The Protestant Lie

I'm not surprised at the amount of anti-Catholic hate on Sup Forums - being a 'member' of Sup Forums; however, requires you have thick skin and not take anything personal.

But, let's talk about the lies of the Protestant faith tradition. While they condem Catholics as being a religion of the traditions of men - it's they that are lost and confused.

You see none of the major tenants of the Protestant tradition is expressedly stated in the bible. Oh, they claim to be bible alone and they claim that if it's not in the bible it should be rejected. Yet, they twist verse after verse out of its context to fit their ideology.

For example. The lie of "faith alone." It's not taught in the bible. Jesus didn't teach it. The apostles didn't teach it. The early church fathers didn't teach it. No. It's a 14th century creation of Martin Luther. So, you corner a prot to show you in the bible where faith is specifically discussed - they can't. Instead they'll go into long winded filibusters about how this verse "really means this" or "Paul was really saying that" or "it's implied" and so on.

Faith alone isn't the only lie they've made up by twisting verses out of context. The list is long... Very long. And, that's why there are 40,000 plus versions of Protestanism. They can't even agree with each other on the sources of their man made beliefs.

Other urls found in this thread:

bible.com/1/act.16.29-31.KJV
bible.com/1/eph.2.8-9.KJV
youtu.be/0uL_IAJWvX0
libertynews.com/2014/06/shock-for-first-time-ever-pope-to-allow-reading-of-quran-and-islamic-prayers-at-vatican-this-sunday/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck the pope and the IRA

Typical protacuck response.

Protecucks believe any retard can just read the bible and understand the profound messages. You shouldn't be surprised they get stuff wrong all the time.

>cucktolics

While the Bible itself may not explicitly argue for sola scriptura, it most definitely does not allow for traditions that contradict its message. Sola scriptura is not as much of an argument against tradition as it is an argument against unbiblical, extra-biblical and/or anti-biblical doctrines. The only way to know for sure what God expects of us is to stay true to what we know He has revealed"the Bible. We can know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that Scripture is true, authoritative, and reliable. The same cannot be said of tradition.

Please don't make general statements about "protestants", I agree there are more heretical mainline denominations than even Roman Catholicism

Why would the Bible tell us to read scripture if we weren't intended to?
On whose authority should we trust to interpret God's word?

The bible IS an authority, yes. But, it's the not 'only' authority. They didn't even have a 'bible' for the first three hundred years of Christiandom. Even the bible itself states that not if Jesus' teaching could be written down.

What's scary is nowadays you have Protestants that so anti-Catholic and so convinced of their own tradition that they're actually publishing altered bibles. The authors of the NIV have removed some 14,000 verses, changed words, and outright rewrote certain verses to sound more "Protestant."

Google it.

ITT: Protestant heretics being angry because reasons

Your pontiff literally kisses the feet of invading muslims and demands Europe accept more of them. Nothing of you theology or metaphysics matters until you execute that traitor and replace him with someone who actually supports the people of European Christendom.

Don't accuse me of endorsing the NIV
The Bible is the ultimate authority y/n?

>anti-Catholic hate on Sup Forums
Are you even on the same Sup Forums?

>Muh Traditions
>Muh Fish Hat Man
>Muh Anti-Semitic History
>Muh Proddies Are Heretics
>Muh Desu Veult

Protestants have no sense of aesthetics. The purged the graeco roman values of beauty, ritual and pomp for "belief". They're the islamists of christianity.

The lie of Catholicism, and many other denominations, is the authority of men. if your denomination allows you to slip towards the political correctness that is killing the mainline Episcopalian and Presbyterian denominations because you rely too much on the authority of fallible men, you are bound to move from Christ sooner or later

>The authors of the NIV have removed some 14,000 verses
Maybe the "Mainline" Protestants like the NIV but the Fundamentalists hate the NIV, calling it a work of Satan. They are the King James Bible kind of Christian.

