TRY and FIND A WAY of linking them all".

This, more than anything else, encapsulates why RO was so god-awful.

they did a terrible job of "linking" everything, this was one of the choppiest movies I've ever seen. As soon as you'd get used to a location and character they'd jump across the galaxy to some new setting and new characters. moments like the Death Star emerging from the clouds would've been amazing if they would just let the moment breathe instead of immediately cutting to somewhere else

> I have the high ground. You cannot win.

you are Darth Maul, goading over Obi-Wan's dangling body

All meming aside, this part was ironically the most enjoyable part of the movie for me. Has there ever been a title drop that wasn't hilariously bad?

>Why did they call themselves Rogue One in the first place? None of the shit they did in this movie was anything rogue squadron-like

They went rogue, hence the call sign "Rogue One". The Hoth snowspeeder squadron (and the EU X-wing squadron) was obviously named Rogue in honor of them.

Because a certain cuckhead, i.e., thought it sounded cool