What films feature the most realistic portrayal of firearms?

What films feature the most realistic portrayal of firearms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rV1qDpyyAMo
youtu.be/k8-ycSkoYfc
youtube.com/watch?v=04dUCT-qO3c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
youtube.com/watch?v=RzCI7vKAWTo
youtube.com/watch?v=tTcrJdZgyUk
youtube.com/watch?v=pPuAKVnqJdk
youtube.com/watch?v=XM3BsAAO8JI
youtube.com/watch?v=4weEXyoXZKs
youtube.com/watch?v=LqQJOr4Rx5k
youtu.be/w-HSoOFdJ3s?t=3m13s
vimeo.com/90068717
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brian Pepper's looking good

heat

damn that dudes fuckin based

what is this from

>Ramsey Bolton vs King Harlaus

Dead Heat

He's dead.

Dark Knight

heroes get remembered but memes never die

The Veteran

youtube.com/watch?v=rV1qDpyyAMo

also pic related

heat
collateral
basically anything by Michael mann

also way of the gun

youtu.be/k8-ycSkoYfc

the accountant

The Crow

Not seen it but I remember Ben WHeatley talking about how Free Fire is supposed to be a more realistic look at action movies. He got reading an FBI report of a shootout:
>Free Fire was prompted in part by an FBI report of a Miami shootout. It detailed the ineptitude and the carnage; the bozos who kept missing, even at point-blank range.
Apparently the whole thing lasted 45 minutes. He was interested by the way that people, highly-trained people, just kept shooting and missing. And also that in cinema, a gun is often just a death-ray, but in real life, depending on where you're shot, you can take anywhere from a few minutes to days to die

9MM.WEBM

ITS A /k/ MEME YOU WONT GET IT :^)

The Way of the Gun (2000)

Sounds like the shootout from In the Line of Duty (1986)

youtube.com/watch?v=04dUCT-qO3c

Underrated

Goddamn that shit is brutal

I'm a novice shooter and it is remarkably hard to hit close moving targets with a pistol.

The FBI had to do an overhaul of their training methods for such situations, after the clusterfuck that was this

POLICE TRAINING IS GARBAGE ANYWAY

ONLY THE MILITARY KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT

Might be the same one Wheatley read the report on

I could be wrong about the Miami shootout, it might be this instead - this lasted for 44 minutes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

>both perpetrators had big fuckoff weapons but managed to kill precisely zero people

Late 90's LA was pretty realistic

>The screams

>dat throwback lions hat

old fag. go back to ytmnd.

Neat.
The Assassination of Jesse James and April 9th are recent examples of people realistically missing their shots constantly. It's more satisfying when you establish shooting is difficult.

>Using `suppressive fire, Brannan systematically, methodically shot Dinkheller in the arms, legs, exposed areas that would not be covered had Dinkheller been wearing a bulletproof vest, slowly executing him. Reloading his weapon Brannan continued firing with the final death shot to Dinkhellers right eye.
Jesus Christ

whats this from?

that shootout was fucking goat

those guys were armored to the fucking teeth. shame about that Achilles foot

>send patriots to some shithole to fight and die
>spit on them when they come back
>expect them to be grateful and courteous when you start fucking their rights even further, one by one

Cop had it coming. Now let's laugh at all the replies to this.

This is the only correct answer so far

youtube.com/watch?v=RzCI7vKAWTo

>tfw you realize after taking 4 shots and screaming for 2 minutes you maybe shoulda shot back

Mount & Blade: Warband

The sequel is coming out soon.

>Police officers were/are hippies and politicians
Really makes u think.

>Break the law
>Expect to get off free because muh service

Yeah, no

(((law)))

Is it weird that I could tell this was a British film just from the cinematography?

I'm a USPSA A-class competition shooter and it isn't any easier for me.

Best portrayal of firearms? Thief.

youtube.com/watch?v=tTcrJdZgyUk

youtube.com/watch?v=pPuAKVnqJdk
youtube.com/watch?v=XM3BsAAO8JI
youtube.com/watch?v=4weEXyoXZKs
youtube.com/watch?v=LqQJOr4Rx5k

This was lame as hell

It's not really the point of the film but check out Alan Clarke's 'Elephant' if you haven't already

Dunno, I could tell just from the architecture before cinematography.

was that a dog or human in his passenger seat?
and was that the cop coughing up blood at the end?

pretty cool video except for the death

>Killing fellow american
>Patriot

i don't think so redditor!

>that final fight
>all those times when the gun is clearly pointing at one of their throats or chests
>they pull the trigger the second their hand has been pulled away

Even teenage me thought that shit was some bullshit fight editing.

This.

A song of feasts and butter

only good pig is a dead pig, he did his country yet another service that day

*it ain't me starts playing*

No one deserved to die, it's just that ptsd is a bitch

>this doughy faggot as the final boss

>Sean Pertwee was just a fake final boss

Saddest part of the movie to be honest. You just know he'd have delivered it better.

Nope.

...he fucking let him go back to his truck and arm up...
he got psyched out by this old killer and it cost him his life.

truly an amazing video, just fucking stunning how fast this goes from

>i'm gonna give this guy a speeding ticket
to
>*screaming painful death*

how has anybody not posted john wick yet?
youtu.be/w-HSoOFdJ3s?t=3m13s

too new and too flashy

the fact that they each seem to carry like 400 magazines for their 1911s is a bit weird

true, but keanu actually had legit training in handling firearms for the movie.

>know you're going into a gunfight
>don't bring all the magazines you can carry

U wot m8?

