SKI JUMPING OLYMPIC TEAM COMPETITION

The team competition starts in an hour. Trial round is currently playing and it's super close, with after three jumping groups Germany leading ahead of Norway and Poland and all within 2 points of each other.

This is gonna be so exciting! I think that Norway will be able to win their first olympic team gold, but Poland is hungry as well. Depends on Kubacki not choking, I suppose. Geiger and Leyhe have been very good in training but they're a bit of chokers both.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ri9uqsznono
youtube.com/watch?v=eciZWNdkGqs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eosinophilic_granulomatosis_with_polyangiitis
sportschau.de/olympia/live/livevideocenter-olympia-pyeongchang-100.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Germany just a bit ahead of Norway in the trial round, Poland a bit behind (Kamil has a meh jump). Bickner with an excellent jump, showing Kamil how it's done!

I was wrong, Norway slightly ahead of Germany by 0.9p. Less than a point! This is going to be an absolutely wonderful competition.

That said, I think Tande and Forfang choked a bit in the trial, but so did Geiger and Leyhe. Can't say for certain who's going to choke the least and win this.

>Bickner 7th

niiiiiiice

Was waiting for Your thread finnbro!

- Norway is in peak performance, it would be only misfortune to lose it.
- Either way it is Poland vs Germany for 2nd a.k.a. who will choke (more), i.e. Kubacki or Leyhe like usual.

BTW, Bickner made great appearance. Hope to see him be in Top 10 in Raw Air.

I was a bit late this time, but nice to hear you waited!

It would be pretty funny to see Leyhe choke after him putting so much effort into getting into the team ahead of Eisenbichler. We'll see. I personally believe in the Germans - I'd love to be proven wrong and Poland take the silver, but I just can't see it. That said, last year in Lahti everybody on the team gave their best jumps in the team competition, with crazy good jumps from Zyla and Kot... Dunno, really! If Hula jumped as well here on the large hill as he did on the normal, Poland could well even take the gold, but now...

Please beat the Russians for the 8th place usabro, I want to see more of those great Bickner jumps

do you need a fire extinguisher from that Russian triggering?

Thanks for the trial recap, wasn't able to catch it. Hyped as fuck.

easier said than done, looking at the individual large hill results

OAR: 26th, 29th, 39th, 42nd
USA: 20th, 46th, N/A (39th on normal hill), N/A (46th on normal hill)

Who's ready to finish 6th here? I know I am. Based coach Janus taking us to the final beating teams like South Korea and Kazakhstan.

Planica can't come soon enough, for this misery must end.

Is the big jump competition where people do a bunch of tricks off of one ramp, are all of those over?

>This is going to be an absolutely wonderful competition.
>tfw at work
>tfw can only follow the liveticker

>merica
This is a real sport.

Poe's law allows me to mistake your post for a legit one.

No, not this one.

:( Sucks Germanbro. What about eurosport player?

Yeah, but I feel the Russians have jumped worse and worse here as time's gone by. It's definitely possible.

Are you going to promote your B team coach to be the head coach after Janus, or do you have some other prospect?

I know this is ski jumping, I just dont know what the big jump is called. NBC makes it really hard to find this stuff.

>tfw watched nge for the first time recently
>tfw I can feel myself becoming a weeb

how do I stop it

You mean large hill?

>Are you going to promote your B team coach to be the head coach after Janus, or do you have some other prospect?
Janus will 98% stay. The people who run ski jumping here are politicians and don't know much about it. If not the American/Canadian coach will come in since he's Slovenian and cheap.

I've started work remotely since January. Feels good man.

I know this feel

Okay, let's hope you'll have better success next year. Such a shame how many of your youth have been wasted so far, like Hvala, Dezman, Cene Prevc etc.

I meant freestyle skying ariels, I thought it would be marked under ski jumping since NBC is grouping everything together and not marking them.

Don't worry after you watched the ~400 actually good anime it will stop by itself. Unless you have shit taste of course.

IT BEGINS
also
>czech republic

I doubt there's anything better to come. Still hoping it was the first and last anime I ever watched.

youtube.com/watch?v=ri9uqsznono

Just look for some 90s productions and admire the animation quality with decent plot.

Colleague just left to hold a presentation. Can watch for now. There is a ski jumping god.

Kranjec did an interview a few days ago saying that after his injury, Janus didn't know what to do with him. How to prepare him again, so he had the same training program as the rest of the team. That's why he was so weak. After being demoted to our B team he improved in a month and has won 2 races in the continental cup so far. He also said Janus hasn't called him once after he demoted him. I think the only reason Janus is still around is because he took Prevc to a world cup glory and olympic medals.

Late 90s early 00s were truly the GOAT anime era.

