Now that the rust is settled, what is your honest opinion on True Detective?

Now that the rust is settled, what is your honest opinion on True Detective?

Other urls found in this thread:

azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2017/04/14/child-dies-after-being-struck-fathers-truck-mesa/100489522/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums is a flat circle. We posted these memes before and we'll post them again.

It was alright minus the stupid space library and black hole scenes.

I liked them both, but:

s1 = reddit
s2 = Sup Forums

This is undeniable

This guy is IRL Rust;

azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2017/04/14/child-dies-after-being-struck-fathers-truck-mesa/100489522/

fuck off reddit

*easily breaks imto office negating the whole other 40 minutes of the episode*
*finds damning evidence in the first drawer they open*
>THERE'S SIGNATURES ALL OVER THEM
(Because that's what you do when you operate a pedophile/hooker murder club. Sign documents)
*drifts into the mood while dubstep is playing*

chad did nothing wrong and should have lived

That's Todd Heap, have some respect.

Its a shitty pretentious show

>I can see your soul at the edges of your eyes. It's corrosive, like acid. You got a demon, little man. And I don't like your face. It makes me wanna do things to it.

Mediocre.

Gay cop was literaly the worst character. Anni was reddit teir dad was a cult leader she was a nutjob feminist bad, and gay cop was still worse. He had no motivation for any action he did except his autistic desire to ride motorcycles and be a giant faggot. His story was shit and he was apparently magic since he was in the army. Also, i was a combat engineer and did 2 tours in the stan and 1 in iraq. We never once camped out for a few days and had gay sex orgies.

But if we did eho cares? What is his motivation for hiding his sexuality in the second gayest city in america?

Such a fascinating but totally fictional story

>makes me wanna do things to it

lmao literally "my face is tired" tier

10/10 directing and acting masked the 3/10 writing for the first 5 or so episodes, then the plot became too shitty to ignore once it could no longer rely on being mysterious. S2 was a complete trainwreck.

I never bothered to watch Season 2, did gay cop actually have a backstory where he had a gay orgy in the army and fucked his nasty greasy shit covered fellow soldiers' assholes?

Season 1 is a 10
Season 2 is a 9

It wasnt a true backstory. It was some guy showing up and threatining to out him as a faggot IN LOS ANGELES IN 2015. They talk about it a little anf its a rediculous story about them camping out in some house in iraq and doing gay sex for days.

I never stayed in the same place for 2 straight days other than end and beginning parts of deployment.

Season 1 is some of my favorite TV ever. It was really well made, told an interesting story, and I loved the pulp novel/weird tales vibe it was going for. My dad loved that shit, so I was around the show's influences a lot as a kid.

Season 2 was a big disappointment to me. I dropped it after two or three episodes. Maybe I should give it another shot, but it seriously didn't interest me all, which is a serious drop considering Season 1 had me hooked within a few minutes.

>as a kid
>2014
underageb&

It was true

His mother basically confirms it saying he was always odd and that she knew about his special friends

The whole point of his character was he wanted go be the american standard of what it means to be a man and he wasn't and tried desperately to change it, even though he didn't have too because he did most of the detective work and was the best cop in a firefight and on the job

But it was a halfbaked pizza his character

Did you not read my post? I said I was around the show's influences as a kid. In other words, I grew up reading old pulp novels and weird tales collections from the early 20th century. Lovecraft paperback collections weren't invented in 2014, there were plenty of those around in the 70s and 80s when my dad was buying them.

>zero reading comprehension
underageb&

Time to work on your reading skills buddy

He was a warrior god driven towards annihilation, he was a great character.

I guess gay cop was afraid people in the PD and the military would find out and call him a faggot and laugh or something. I would imagine you would get a lot of ribbing in both those organizations for being gay so maybe he just couldn't even imagine handling the banter, he had to try to cut it off at the pass at any cost.