It'd be neat to have a movie where someone's forced to reload a mag, though. Like, maybe juxtapose it with someone using a revolver or shotgun reloading faster once the mags are out. The only ones I can think of are movies where someone who can't shot is tasked with reloading, but even then most of the time the movie is set in the past with muzzleloaders.

I'd also love it if games took that shit into account, with the choice between a revolver and handgun coming down to inventory space and whether you can find enough magazines to make it worth it.

nigga he been doing that shit since Speed/Point Break(cant remember which came first), he just has more practice

>Sir put the gun down
>Sir put the gun down
>Sir put the gun down
>Sir put the gun down

Man, if you don't have it in you to shoot a guy when he reaches for a gun then you shouldn't be a cop in America.

>actually had legit training in handling firearms

Does anybody else remember that old video of some wannabe-cops doing room-clearing training in the desert in a similar way to that video of Keanu training, except they kept almost blowing eachother's heads off because they didn't know when to move? I've been trying to find it for ages but my googling skill just isn't good enough. These were people paying to be trained and shit and the video was meant to be a commercial for it I think, and they were incredibly worse at shooting than Keanu.

I think it was the same people who had a bunch of videos where they showed off their training that involved walking around on beams in a garage or some shit.

FAWK YEAH, HE SHOULD PROBABLY LIVE IN ENGLAND OR SUMTHIN

ironically he had recently been reprimanded for being too quick to pull his gun, probably part of the reason he hesitated here

They executed this faggot recently.

>watched this for first time years ago
>scarred me since and i still think about it sometimes

worst thing ive ever seen on the internet

Press F to pay respects.

F

>Nigga just straightup charging in
This is some call of duty shit right here, fucking fearless

Running and shooting is a waste of ammo. You ain't gonna hit shit

He was 22 years old. Same age as me.
Fucking terrifying way to die.

F

Strike Back

Why don't you look at that, someone did play him in his inevitable biopic.

vimeo.com/90068717

I think the idea is to suppress the enemy while advancing to a better position, also he is a trained elite soldier fighting untrained gangbangers so he knows they will be unorganized and will react to suppressive fire with chaos and wasted shots that expose them

It sure is amazing how well white men get treated by police on America.

A black dude would have gotten his head own off the minute he got within ten feet of that cop without his permission.

>If a black guy had done this Sup Forums would be screaming NIGGER right now
Everyone's crazy. Everyone can get crazy if they go through some shit.

fucking beatiful

a nigger usually has it coming

When I was 22 years old I was in USMC TBS, basically a school for Marine lieutenants. They put on these cop scenarios on the projector screen and gave us this fake gun that shoots blanks to see how we react (for MP training). In my video, there was a scene where a man and a woman exit a car and then man starts to act hostile so my on screen partner beats him with a nightstick. Then a woman gets upset and begins to reach for something in her purse. I unloaded the entire mag into that bitch in 2 seconds flat. I dont give a fuck. I'd rather get demoted than risk getting shot. Pretty sure I would have reacted the same way IRL. Like Animal Mother said "better you than me"

>It'd be neat to have a movie where someone's forced to reload a mag, though

When would that ever really happen outside of a siege like setting? That's why you see it in old west films where the women reload the repeater rifles but that's about it. It's not like a random bank robber carries 5 mags and then a pocket full of loose rounds too just in case.

but lets be honest here, it would be boring as hell to see in a film
>pew pew pew pew
>pew pew pew
>slowly remove magazine
>reach into your supply of pocket bullets
>drop a few on the ground
>slowly load in 12-15 rounds

why do that in a film? If you want a tension filled reload scene like in say Dusk til Dawn you just have them use a huge revolver and fumble for rounds.

I was once at a gun club that had a similar scenario-training system that I got to try.
>The drunk native in an alley trying to open a random door who mumbles at you and then suddenly pulls a gun from his coat
>Random chick you've just pulled over acting normal then pulls a .22 out of her purse
It seems hilariously retarded when you're doing it, but most shootings do happen under those type of circumstances.
Same though, I just magdumped the minute they quickly reach for something. Any reasonable person would conclude they might be going for a weapon.

it's not in the movie tho

I was mostly thinking of how it should have come up in one of the countless zombie movies/TWD, so basically in the siege setting. But yeah, it's easier to just do it with a revolver and fumbling for rounds. I just wish we'd get movies where people don't have infinite magazines in situations where it makes no sense.

Dude in the early version they totally kept the scene in! It was only in later editions that they edited it! My friend totally saw the original in the cinema!

I've come across multiple people who genuinely believe the scene is still in the movie.

they went so far as to burn the footage after the cops were done with it so no one could ever view it. pretty respectful desu

Same thing with Steve Irwin footage and that of Osama bin laden

If I was in that situation I'm not sure if I could bring myself to destroy it without making a copy.

I'd never release it to the public or anything sleazy like that, I'd probably never even view it, but I'd have a hard time not to preserve it. Like, maybe I'd pass it down in the family and then in two or three generations when it's considered history they could release it and it'd be like finding a recording of Lincoln's assassination or the JFK tape or something. A recording of history.

Every recording is a recording of history

Nah, there's nothing historical about some actor shooting a gun like a thousand other actors have done in a thousand other movies. It's not genuine and it's got no historical value.

But an actor dying and having it recorded? That's history.

I believe that user was implying it was all a ruse. there's photos, they just didn't want to piss off Al Qaeda by releasing them

I wasn't even thinking about Bin Laden. I just meant the Irwin and Crow tapes.