Well this was stupid

After The Thin Red Line, Boondock Saints and The Green Inferno, I'm beginning to realize this board has really shit taste.

Are there any Sup Forums recommendations that aren't complete hot garbage?

The Thin Red Line is a work of art, no one on here likes The Boondock Saints or The Green Inferno.

Who the fuck thinks Boondock Saints is good?

>Boondock Saints
You're trolling, only teenage boys like that movie.

The Void is pretty good.

ITT: movies that Sup Forums got you to watch that weren't that great

How is it bad? There's some fairly good body horror and human psychopathy, cults, cutting open people and an occult-ish "subtext".

It's nice campy fun, it reminds me a lot of Prince of Darkness. Not on the same level, obviously, but the general feeling is the same.

Thinking about it, half of what happens in The Void is inspired by/references to Prince of Darkness's scenes.

It tried to be a Lovecraft movie when it was a nearly perfect Dead Space movie.

>Boondock Saints

It wasn't bad, but I'd say I'm underwhelmed.

The preview had me expecting more body horror and transformation sequences. The first creature was fairly interesting although it was hidden behind other objects and flashing lights. The scene where it drags the officer into the hallway was very poorly done.

The basement creatures were pretty cool, and the one impaling it's head over and over trying to kill itself was neat.

The nurse transformation was probably the most disappointing part of the movie for me. Between the doctor and the movement in her stomach I was expecting something quite gruesome and disturbing. Instead we get mostly stationary tentacles in a scene with zero gravity.

There was no character development to speak of, the editing at times made little sense, and it fell into the old trap of hiding the effects on poor lighting or behind objects.

Overall I think it was a neat idea, but executed poorly.

How is it it a void if it has tentacle monsters in it?

Who the fuck likes the Green Inferno?

Dead Space is supposed to be a critique of western macro culture though, by showcasing the results of collusion between state actors and religious extremism + rampant capitalism. The horror of Dead Space is just a classic zombie/slasher trope adapted for modern audience by utilizing pseudo-science and futuristic scenery. It's altogether very good and ambitious for a video game especially an over-the-shoulder shooter but its not very similar to The Void outside of some superficial overlap of the monsters.

The Void is more Hellraiser for a less christian-orientated audience. There are parallels between Dead Space and The Void but the stakes are a lot smaller. The Void would fit better into Lovecraft or SCP or Stranger Things genre.

The Void is a reference to the inconsolable loss experienced by the characters in the movie. The place they visit is full of different things, but there aren't any tentacle monsters seen there. It's unlikely any tentacle monsters actually reside in the void.

I will give you ONE QUALITY recommendation, but only if you promise to watch it.

Do you have this reply stored in a file somewhere, ready to be copy pasted every time a Void thread pops up?
Anyhow, I agree. It certainly needed much more character development.

Ending was complete shit but the basement scene was cool. They should've focused more on the occult side of things instead of the doctor, the cop or the autistic guy's family bullshit. The movie feels like a rushed gore fest.

Bring it on

> he remembers a video game story
Embarrassing

Howd you know I was going to rec that?

the void made me wonder what i am looking for in a horror movie... they sure deliver a lot of it but is it a good thing? the creepy cult, sculpting human flesh into other "beautiful things", the cosmic monstrosity that show how fragile and insignificant we are, nice atmospheric ominous ending: all fine, i liked it all. quite comfy + lot of shoutouts to horror movies of the last 30 years who addressed some of that. now what, in a way... where horror movies can go? i wouldn't mind more of the same, sort of, like a lot of people and i expect it will continue to get made since i am not the only one but... is it all there is?

I copypasted it from the time I saw it in another thread

Alright, check out Fantastic Mr Fox. It has heartwarming characters, morals, beautiful animation and it's pretty funny. A perfect all ages movie imo, something for everyone to enjoy.

u cheeky cunt

Yeah, good horror is quite hard to get. Then again, I think it boils down to what John Langan said, that all monsters are patently ridiculous. But there is one exception: whichever monster happens to scare YOU. Which won't necessarily be the same as anyone else's.

The problem then is that you have to consume a lot of horror hoping you come across someone who has the same fears as you and has made a movie with them. It's hard, but also worth the payoff once you find it.

>where horror movies can go?

Existential dread is a dead horror genre.
Sexual violence doesn't have a lot of entries.
Hard violence with children starring; basically a better It that they'll never make.

>he hasn't played the vidyakino that is dead space

It's Alien, basically

>1 is spooky claustrophobic horror
>2 is action
>the less said about 3 the better

drive was kind of boring

people here actually recommended Green Inferno? LOL

fuk u op, i like boondock saints

suk a donkey dick op