Go Janne! Very nice jump all in all considering how bad you've been throughout the season

also did some calculations, if Bickner had done 133.0 for both his jumps, assuming the landing points don't change, he would have finished 12th ahead of Ahmann, Eisenn, and Hula

i swear to god ahonen will jump like that when he's 60

Ive only watched a handful of animes, I really really enjoy the 90s hand drawn aesthetics (at least I think thats what I like, stuff that looks like Ninja Scroll)

New anime aesthetics turn me off
I havent looked too far into what to actually watch though

I''m kinda similar to you. Though I already watched a couple of animes besides NGE.
Still I'd say it's by far the best.
You might wanna check out Gunbuster, since it's Hideaki Anno's directorial debut. Nowhere near as good as NGE but it's interesting to see the development. And it has a ton of fanservice.

Anyway, hope either Poland or Germany can upset Norway today. Norway would definitely deserve it though.

Sounds a lot like Kruczeck for Poland, lol - allowed to continue so long because of Kamil's success, despite not being able to train the other very talented guys (Kot, Kubacki etc) at all.

That Kranjec example is pretty crazy, lol. Shouldn't be allowed to happen like that.

How long do you think Takeuchi can still jump before dying?

Thanks, noted.

Didn't Kruczek admit, that he isn't qualified enough to handle it?

He is relatively young by Japan / Ahonnen standards

best fans

Kraft's found his jump on this hill now - 133,5m, really excellent. I really hope he doesn't return to his winning ways, lol

what the fuck is this

>breaking up the commentary to announce another gold medal
winter olympics are based

Wissen sie vielleich wo kann man Animu mit deutschen Untertiteln herunterladen/streamen?

stop jumping so hiiiiigh Kot aaaaaa

youtube.com/watch?v=eciZWNdkGqs

>NorgeFUCKERS just won another surprise gold at 500m speed skating

NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN

This is what Janus said throughout the season:

>before the season
our goal is for one to finish amongst top 5 and two amongst top 10. For Olympics we want 4 medals.
>middle of the season
our goal was always one in top 10 and two in top 20. For olympics the goals haven't changed. One medal
>before olympics.
look we have one jumper close to top 10. That was always the realistic prediction. For olympics one in top 10 will be great, and maybe we can challenge for the medal.

They do it in the summer too :3

geiger wtf

Y-yeah totally.

I think he did, yeah. It was nice.

Mika was 4th, I just can't handle this any more, first the Normal Hill, now this

He's got this thing tho
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eosinophilic_granulomatosis_with_polyangiitis

Breddy good

Why Kot instead of Żyła again?

Kot has been nothing but shit

Geiger didn't choke, that's a first

Kurenti.

They are part of a pagan ritual for scaring the winter away.

They are really scary up close.

how else you expect them to practice?

You probably won't, I've been a huge Eva fan for most of my life but I don't like anime in general.

You might like Madoka, though.

Żyła was doing really badly during training sessions.

BEST KOREA

HOW and WHY Korea can be so terrible? Even Canada and Kazakhstan produce much better jumpers.

why do they even bother?

Kot beat Zyla in every single training

>race without wind being a deciding factor
seems to shape up to be a good competition

Zyla always does badly in training though
Last year was the same.

That's true, but you have to show at least some promise in training. Can't just count on past merits. Zyla's usually pretty clutch, yeah, but he just jumped poorly.

How does the team jump event work, lads?

because it's the Olympic Games in their home country

Based. Looks similar to southern german carnival. Goes to show you how clever the catholic church was in mixing pagan rituals with christian holidays.

It wasn't a surprise though. He's been the best this season.

Sum up total points, 8 best proceed to final round.

Just sum up the points (distance points + judge rating) from each of 4 jumpers.

When does it start? ZDF says 13.30 but that's wrong obviously

Hula's jumping like clockwork - nice looking stable jumps, but no fireworks. Shame

It started 13:30.

20 minutes ago

nigger it's already live

That's when it started

mediathek only gives me zweierbob when I click skispringen

fucking RIP Germany

Just give them the medal already.

Wat? Leyhe did fine.

Good stuff.

SWEET

Really excellent by Stjernen, way better than in the individual competition. The beginning of the flight is not so hasty, he gains just a bit more height there, and then he just enjoys the flight. Amazing jump all in all

Eurosport. Fuck ZDF

Who gets highest gold count this Olympics, Germany or Norway?

It's on ARD not ZDF
sportschau.de/olympia/live/livevideocenter-olympia-pyeongchang-100.html

yes, I've relocated from PC to TV

Wish leyhe did just a little bit better, but it's okay.

Norway does look unbeatable.

it's on normal tv (ARD) right now, you should be able to access that online

If there are more luge/bob/skeleton/whatever events left, I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany win, but I believe.

>implying I listen to Tom Bartels if I can get based Hanni

We do, of course.

there's 3 bobsled competitions left

I hope America makes the finals once on a big stage.

same

but 10th/11th here :(

How many ski jumpers do you have?