"What is it?"

>"What is it?"
>"Hope"
...are you kidding me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KsuvXHGCVXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cgi Carrie found her coke stash

How much more material from the first three films do you think they'll dredge up in the next few years after the Death Star plans and Han Solo's backstory?

I got a little teary eyed at that ending, especially since Carrie died just two days before I saw the movie.

>tfw Carrie's mother literally died of a broken heart

The young tales of Luke's Aunt?

Remember Disney only cares about female characters

cgi from rogue one killed carrie fisher

I literally walked out of the theatre after that

Oh fuck off this wasnt emotional at all. The CGI was shit here

>tfw Carrie's mother literally died of a broken heart caused by ingesting literal mountains of coke*

Fixed

it's really hard to discern exactly what's missing or wrong about this CGI.

something I think to do with lacking convincing life. like it looks like it is empty behind the eyes, despite the expression and glint.

Do you guys think Dinsey will make a bunch of CGI scenes and claim it was old Carrie Fisher footage?

>CGI
Wait, what? That's not a real person?

>he thinks that carrie cgi was bad
>having seen tarkin cgi

>the CGI was shit
Bullshit. Tarkin and her are the best CGI faces in kinodom. With Tarkin people didn't even realize it was CGI except Star Wars nerds.

Left the theater when that happened. Fuck that shit

uncanny valley

>With Tarkin people didn't even realize it was CGI
baiting this hard

You do realize it'll be extremely easy to tell what's CGI and what's not, right?

It was really her. They had unused footage from the original movie that they just copy and pasted her into this one

No, that's not what the uncanny valley is, ya dingus. An uncanny valley cannot be mistaken for a human being. It's downright monstrous. Simply knowing that a face was done in CGI does mean it is within the uncanny valley.

>"What is it?"
>"It's Star Wars: A New Hope"

jfc. really Disney? really?
walked out of the theatre right there and then

I'm sorry you don't have any friends outside of the internet to talk to? Everyone I talked to about the movie who wasn't a huge fan of Star Wars and thus didn't know Tarkin was from the original movies didn't realize it was CGI.

yeah but why does it have that effect? something is missing.

I think it's, as I said, that its 'life' is unconvincing, which I think is to do with the portrayal of consciousness in her face. it's too one-note. there's no nuance or humanness, it's just this really simple, stupid 'positive!" "hope!" expression without any psychological overtones or undercurrents. those nuances add to humanness, or even the realness of other things too. the little jagged imperfections and weird details that makes something itself.

>In aesthetics, the uncanny valley is the hypothesis that human replicas which appear almost, but not exactly, like real human beings elicit feelings of eeriness and revulsion among some observers.

Niggro are you for real? It looked alright when he was still, but when he was moving it looked like a character from a video game.

>revulsion
I rest my case.

If your friends are so absolutely brain dead that you can't tell a cgi projection compared to a human being then you hang out with complete losers, and you yourself are probably one. I mean really what kind of degenerate minimum wage uneducated retard can't actually discern real human beings from cgi? Seriously one of the biggest complaints of rouge one aside from the film being shit is the cgi is jarring, even nor more thought it was shit. If you think it's even close to a real human being wrap your mouth around a gun and pull the trigger.

No, it idn't, you PSfaggot. I'm not buying your shitty console. Horizon Zero Dawn doesn't hold a single fucking candle relative to the pores on Tarkin's face.

Im also sorry that you have retarded friends with visual impediments. I also hate SW franchise but I loved RogueOne. They only thing that almost killed it for me was rubber Turkin, which was despicable

What are your hopes for the Han Solo story?

I hope that it opens with Han flying and then he shoots down 700 TIE fighters and makes a quip then flies to Tatooine and makes a quip then kills 5000 stormtroopers and quips then meets BOBA FETT IN NEW ARmor (I hope it's a new action figure) and they exchange quips then Han runs from BOBA FETT and meets a BIG WOOKIEE (IT'S ACTUALLY CHEWBACCA!!!!) and then Boba runs and then Han quips and then Chewie quips and Han is like "I understand you!" and they quip then they get in the falcon then Han blows up eighty star destroyers and quips then they go to Bespin and make a quip and Han meets a STRONG POC i('ts LANDO1) and they quip but then BOBA APPEARS WITH FIVE MILLIONS STORMTROOPERS and the DEATH STAR prorotype is there but Han blows them all up and quips then Lando cahses off Boba and quips then Chewie kills EIGHTY FOUR QUNTILLION STORMTROOPERAS and quips then they say "Let's go home" and quip then they fly to Tatooine and go inside a cantina THEN QWE SEE CGI GREEDO NEARBY DUN DUN DUN and then we cut to CGI Ben Kenobi and CGI Luke and CGI R2 and CGI C3P0 and Han says "Well, this is gonna be good" and then Chewie quips and then the movie ends with FOUR BILLION STAR DSTROYERA blowing up and heroic music plays and CGI Vader watches and quips and then the credits roll.

That's an actual quote from one of the lead writers for Disney's Star Wars films.

Has anyone made a webm of this scene yet? I remember her pulling this strange wince during it that made no sense.

