Do you think Daniels killed himself when the Wall Street Crash happened?

do you think Daniels killed himself when the Wall Street Crash happened?

One would hope so

Was Plainview an investor? As far as the movies shows, all his money came from oil, so I doubt he'd even be touched.

i think they put him into prison.

Yeah he probably got a good lawyer but even with all that money he didnt have the contacts to get away with murder, especially the murder of a well known Preacher with a huge following.

>well known

I wouldn't be so sure. Look how casually his Butler interacted with him at the end. There was a fuckton of money in oil back then, so Plainview might've been approaching Rockfeller levels of filthy rich. Money like that could buy the law, and a sizeable enough donation to his church could get their hounds off him.

he obviously was

nah, he was to keen on making enemies im sure they would have gotten him for that.

it all depends if he was initiated or not. as an outcast he would be an easy target for the masons, no matter his wealth

I think the point was, no matter how far the priest rose, he could never reach Daniels heights

In a shitty little village maybe but in the real world he's a nobody. Not to mention Plainview has the money to make him disappear

He did literally nothing wrong.

And the Preacher deserved being slayed for so easily going back on his faith. And so he burned in hell for all of eternity.

it was supposed to be a metaphor for capitalism ultimately destroying all beliefs of course

he showed up dressed like a pimp and he made a lot of money (which he lost).

He obviously wasnt just the Preacher of a small backwater village anymore, most likely the leader of a whole denomination.

california itself was barely known in 1900-10

So let's say he did have a large denomination. He stole money from them or ripped them off or somehow pissed them off. Most likely he ran off before being found out. Either way bad shit was coming his way.

>tfw thought Eli and Paul were the same persona

Confused me a big deal desu.

they are the same person

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE

by 1910 there were 2.3 million people in california

Nah, oil men ran the world back then. Rockefeller for example.

Originally they were two brothers

thats the thing, that was a ruse set up by Eli and spiritualized by Daniel to whole another level

I always wondered, am I supposed to dislike Daniel?

Daniel wasn't incompetent. He saw the scam Eli pulled. We knew when Daniel gave HW that knowing look after meeting Paul for the first time. He was mocking Eli at the end before killing him.

agreed, by spiritualized I meant all the stuff about Paul being the real prophet. I guess at some point Daniel gets involved into this game of faith, with the false brother and his oil crusade, hence the notion of Eli being the false prophet and Paul the real one.

No, he died of pneumonia and his widow and business partner scam his son out of his inheritance.

Hi weird guy from Silence threads.

He didn't have a son.

make your own mind up you disgusting little faggot

Read the book.

The film is such a loose adaptation of the book that doesn't apply here

Are Blood, No Country For Old Men, and Zodiac the holy trilogy of 2007 kino?

Contacts are what you need if you haven't got sufficient funds to do literally anything you want, which he had

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford