>4k Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards, and Marvel/Netflix capeshit show
nah I'm good

Who writes this bullshit?

Fucks sake, post it in Sup Forums

>buy the new intel cpu goy
>dont forget to upgrade to windows 10!
>you want that 4k streaming right?

Uh, it doesn't work like that

Video having a new resolution doesn't mean it has new encoding. Or anything other than more pixels. And encoding isn't specific to hardware. And even if it were you can just write a driver.

Whatever semblance of logic the article is getting at isn't applicable. Don't worry boys

let me just repost this from the exact same thread on Sup Forums right now

4K media (Netflix streams, blurays, etc) use a new form of AACS encryption which stores the decryption key inside the management engine of the CPU. This management engine is both encryptred itself and completely inaccessible to the user.

The reason they did this is because the standard Bluray AACS got cracked incredibly fast due to storing the AACS decryption key in memory, which was easily accessed by the user and their DRM died instantly.

This is why 4K Blurays still haven't been cracked, you can't get at the AACS key on any existing hardware, it's out of reach until something (probably a set top bluray player) ends up having a security flaw that someone can exploit.

keep your pseudo-intellectual technological misunderstandings to yourself you fucking dweeb, do you even know what a Kaby Lake is? Let's just say it isn't a body of water lmao

So they're trying to trying to create a new encoding specific to the Kaby Lake CPU

That won't fly. I can't tell you how quickly Netflix's stocks will tank or have the decision repealed

Wow, you feel so strongly one would think you'd have an argument of some kind

if anything their stocks will rise since they'll be the only source of 4K streaming for a good while until it's cracked

4k is a meme

720p was already more than enough

why dont you have a 720p monitor then?

I do I use a 720p TV as a monitor

4K blurays don't need to be cracked cause HDMI is cracked. the IME is an awful idea, holy fuck this gonna get bad.

nice

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Of course you can intercept the output somewhere down the line but I'm almost certain it would have to be reencoded and will lose a lot of quality

Nah, that's not how it works.

hdmi 1.0 is cracked. not later versions

You have no idea how the internet reacts to these things

They have an autistic episode over anything remotely resembling restriction of hardware or a company restricting the freedom of its users. Even if it's DRM so people can't pirate their games.

Somebody's probably made a Change.org petition since this thread was made

There's cracks which can be distributed like 1.0 and cracks which would immediately be DMCA'd because of the methods used to get into it.

Idiot. Jewtel made a deal and put hard DRM in baby lake so Netflix 4k will only work on those. Nothing special is done by the CPU any older CPU can do, its just a DRM check

>Edge

This, every time a DRM can't be cracked, every ruskie poorfag starts lying how it ruined their computer and the only reason they don't want to buy is because it has Denuvo, but if it didn't then pinky swear scout honor they would pay full price day 1

That being said OP is fucking horseshit, and people have a genuine excuse to get mad

not him, but can you explain why? I presume there's no extra compression done or anything. But if you capture raw output meant for the TV would you not have to enocde that back into a regular .mkv or whatever again? Why would hackers even care about breaking AACS if they can just capture streams and strip encryption with those HDMI attachments?

Ajit Pai will cuck Netflix anyway once the ISPs did what they wanted to do for years and legally throttle Netflix's bandwidth to kill competition.

Would this be considered anti-competitive behavior if it's exclusive to intel?

I hope this bait actually gets you replies.

AACS was MUCH easier to break than HDMI. You have raw video at the HDMI rate, which is all you'll get off a bluray disc itself too. Lossless(?) compression on disc is the same as raw over the wire. You can then YIFY it all to hell if you want, but it isn't necessary.

They make up majority it's cool. Also nothing stopping you from buying a 4k player for $500 so it's totes fair

So I'll just keep pirating it and enjoy 4k on any OS/device, piracy = the consumer's choice.

I find great amusement reading the salt surrounding non-intrusive things like denuvo. The justifications pirates come up with are just staggering. I pirate everything aside from videogames but I don't try and delude myself into thinking piracy is any way acceptable. "Noble" pirates are even worse, those who claim to pirate and later buy if they approve of the product. As if this somehow justifies stealing and using a product they won't pay for. Nevermind the braindead idiots who insist piracy isn't stealing.

Firefox can't even stream 1080p, it's honestly the one thing M$'s browser does better

So now that HDMi is broken why is there even a push to break the CPU based encryption at all?