Also yeah, the writing is cheesy garbage. Every line from this movie felt like it was written to appear in a trailer, but didn't fit the context of the actual scene.

>t-there braindead if they don't agree with me!
wew

Hindsight is 20/20, dude, and you went into the movie knowing who was CGI. So fuck off. Droves of people walked out of that theatre not even realizing they witnessed the best CGI faces ever put to silver screen. You simply being able to tell that it was CGI when you were looking for it is the most ridiculous criteria I've ever heard of for CGI being bad.

I don't like it now because you do

>Tarkin

jfc Tarking looked creepy af bro.

The plans of the Death Star. The rebels' cause is not yet lost. There's still hope. 4th (New Hope) episode starts to roll.

>the people criticize TFA for "I bypassed the compressor" will defend this
This board is complete garbage

That was my goal. All mine

the shitty tarkin CGI took me out the movie as soon as i saw him. looked liek a fucking PS3 character.

Again you are retarded considering people who watched it purely because they have a transient inkling to pop culture watched it and knew it was cgi. No one is fooled by it and if you think it even looked remotely like a human being then you are a degenerate uneducated shitskin who doesn't deserve to breathe.

Kill yourself darkie.

I hope the millenial falco is in it.

>"What is it?"
>"The Last Jedi"
>"In 3D?"
Weirdest self-promotion in a movie O've seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=KsuvXHGCVXE

Watch again and tell me that CGI human doesn't look uncanny.

>reads one word

You're a lost cause

>Again you are r-retarded
double wew

>apparent rant about "pop culture' and star wars """fans""" out of the blue
triple wew

>YOU ARE A DEGENERATE UNEDUCATED SHITSKIN WHO DOESN'T DESERVE TO BREATHE FOR NOT BEING A """STAR WARS FAN""" WITH ONLY """STARS WARS FAN""" FRIENDS WHO KNEW WHO WAS CGI GOING IN AND WHO PICKED OVER EVERY SCENE WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB AND WHEN THEY DISCOVERED DECENT CGI THEY IMMEDIATELY HATED IT BECAUSE CGI IS THE DEVIL!!!!
So many wews I sound like an ambulance.

looks better the more it's covered in shadow

>not juxtaposed to hide how shitty it looks

They got what was cummin' to them.

That's not what the uncanny valley means. Uncanny valley is literally monstrous. The idea that because you can recognize something is CGI it is within the uncanny valley is the second most retarded thing I've heard all day.

I fucking hate Star Wars, I'm just pointing out who fucking asinine you actually sound considering that people who don't even watch the movies could tell it was cgi. That's all anyone ever talked about for months when the film came out, how shy tarkin and Leia looked.

Again if you or your friends watched the movie and thought hat tarkin was a real human being even when he stood next to real actors then you are severly mentally handicapped and should probably really kill yourself.

I mean if your reading comprehension is awful shitskin.

I'm not talking about any fucking valleys, I just used the word uncanny you dumb sperg faggot.

>people who don't watch movies
What the fuck does that even mean? Do you mean """watches movies""" as in some chauvanistic bullshit about how if someone doesn't watch as many movies as you they don't actually """watch movies"""?

>That's all anyone ever talked about for months when the film came out, how shy tarkin and Leia looked.
Yeah, on your fucking subbeddit with a bunch of other Star Wars fans who think that CGI is evil and that it is necessarily bad if they can find it when looking for it.

>Y-YOU'RE RETARDED SHITSKIN!
Fucking hell, kid. You just keep going with this childish nonargument. Goddam. You sound like this is your first time here and trying to so hard to fit in that you are simultaneously trying to sound like a movie critic and Sup Forums at the same time.

Fair enough. Perhaps I mistook you for somebody else. Move along.

Kek are you stupid? Reading comprehension shitskin, learn it.

People who don't watch the Star Wars films religiously could tell that it was fake. Everyone thought it was fake, you and your retarded third world friends are in an extreme uneducated minority of people who actually can't tell cgi from real human beings apart.

Seriously wrap your mouth on a barrel of a gun and pull the trigger. Your gene pool is garbage.

I'm back. Ok, lets argue again. Lmao you're a faggot

Wait, she said hope?
I thought she said "coke" and I thought it was a little soon to make that joke in the movie since she died just the day before.

Origin story of R5D4 leading up to him sacrificing himself so Artoo & Threepio are both bought by Owen Labs.

Your post quality is so low you must be a redditor on vacation. Nobody shits this out onto a website and thinks it is worth reading.

This. My gf watched the movie with me and she just told me at the end "That old guy had some weird makeup", otherwise she didnt know he and Leia were cgi.

*Lars

Actually that was my attempt to politely see myself out using a Star Wars reference.

When they were walking through the town and they bumped into the ass-chinned alien and the pig-faced guy who threaten Luke in A New Hope that was the only moment I felt embarrassed. The shot just held on them for too long.

I could almost feel a studio executive hovering behind me, waiting for me to look at him so he could raise his eyebrows and say "Recognise anybody in this shot?"

Finally your tiny shitskin brain understands what I'm saying and then you cop out with a non argument. No amount of crying or historical revision will ever fit your embarrassing argument so again, wrap your mouth on a gun and pull the trigger.

