Since the launch of TLOU, there hasn't been one movie that managed to create such a strong narrative...

Since the launch of TLOU, there hasn't been one movie that managed to create such a strong narrative, character development, immersion and relationship between two characters who initially don't know eachother.

Step it up Hollywood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCGNGWUQEwk
youtube.com/watch?v=nGQM0yzg2Jk
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/65O2ttgGVMI_mqQFHYwTmw/
youtube.com/watch?v=V29RMhOoNQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're waiting for someone to say Logan, right?

OP you fucking retard

Lads please, we all know Logan is literally a poor man's TLOU at best. You can't achieve in two hours the absolute kino relationship arch Joel and Ellie built in about 10 hours.

Raises the question though: are films becoming obsolete when video games do stories better and create a more immersive experience through gameplay?

>Raises the question though: my brainlet opinion in loaded question form

Game writing and storytelling have actually regressed over the past ten years, not advanced. Fucking Silent Hill 2 was still the most kino game ever and that was released sixteen years ago.

A 2hrs movie is never going to have the same character development and relationship building as an 8hr game

Joel didn't sacrifice himself for the one he loved most, successfully redeeming himself in the process. Instead, he doomed humanity for a girl he had no familial relation to. Joel was cunnywhipped.

>cunnywhipped
funny and true

Spec Ops: The Line was pretty kino though.

Joel doesn't ever wanted redemption.

>Joel doesn't ever wanted redemption.
Which makes him more one dimensional than Hughverine.

>muh redemption arc

>doomed humanity

There was a firefly memo that said they had performed multiple operations on people just like ellie. All failed. It wouldn't have been any different with her

How the fuck do people just glaze right over this

OUT OUT OUT

8 of those 10 hours are spent choking humans and plant-humans.

>Logan was in the company of his biological daughter for over a week
>Literally only grew to care about her the night before he died
Nice arch senpai.

What the fuck are they even gonna do in Canada? Who is giving them shelter and why and how?

A week is long enough to realize what you've been missing out on. His final words confirmed that she gave him meaning and completed him. He was only keeping his distance because he didn't want her to get hurt because of him. He said as much himself.

You can't find this level of kinography in a video game.

that game was boring and repetitive. I lost count of how many puzzles were literally just move this pallet to this other place. The story was redditbait.

they had 17 years and 7 full movies to build up the wolverine character though

Meant for

> What the fuck are they even gonna do in Canada? Who is giving them shelter and why and how?

The Canadian government.

Did you not pay attention to the movie? They were granted asylum and protection. That's why they bad guys had to get them back before they reached the border, after that it would be an international incident.

If we add all of Wolverine's relevant footage from the 9 movies together we'd probably get around 10 hours like TLOU. Seems fair to me :)

Yeah because Joel wasn't doing the exact same thing in the beginning.
youtube.com/watch?v=SCGNGWUQEwk

This right here is true kino senpai

about 5 of those hours are rehashes of his origin story told slightly differently

>strong narrative

It's pretty standard.

When capeshit immitates kino

story is pretty standard, but the way it's told is kino

>road movie with 2 characters learning to know each other

In the movie medium it's a shitty old trope.
In the gaming medium it's the best thing ever made.
Let that sink in for one second...

why are Sup Forums kids such plebs?

midnight run - best road movie with 2 characters getting to know each other

This is actually the only thing that makes me tear everytime I watch it. Kino as fuck.

>Sup Forums getting cucked out of their own medium

kek

I did pay attention, but Trident is pretty fucking committed to the idea of ensuring those kids are put down. Wouldn't them safely making it to Canada literally cause a global stink?

Logan avoided the tropiness of the trope with the intermittent stops and exposition.

Most overrated game on the planet. Once the credits started I said "that's it?" Where the fuck is this incredible emotionally gripping story everyone keeps raving about?

Same here. Neither of them gets a scratch and all is fine and dandy.

Who did you say "Thats it?" to?

Myself obviously.

>Talking to yourself
You absolute turbo autist. You fucking piece of schyzo shit.

It's the typical modern big budget AAA. Key people are scriptwritters like Amy Hennig and voice actors. Game designers are code monkeys and aren't allowed to try anything because the budget it too high to take any risk. They even have a special team from Hollywood to make the cinematics. They're the most unrisky stuff of the entire industry.

>Sonyggers infesting Sup Forums

This explains so much.

in the 12 year old's mind this was a clever response. go back to Sup Forums or reddit and stay there

Shut the fuck up. Now who's ready for the EMOJI MOVIE?!

This whole thread smells on entry level cp-tards.
FEDS,OVER ERE,THERE BE DRAGONS ERE!!!
THEM LIEK SMALL GRILLS AND THINK THEY AREALPHA 40SOMETHING MALES!!!
VANS,SURROUND THIS THREAD.

TLOU has nothing on halo reach in terms of stroy telling and emotional moments

bait

I don't have a PS3 and I hate gaming. Is watching the gameplay on youtube worth it?

Yeah just watch youtube.com/watch?v=nGQM0yzg2Jk

it has the best sound effect when you bash someone's head against a hard object, it's very satisfying

Boring, linear, overrated, cliched piece of shit enjoyed by Redditors. Dark Souls is storytelling in video games done right.

I know this is bait, but still.

He's not wrong except the fact he's outed himself as a huge retard for claiming linear is bad

I think you have autism.

>boring, linear, overrated, enjoyed by redditors
muh sekrit klub :^)

>Sup Forums in charge of talking about anything
with artistic merit
reminder video games arent art and never will be. theyre no better than playing chutes and ladders

Sometimes I wish this game wasn't so popular and wasn't so admired, that way Sup Forumsedditors wouldn't deliberately hate it just to be contrarian.

you triggered a bunch of redditors with this post, well done

>Joel didn't sacrifice himself for the one he loved most, successfully redeeming himself in the process.
True
>Instead, he doomed humanity
False. Humanity was doomed already. Ellie wasn't the first. The fireflies had failed more than once before and the subjects died each time.

I ALREADY SAID THAT IN THE THREAD BEFORE

ASSWHOLE!!!!!!

I can't take videogames seriously since only kids and numales play them

On mobile. Didn't read the other replies since it's a pain.

its about dialogues moron

>8 of those hours are spent choking humans and plant-humans
>plant-humans

Nigga I'm crying

i love TLOU but Sup Forums get the fuck off this board

This is coming from someone who probably only watches capeshit and star wars

It's probably the highest budget and most mainstream videogame of all time. People thinking they have a special unique personal relationship with this game are complete moron. It was made to be liked by everyone. It's a fucking awards bait.

Is it on level with bashing monsters with leg as Isaac Clarke in Dead Space (also kino level vidya ruined by EA, honestly, if devs had free hands that game could be considered cult classic SciFi horror on par with The Thing,Aliens etc)

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/65O2ttgGVMI_mqQFHYwTmw/
OBSESSED

no

>neither of them gets a scratch
youtube.com/watch?v=V29RMhOoNQ8

>the most unrisky
you misspelled professional

>le only hated because popular

TLoU is easily one of the most overrated pieces of shit that Sony has ever made, probably more-so than God of War.

It does absolutely NOTHING new or extraordinary. The Story, Characters, Narrative, basically everything in the game is not unique in any fashion and i'm pretty sure it's only praised for being an exclusive movie-tier game like Uncharted.

You can stop pretending to be retarded now.

T. PS3 owner.

This gets wiped away as anything important when Ellie somehow fully heals him on her own in a couple weeks somehow.

The wound doesn't change anything for the narrative or the character progression, it just happened to be an "epic" scene where the main character gets hurt.