>Protestants adopted pagan values and rituals

Well can you direct me to a passage in the Bible that directs you to perform your pagan worshipping ceremonies?
Is there a passage that talks about the Papacy? I don't think so.

Christianity is not about white supremacy you stormfag, but I do agree that the current pope is out of his mind

And, it's funny how they (the faith alone) and offer a reasonable defense to why John 3:16 says you're saved by believing while Romans 3:28 says you're saved by faith.

They'll tell you 'faith' and 'belief' are the same thing. No. No, they're not.

I believe Comcast exists. That doesn't mean I have faith they'll deliver quality service.

>Christianity is not about white supremacy
And that is why Western Civilization will fall. Not doubt Christianity had it's place in history but now it's time to consider to current conditions and needs. Adapt or perish.

Sup Forums is a Jewish board you filthy goy.

What is the difference between faith and belief. You can't have one without the other though when it comes to God though. Isn't it right by virtue of being one piece of the puzzle?

faith without acts are meaningless. t. martin luther

acts without faith are useless. t. brigham young

Galatians 3:28

Christian White Supremacists aren't Christians.

Just to add on this, read the book Exodus: Why Americans Are Fleeing Liberal Churches for Conservative Christianity by David Shiflett

It shows how much wrong can be done when you let fallible humans take control of the church, instead of leaving that up to God.

The slippery slope leftwards is very easy to fall down, all it takes is one idiot in charge...

>do agree that the current pope is out of his mind

never met a Jesuit before, eh user?

When I tell you the difference are you allowed to submit to my grammatical authority or do you need a bishop to sign a waiver?

Go buy a concordance :^)
Or go to blueletterbible.org

I disagree. You can have belief without faith.

I'll give my example again. I 'believe' the Miami Dolphins exist. That doesn't mean I, by default, have 'faith' they're going to SB this year. There are many people who believe God exists... But, do to the circumstances of their lives don't necessarily have faith in Him.

Protestants started their movement by breaking christian icons and banishing rituals, while overvalueing the holy scripture like true fundamentalists do. Look at how ugly their churches look and how many denominations and splinter groups they have, they're like headless chicken searching for guidance, because they have no tradition.

N O T

A

T H E O L O G I C A L

A R G U M E N T

>responding to post with "not an argument"
>burgers

Is it possible to have faith but not belief? Sometimes I give a prayer of thanks when things turn good after struggling but I can't say that there is actually anybody listening. Its my way of being grateful to something just in case that something (like a god) really had anything to do with it.

Theology only entered religion recently, mostly after the enlightment. And it planted the seeds of atheism, because taking religion literally is what destroys religion.

>The lie of "faith alone." It's not taught in the bible. Jesus didn't teach it
There's a passage in the OT on which allegedly Luther based his notions

In general lutheranism is german autism + making OT equal with the NT

Salvation isn't obtained through a fast food drive through "say this prayer, have faith, and you're good to go" meme.

It's obtained through a life lived. Faith, belief, baptism, confessing your sins... The New Testament lists out salvation quite clearly. The problem is this erroneous notion of faith alone.

Protestantism is like autistic paganism in its structure.

No, theology is the study of God, in Christianity through is word
What do you think it means to be a Christian?
Do you believe Jesus died for you?

That made me laugh out loud...

Which reminds me. While Protestants believe (well most them) the earth is only 6000 years old...

Many Catholics like myself know it's billions of years old. Catholism is very friendly toward science.

The father of The BigBang theory? Catholic priest.
The father of genetics? Catholic monk.
So on and so on.

Did you really just quote Brigham young? Gtfo you crazy mormon

The word 'Christain' was initially meant as insult.

Catholics do indeed believe Jesus died for us. You ever been to a Mass? It's almost entirely dedicated to Jesus.

A belief in God is a lack of faith in him

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Acts 16:29-31 KJV
bible.com/1/act.16.29-31.KJV

The question is asked in the Bible, "what must I do to be saved?" And the answer does not include "live a full life doing these things"

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
bible.com/1/eph.2.8-9.KJV

Catholics rage at Protestants when there are greater foes laughing.