Not that guy but lmao you're a faggot

Normies. My gf thought something was off but had no idea what it was.

Shit was canny as fuck anyway.

It's not a cop out, it's me constantly calling out your nonarguments and your horrendous post quality and you response doubling down on your shittiness. If you don't respect your own posts then I have no reason to keep biting your bait. Now fuck off back to lelddit where you perhaps actually give a shit about discussion instead of you sperging insults like newfag fresh off the boat trying to fit in.

You are THE shittiest post I've seen in weeks. Hell, maybe that's what you were going for, so IDK, be proud I guess.

It is your problem that you date girls with down syndrome.

fite me, bitchfagnig.

>it's not a data point when I don't like it
Fuck off, hippy.

pretty much, but i am not even mad

Again you are an uneducated shitskin in the extremes minority of retards who can't tell cgi human beings from real ones. No amount of your insane ramblings will ever change that. No one was fooled by tarkin or leia. You seriously have to be brain dead to think for a second that what was on screen was a human being.

Even non fans of Star Wars saw right through it. Your argument is so stupid that only a shitskin could have come up with it. Kill yourself.

>mfw only autistic nerds can spot CGI and all the well adjusted adults just watched the movie and went home and went about their lives

tip
kek

No one is fooled by cgi, our eyes are trained to spot things that are un real. It's a normal physiological response, and if you don't have it you are either a shitskin or have some mental handicap. Or both.

My chad brother and his normie friends complained about it. My gf's mom thought it looked weird.

>mfw autistic nerds bitch and moan about "muh uncanny valley" but didn't realise many compositions in BvS were done with CGI water and people.

maybe it looked alright in the theater but I watched ro on my tv two nights ago and it looked like a video game character. Leia looked a bit better because we only saw her for 3 seconds

Cgi in the backdrop is completely different than using an actual cgi human being. No one thought that the dude was actually young in tron. Our are retarded if you think your mentally deficient shitskin mind is in the majority. Everyone thought it looked fake.

Star Wars Tales has always been non canon
it's more like a parody

>Everyone is retarded but me - the post
wow ur so smart u noticed that two actors - one who is a zombie corpse and the other who was 9000 years old and soon to be a zombie corpse was fake
well done gold star user so smrt very clever fuk cgi
t. clever boy

Cgi isn't at the level where it can fool he human eye. It's best done in small aspects of a film where our eye is not focused on the shot. Whenever we see cgi and it's center frame we immediately see that it's has a degree of un realness and it pulls us out of he film. Not like your shitskin mind could comprehend that thought, because you thought tarkin was a real human being like a mongoloid.

Hahahahahahah

Stop thinking that just because you're unable to do something that others are unable to do it. It's a socially degrading mindset that helps no one.

Plus there is this really weird hate of CGI on Sup Forums, like it's bad by default. Yeah, there are shortcomings to CGI. It leads to lazy production and leaving everything on the shoulders of post production, leading to poor results that could have been done better and cheaper had the producer given some forethought to locations and pratical effects. But CGI is not bad by default and being able to tell when something is CGI isn't bad either.

Walked out of the theater when I heard that line.

It's bad in the case of rogue one because you could tell they were really proud of cgi tarkin, like everyone would be fooled and think how is this actor still in this scene or some condescending shit. That was the most embarrassing part of it, that they thought it would fool people.

For now.

Tarkin was obsolutelly unnecessary desu. They could have replaced it with some random actor. No one would give a shit. Instead they tried to show off with lame tech

this. the actor who played him in ep3 looked great just with makeup

Of the few people I talked to after the movie several of them said they didn't know he was CGI. You are vastly overstating your case. As the user said, just because you can tell it is CGI doesn't mean it is bad.

You can't have Rogue One without Tarkin.

her mouth is just slightly too low

>You can't have Rogue One without Tarkin.
Why is that? They could easily have replaced all of his scenes with either
I)Vader
II)The Emperor appearing on hologram
As both Earl Ray and McDiarmid are actually alive this would made more sense

Don't listen to /x/. They're literally the dumbest board on this site. They're willing to ignore or distort facts to make their posts OMGCREEPY

>Cgi isn't at the level where it can fool he human eye

wtf i hate america now

Until they make a movie of it and it becomes canon.

Your life must really suck Jesus.

>all these autists angry about the not so bad CGI.

You're an idiot.

Throw something through a wall or whatever fast enough and it'll go straight through and leave an almost perfect imprint of its shape behind.

Tarkin was the head of the Dearth Star and A New Hope takes place days or mere hours after Rouge One ends. You literally cannot have scenes on the Death Star without Tarkin.

Furthermore, the CGI was great. There have never been better CGI faces in film. A lot of people didn't even notice it.

Tarkin was made head of the deathstar near the end of the movie
The Krellick person was the head for most of it
The CGI looked terrible and out of place, along with being disrespectful to the actor who played Tarkin in the first movie

Ofcourse it looks fake, it is a fake. Doesnt change the fact it still looks pretty good. Then again I watched the movie in 3D, fuckers didnt even show it normal.

But I still thinks its a fine CGI.