Melancholy kiño

What is the saddest, most depressing film you've ever seen? Bonus if it directly tackles suicide in a non romanticised manner

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yYBQDikvszY
youtube.com/watch?v=zI-YR4LBzL0
youtube.com/watch?v=LfzLLkZkUgU
youtube.com/watch?v=nifdpFOY1FQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Antichrist

Synecdoche

Paris, Texas was also pure feel kino

SNY. Watch yms analysis after.

youre gonna feel

Infernal Affairs isn't so depressing as a whole but man it has feels youtu.be/yYBQDikvszY

Also just the concept of a man who's completely aware that he's losing his own humanity through his actions but still feels duty bound to continue

Malle's Le Feu Follet is absolutely essential! If you have a problem gettting into older movies you can also check out the norwegian remake "Oslo, August 31st" which is damn fine modern adaption.

Sounds great, thanks user. Will watch this tonight

Tyrannosaur

Walking with Dinosaurs: Death of a Dynasty

Filth. Really hits Sup Forums Sup Forums /gif/ in the gut since the dude is pretty much an alpha depiction of all of us losing our head in the exact same manner while still destroying other's lives around us in our insecurity.

Lilya 4-ever and The Seventh Continent...both of these wrecked me

Dancer in the Dark

The Road
Threads (1984)

Definitely pic related, although for some reason The Wrestler always hit me hard as well.

peppermint candy

Original is a masterpiece. I will check the adaptation.

Blue is melancholy kino

The original ending of Brazil was so kino the studio forced them to recut and tack on a forced happy one instead to please the normalscum

go back to raping dogs, adam

MELACHOLIA

I laughed throughout this piece of shit. It's all so tacky and ridiculous.

Peppermint candy, a Korean movie. It starts with the guy committing suicide and then it goes backwards.

I've got an irrational fear of a world ending catastrophe happening, so this film was uncomfortable for me to watch, but in a good way.

>when she finds her husband dead in the stables. That raw, naked fear.

Childhood is idolizing Lars von Trier. Growing up is realizing Lav Diaz makes more sense.

Paths of Glory will catch you by surprise at the end

threads messed me up. That scene when the mushroom cloud comes up and you see that woman piss herself with fear. That shit stuck with me.

Fucking this. That movie presents everything in such a raw and realistic way it seriously scared me.

I didn't know there was a version with a happy ending, I knew there were like 3 versions but not that the change were too radical.

In the version I watched Pryce gets caught and tortured, then allucinates being rescued and live happily, but the last scene is him in the torture chair singing to himself and the torturers saying he's gone insane.

Threads creeped me out most of the way but the very last scene was just scarring, the dead, bloody chunk of meat just being dropped like that, and then specially the way it cuts to credits.

Yeah, that's the legit ending, which is the best IMHO. The edited version ends with them escaping and living a happy life, which pretty much misses the whole point of the movie.

Are the sequels good? I only saw the first one

Don't mean to be that guy, but the book is better. Way darker and more depressing.

That really is fucking bullshit, the whole allucination bit happens very fast since it's supposed to, like a dream, trying to past that as the legit ending is ridiculous, I hope at least in the "happy ending" edit they had the decency of extending the scene a bit since otherwise it'd make zero sense.

The Man Who Sleeps
Oslo, August 31st
The Pawnbroker
Submarino

Is it odd that I felt a strange comfort when I watched this film? It's as if everything felt alright, I guess I must have been depressed back then.

If you want to watch something with a similar feeling of doom although less intelligent, watch 'Knowing' by Alex Proyas, most people here will probably say it's silly but I found it enjoyable enough.

leaving las vegas

huh. i learn i have a new boner inducing thing every day.

Good choices.
Scanner Darkly kinda fucked up me up. Moral Orel season 2 and 3 are like spiral to crippling depression and misanthropy in animated form, though there is 'happy' moments here and there.
Comedy is very depressing in it's own way, I'd imagine anyone who has been long enough on Sup Forums will feel some of it because the ironic memes and the culture of this place.

The comedy is exactly what you are looking for

Love + Pop
I Stand Alone
Songs From the Second Floor (the rest of the trilogy is also very good)

its certainly strangely satisfying to look at

>last one doesn't tense up

I know which one's a keeper

The Free Will. It's about a rapist being released from prison

Threads made me so anti-nukes. I'm so scared of the norks using them.

>Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
youtube.com/watch?v=zI-YR4LBzL0

>The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
youtube.com/watch?v=LfzLLkZkUgU

>Almost every sad scene in Mr Bean
youtube.com/watch?v=nifdpFOY1FQ

A Woman Under the Influence

I think Paris, Texas is one of the very few movies that really make me tear up. It also made me realise just how effective the Wenders + Shepard combo was.

Inside Llewyn Davis

The Video Diary of Ricardo Lopez

mental illness is a bitch

What movie is this from?

Just watched this tonight.

Hit me close because I'm an Ausfag, some terrifying and draining shit.

This one's actually pretty great
that scene when his trashy girlfriend breaks down

A Brighter Summer Day
if you have the patience for the entire thing (it goes by fast) then it will leave you an emotional wreck