It's all about the "ceremonies", aka the living tradition, aka the heart of Jesus Christ, aka the Holy Catholic Mass.

Just watch the first 10mins of this, by an ex-Protestant Minister/Professor

youtu.be/0uL_IAJWvX0

I couldn't assume you believed in Jesus when you say we shouldn't study or believe the Bible

Go suck muzzie feet like your fake Jesuit pope.

Schismatics tear apart the Church and make us weak. Protestantism is divide and conquer at work.

>Even the bible itself states that not if Jesus' teaching could be written down.
But it doesn't. The statement (in John 21:25) is about the works of Jesus:
>And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

This.

On what scriptural basis do you support universal Church doctrine, as opposed to local churches being distinct?

Luther never wanted to leave the Church until the he was excommunicated and the Catholics refused to reform.

And now, present day, they focus still on their bitterness.

Catholicism is still very conservative and you will always have to rely on man or woman to teach the bible to new followers. Having no blue print on how to transmit the teachings and instead relying on random tent revival non denominational type preachers leaves an awful lot of room for abuse and conflicting ideas ultimately moving the faith backwards to a time when there were few consensuses' and the Christianity made weak and divided as Satan intended.

But King James is widely recognized as being one of the poorest, in terms of accuracy, translations of all time

A bishop is backed up by a team of experts from local and international communities whose sole role in life is to figure out these things.

For the same reason I'll buy a car from German car companies rather than relying on toilet paper scribbles based on a horse wagon made two villages over. Really now drop this Protestant suspicion and hate of Catholic brothers.

Jesuits are based.

>Catholicism is still very conservative
Don't assume evangelicals rely on tent revival or centralize authority into one person
Churches obedient to the Bible will have elders and deacons

>Instead they'll go into long winded filibusters about how this verse "really means this" or "Paul was really saying that" or "it's implied" and so on.
>implying catholics don't do the fucking same

>The lie of "faith alone." It's not taught in the bible.

Verses supporting faith alone:

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."
Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"
Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ;"
Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;"
Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."
Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
Gal. 2:21, I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.
Gal. 3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

cont.

Eph. 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. 9Not by works, lest any man should boast."
Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."

Verse "supporting" faith and works (if you take it entirely out of context and don't read on): James 2:24

Repent or burn in hell forever catholicuck.

Catholics are heretics and Christian killers.
Some individuals are true to Christ but the Church is not.
They will side with Satan over Christ.

Luther actually amended/modified that part most scholars agree.

Studying the bible, which is a book full of vague information will lead to hundreds of splinter groups. of true faithers. Religion is practice, it's trust, it's tradition. Defining belief is a typically modern rationalistic disregard for the basic irrational mechanisms that govern man’s relation to his world.

libertynews.com/2014/06/shock-for-first-time-ever-pope-to-allow-reading-of-quran-and-islamic-prayers-at-vatican-this-sunday/

Protestants are directly responsible for the fragmentation/tribalisation of the west.

>Catholicism still conservative

Not for long if that cuck Francis gets his way

If someone starts falling down the slippery slope, rock bottom is not too far off.

I, and the bible, agree that tradition consistent with scripture is valuable

On what authority do you claim the Romanist tradition is the correct one, when you can't say the bible best supports this practice?

The Bible is already anti sola Scriptura since it's own origins is from Tradition and it didn't come ALONE but attached with the surrounding traditions of its time such as the very methods of reading it.

But if one needs the correct method to read Scripture, one must assume such methods to be equal with Scripture to uncover it.

Catholicism directly means universalism
This is the goal of the NWO

Groups should be "tribal" or separate, that's the main point of this board

They don't. Sola Fide excludes effort by the human being. But this naturally opposes Paul's lingo

Yet more verses proving justification by faith:

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"
Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."
Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."
Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"
Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."
Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."
Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."

So you deny the divinity of scripture

>churches obedient to the bible will have deacons
That's like your opinion man. You can't exclude the damage wrought by nondenominationalism just because you don't agree with other members. You've only proved my point that it is a fractious and evil movement for the way in which it encourages Christians to go against one another.