A botnet made of botnets.
What the fuck is happening to us?

Cause it's netflix, they like introducing hard blocks with or without DRM. Also higher rate HDMI cracks aren't public yet.

are they implying that you need a certain type of computer to play 4k videos?

i can watch 4k perfectly fine: youtube.com/watch?v=A38YpzB2cfI

and i'm on a shitty amd fx-8350

Because they are the same autists who think you can eyeball the difference in the image quality of a YIFY rip

(Spoiler alert, it has worse sound that's why it's small)

do they think we're that stupid? you don't need newest goyim botnet shitfuck processor to stream 4k..

u can watch 4k video on 2001 processor.

intel are out of control. also netflix is shit

no, just 4k video that is encrypted, like netflix streams.

>thinks you can't tell the difference between a high quality rip and YIFY

I'm by no means an expert, I can definitely not tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC even with my expensive amp and headphones setup. But YIFY is visually obvious. 600mb dvd rips, blu ray rips that are 1-2 gig. it's fine watching ona laptop or windowed on your computer, but painful to watch on an actual bigscreen TV.

yes they're greedy and retarded cucks. they already tried encrypting streams but any half brained retard can still cap with overlay.

4k won't change anything. intel is just being huge cucks

You mean like how Microsoft's stocks have tanked since Spyware 10?

Oh wait.

without looking into it at all I would bet my nuts the MPAA is heavily involved in pushing this through and we all know what they've been like over the years trying to protect their shekels.

interestingly I don't think it's the spyware that is putting MS in jeopardy. It's the forced updates and taking control away from the user. So many people have stories of working on projects only to have the computer start doing some MS bullshit and delete everything, or reboot without saving or whatever. Commercial/enterprise is massively more profitable and if MS keeps pissing these markets off they are going to find stable alternatives. MS is too big and ingrained to fall quickly, but they are certainly doing what they can to erode faith in their brand.

I'm pretty sure they aren't doing too well, yeah. The might not be going down but they certainly aren't getting any more advantageous.

The scales are finally falling from the eyes of the public, though. THIS is what it took, but people are finally beginning to detest Microsoft

It's stealing from greedy corporations. The same corporations Sup Forums calls jewish and brainwashing us. But I think it is intrinsic to capitalism, money and power flows to those who have money and power. The only way to fight back is for everyone to say "I don't care about your rules, or any government rules that you have lobbied for against the interest of our people".

I'll gladly steal every last dollar from mark cuckerberg for what he's done to our society, that is why I insult people on facebook on several fake accounts to lower their real userbase and ad revenue. Advertisements are a legal form of brainwashing, the value of imprinting coca cola imagery and colours in your head is greater than what you'd pay for in a non-advertisment run service.

it's not for the streaming itself but for the DRM. HDCP is only supported by kabylake.

another case where the industry makes it so hard to legally watch content that you're pretty much forced to pirate.

>implying you even had the money to buy that entertainment in the first place
Kind of undermines your "protest", no?

very edgy, very cool

me personally, I love this post

>Kaby Lake CPU

wtf, why?

It wouldn't desu, it would just strengthen my points that the corporations are stealing a lot of value from the everyday people, more than their "hard work" makes them deserve.

Also I'm upper class or atleast upper middle class.

Oh so you're a retarded spoiled middle class brat larping as a commie to piss off their parents rather then a poorfag post-rationalizing their decision to steal things, sorry I was mistaken.

Go tip over a bin faggot, that'll really show the capitalists.

Firefox streams 1080 on Amazon and Youtube. It's only Netflix that limits it.

I'm not a communist, I'm not an anarchist, I'm not a libertarian.
I'm a free thinker and I believe in democracy.

Most garbage bins in my country are set up by the communes, so that's a really poor example.

>I'm not a communist, I'm not an anarchist
Could've fooled me.

>I'm a free thinker and I believe in democracy.
So you're a retarded special snowflake who refuses to accept any conventionally recognized political term to describe them because it would detract from your obvious uniqueness. Pathetic.

>Most garbage bins in my country are set up by the communes
Shit what country are you talking about, now I'm intrigued. Also you gotta admit antifa's obsession with fighting the oppression of proper sanitation is fucking hilarious, how could I not bring it up?

is that the That 70s show chick? who is ?

I fucking love DRM.

>paying for media

how do PC's play games @ 4k but have trouble streaming 4k on netflix?

>wanting to watch Netflix Originals in 4k

Sweden, although I just said communes to be dramatic, they're called that but they're more like districts.

My political beliefs are pretty strong, and all the common labels contradict something I believe. I'll speak out against opinions I disagree with no matter who says it, im not subservient to any doctrine.
I think free thinker describes me pretty well.

Its not trouble, it's locks.

naw i'll just download their shitty shows in 720p for free and watch on my pc from 2008

I can keep on living without watching all these feminist diatribe.They have been doing their best to appease those rabid misandrists.Most inimical to traditional family values.

It's DRM not a limitation on CPU power.

t.hanks incel

Why is Kaby Lake botnet?

yep it is. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP FAGS

This is why I just stream anime.
(((American television))) is complete and utter trash.

Don't forget britcuck television where they push diversity and SJW bullshit harder than anywhere else.

I'd fucking kill myself if watching TV was only past time.

Mostly because of built-in DRM to support such things, as it's artificial limitation than hardware one (i.e. you have same hardware decoder in skylake, but to improve profits they need to sell you kabylake if you want to watch Netflix in 4k on a pc).

Because you can literally use it for DRM and other botnet purposes.

>As with previous Intel processors (such as the 8088, Banias, Dothan, Conroe, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Skylake), Kaby Lake's development was led by Intel's Israeli team, based out of Haifa.
Post your reactions, lads.

fuck I hate this show but will still watch it because I love Donna as a redhead but even more with black hair and glasses, God daim

I respect the work of crackers/hackers so much. Too bad I can't contribute in their fight against proprietary censorship.

What can they do when they're literally confined to the design of their corporate overlords? Eventually, they'll come up with something impenetrable as they have the means and unlimited options to do so.

>Why is Kaby Lake botnet?
every single new processor is a literal botnet built with backdoors up the ass. even the amd chips, all of the ARM chips are just $400 rootkits you are putting into your pc (and phone).

enjoy your future where all of your actions are monitored and even your dreams are influenced by electromagnetic mind control.

Wtf I hate Netflix now

>now

get a 4k tv, dont be a fucking nerd watching shit on your pc

For real fuck 4K. The hardware manufacturers forced this shit on us because Video Games couldn't get any prettier, now they want us to buy $400 GPUs for what 50 percent more pixels when the video is already crystal clear.

>4k streaming
>can barely handle """HD""" streaming

This. I have a 65" 4k TV and I can't tell the difference between 720p, 1080p and 2160p unless I get up real close. 4k is just the new emperor's clothes after 3D died.

>people will just capture from HDMI.
how dumb are these niggers?

>and I can't tell the difference between 720p, 1080p and 2160p

You're an absolute mong

I doubt it's true 4K. The feed is probably bitrate starved to make it streamable.

Get you're eyes checked. Or are you one of these people who sit far away from their tv like this? Personally for me the TV has to cover around 50% of my field of view. I don't get how people can enjoy watching a movie from like the other side of the room.

i'm gay for alex vause

I bet you do this and squint to see detail like a complete moron. Do you think this shit is worth it especially in all those shaky cam and quick cuts movies? Fucking idiot.

Even so the jump from 720p to 1080p should be noticable yet they look the same. And I'm talking 13GB against 8GB scene rips.

My eyes are ~3m from my TV and I wear glasses

>yet they look the same
they don't, if you have the rips at hand, put 720p in full screen and take a screenshot, same with 1080p, 1080p should be a bit sharper

From the distance I am sitting and watching it looks the same.

Well, 3m is kinda a lot. If you were to go to a cinema, the entire screen would cover your field of view. That's how movies are meant to be viewed.

Also, I very much doubt it'd be possible to stream detailed 4K content. The good rips for 1080p content are already around 20GB when streamed content has laughable quality in comparison and that's again 1080p we're talking about let alone 4k.

>But I think it is intrinsic to capitalism, money and power flows to those who have money and power.

>patents and copyright law
>capitalism

lol no

>Firefox can't even stream 1080p

Why do people give a shit about this?

Just don't use their services.

I don't think you understand what botnet means, it would need to form a network with other Kaby Lakes to do some shit for it to be called a botnet. Having DRM has nothing to do with a botnet.

Proofs?

see OP or just have looked into IME in the past decade.

Holy fuck, just lurk more, you fucking newfag.