What would Sup Forums have been into in the 1990s?

What would Sup Forums have been into in the 1990s?

Movies? Shows? Actors/actresses? Waifus?

What would there contrarian stance have been - would they have liked Tarantino, or Fight Club, or been against them?

*their

It would be nonstop shitting on pulp fiction, and saying how reservoir dogs was better.

I watched The Firm and American Psycho last night. Both comfy as fuck.

Need some 90's recs guys. Bumppp

starwars

Yeah, I suppose there would be a sizable crowd who would continue to insist Tarantino is genius, and then also a large backlash saying he's an empty meme director.

Think of it... Star Wars hadn't been ruined yet in the 90s. It was still regarded with love and awe, I mean this period predated even the Prequels...

...And we actually dreamed back then of new Star Wars films someday being made, but never actually expected it, let alone how bad they might be.

Genius? Hell no.

Makes good movies? Damn right he does motherfucker.

Yeah I'd say he's obviously a gifted motherfucker. Not my thing really but I'm not going to deny what he has going for himself.

>Movies
Se7en
Titanic
The Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction
>Shows
Twin Peaks
Profit
The X-Files
Millennium
Oz
Buffy
>Actresses/waifus
Winona Ryder
Jennifer Connelly
Keri Russell

Oh also Angelina Jolie + Hackers

Imagine the Seinfeld memes. It would be incredible. When it's on season it would be non stop shitposting every week, and it would give the board enough material to keep it going all year.

Yeah, there definitely would have been a fervent Winona Ryder cult here.

I look forward to his movies because you always know they'll be a blast.

But as a person he's a horrible miserable cunt.

I think I'll give Kill Bill 3 a miss, too.

Yeah, also we're forgetting The Simpsons, which was totally solid throughout the 90s.

It would have had godlike status here.

Can you imagine the 90's?

>Dude in the George Lucas interview on the tape they talk about making a prequel trilogy
>You mean like it would be before the original? Like actually showing the young Anakin Skywalker and his fall to the dark side?
>Yeah dude I'm fucking stoked I can't wait to see that epic story with today's special effects it's going to be the shit dude
>Finally see TPM, you're the most hyped you'll ever be in your life for a movie
>Despite everything, you force yourself to believe it's the greatest shit you've ever seen
>It isn't until the prequel trilogy is finally complete that the hype wears off and the denial goes away and you realize it was pretty shitty

Imagine the mental roller coaster Star Wars fans went through from 1997-2007

Michelle Pfieffer would be a prominent waifu as well for her work in Batman Returns. Also probably Nicole Kidman for Batman Forever. Also Uma Thurman for Batman and Robin.

I was young around that time. That is exactly how it went down. And yeah, totally, most of us were in such visceral awe that we were actually watching new Star Wars movies that somehow it came across that we were maybe seeing good movies. The badness somehow didn't register for a while, because it was just such an intense experience to even get to finally see them after so much anticipation. And we weren't burnt out yet by all the endless capeshit and remakes and reboots that were to come.

(sameposter)

Also, Star Wars really had a very powerful, mythical importance with kids who grew up with it in the 80s. We never even dreamed it would become what it did. It was just this beautiful, wonderful, awesome thing and George Lucas was a hero.

I even felt like that again when TFA came out. It took me almost a year to finally realize it was shit. I saw it 6 times in the theater too, and I'm sad to say it will probably happen again when I see episode VIII too.

>the hot wife in every 90's movie

Jurassic Park
The Big Lebowski
Terminator 2
Groundhog Day
Trainspotting
Chungking Express
Before Sunset
Heat
The Truman Show

My So Called Life
Goosebumps
Dawson's Creek
90210 would have been memed ironically

there probably would have been a lot of Family Matters / Urkel / Carl Winslow posting.

probably a lot of Full House and Home Improvement memes too, because of the cheesy wholesomeness.

Probably lots of Home Alone memes.

And Mrs. Doubtfire memes.

And Michael Jordan making a smugface.

Gadget would have been huge on Sup Forums.

Marv posting probably would have been huge

Why did Marv turn into a skeleton?

I'm trying to imagine if Sup Forums would have liked Adam Sandler or been contrarian.

We backlash against him now but back then teenagers were really into him. He was kind of like a shitposter.

haha yeah

There'd have to be stickies every week for Seinfeld

Pic related

oh man. Walker Texas Ranger would have been Sup Forums's absolute favorite. endless memes.