There was literally no need for the split. Luther was a useful idiot for the German Princes who didn't like the fact that Catholic Church made God more important than them to their subjects.

Wow, I wonder why Paul wants me to HOLD STEADFAST in what I had been given.

That kinda makes it not sola Fide isn't it?

That is my conviction and I'm prepared to justify it against scripture, just as I must be for Christ's perfect life and sacrifice for all men
I don't subscribe to nondenominationalism
The Baptist tradition is most correct

No. But I do not deny that Scripture magically fell from the sky like you. I believe it also have attached to it the context of Tradition

Where did you come that? Something your pastor told you, and than researching it for yourself just bough hook line and sinker.

I don't know of any Catholics who e told not thread their bible. You do realize that half the Mass is nothing but reading the bible.

And even more, yet

Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."
Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."
1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

Final count: Faith alone 27
Faith and works 1 (if you take it entirely out of context, otherwise it is a statement about dead faith not being real faith, and nothing to do with salvation by works)

A catholicuck lying on Sup Forums? More likely than you think considering they are the anti-christ and full of false teachings such as muslims going to heaven, faith not being sufficient for salvation, and praying to dead people. Oh, not to mention calling priests 'father', directly going against Jesus' command

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:9

Explain this

Help me understand your stance. The bible isn't authoritative, but God really wrote it?

I thought I was continuing conversation with the German poster, not saying catholics aren't encouraged to read

Wow!! Abraham simply had faith and Dindu muffin!!

He so did not actually have to struggle in the face of having to choose God over his son!

If he didn't struggle then his faith is unwarranted for it isn't tested and he did not show us that his faith to God is strong. But he did which is why Paul used him as an example of this

>Literally worshiping a man on a stick
>Not a religion of man

Those don't prove anything other than faith is a required element of salvation.

Show me in the bible where it is specifically stated that we are saved by faith ALONE.

Hint - you can't - because it's not there.

How to explained 1 Peter 3:20-24? Let me guess you're to tell me Peter was speaking metaphorically, or that he wasn't really talking about water baptism, right?

> The lie of "faith alone." It's not taught in the bible

He also didn't tell you to make a celibate old homosexual in a dress your arbiter of religious truth and yet you do that. And you let the fucker live in an art gallery.

And it's a bit fucking rich for a Catholic to bring up what Jesus said, given that your entire religion is based on the teachings of late antique rhetors like Augustine (who was a fucking Manichean!).

Seriously. Go fuck yourself. Catholics are all niggers anyway. Go wash a nigger's feet like your degenerate faggot nigger pope.

It means universalism under the Christian God, local differences are still there if not even more so. Protestantism is tied with the secularisation of this idea, which then is NWO and Satanism.

My position is there that since the bible and history shows us tradition's authority, it opposes sola scriptura

What are you looking for?
I indeed deny the doctrine of transubstantiation

Several of the ones I posted say faith alone...

I know you catholicucks are not actually allowed to read the bible on your own according to the catechism, but this is just silly now.

Wrong. Abraham had faith, yes. But, he also OBEYED God. Do you think he would have been 'Abraham' if he said - "sure, God I believe in you, but I'm not going to do anything. I know you told me to move here and do this or that - but naw... I'm just going to sit here and have faith?"

Do you accept the Eucharist as the FLESH OF CHRIST LIKE IGNATIUS?

I don't think you understand the subtleties and nuances of good leadership. He hasn't changed any church doctrine but is instead offering love and forgiveness to sinners hoping that they will take up his offer and come back to the faith. If that ain't Christ like I don't know what is.

Why don't you watch the first 10mins of this, youtu.be/0uL_IAJWvX0

He is a high ranking Protestant that converted to Catholicism for the right reasons

No they don't say faith alone - they say faith. True to Protestant form you ADD the word under the guise "it's implied" and completely ignore the other verses that outright contradict faith alone.