What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

it was

not as good as nightcrawler

I've had this movie on my hard drive for months but still didn't watch it for some reason.

tell me it's good, Sup Forums.

It's alright

Felt like a guest from 2010, or maybe I just stopped watching these kinds of movies.

to me it felt like your basic kitsch semi-romance, but that's my guilty pleasure in films, like romcoms are for teenage girls

the good thing about it is that it didn't focus on love or any other aspect of your typical romance bullshit, Jake Gyllenhaal's character and his inner self were the primary focus

overall, a subjective 8/10, wasn't shot very well, felt like they got a beginning dop, but cinematography was never the point of this film

forgot to mention, it's comfy as fuck famalam

can someone gimme the cliff notes of this movie

I think I've already watched it but it must be completely unmemorable

>rich "together" man loses wife
>wow im not really "together"
>this is how you are supposed to "live" life
>reflection
the end

>What's the verdict?

jake needs to chill, hes getting cocky with all these movies

cut the woman, fag kid, father in law scenes, keep the train guy and maybe this flick can become a film

It started out pretty well and then it sort of went off the trails halfway through. It tries to be deep but it's not.

Successful man is married to his boss' daughter, classic high-flier lifestyle, but gets into a car crash and his wife is killed.

He writes a heartfelt letter to a vending machine company when one fails to dispense chocolate, and single mum Naomi Watts works there and reads it.

They fall in love and he quits his job, hangs out with her confused mid-puberty gay son and takes a sledgehammer to his super-fancy yuppie house as a symbolic way of getting over his grief and moving on.

I agree with the user who gave it an 8/10, the performances and writing were very solid.

wouldn't say the film shows how you're supposed to live life, neither to the audience or the main character himself, if anything it shows you there's different types of grief

thought there was more to it, no wonder i forgot it, appreciate the response though

good

i just watched the trailer to refresh my memory

but yes it is partly about how he lives his life, he was in autopilot and cared more about his work than his wife / family, he speaks to the fag kid, realizes he was ignoring his wife, realized he wasn't living as a "real" person and changed his ways

don't know why you are saying otherwise you dumb fuck

p.s. suck my dick

didn't feel the same way about it as you do, also don't know why you're so aggressive with your opinion so I guess I'll leave you at that

I can't help enjoying pretty much everything Jake is in. no homo

yes homo

you are me
and I am you

mediocre forgetable gyllenhaal flick

Is he like nightcrawler in this movie?

he looks a tiny bit like Lou when he shaves, that's the only similarity really

Good as a dark comedy

4/10 unmemorable.

Well-made, underrated film that's unfortunately quite forgettable.