ITT shitty movies that looked cool

ITT shitty movies that looked cool.

Pic related.

Is this the new Batwatch?

BvS

probably semon demon

For me, good aesthetics can never be 'shitty' because aesthetics is inseperable/indistinguishable from the heart of it all.

>Shitty movie

Like, take Conan the Barbarian for instance.

One might argue that it's simplistic, and that the lines are mostly stock fantasy jibberish and grunts. But the aesthetics are so perfect and are, you come to realize, the substance of it. Further, you realize the film actually has a very fully realized philosophy, and that it is one with the aesthetics and thrust of the film as a whole.

How can a movie be shitty when it looked cool

Only God Forgives.

Because OP is talking about visuals over substance.
Not like I'm agreeing with him by choosing Neon Demon but still I get his point.

Speed Racer

/thread

More of less every movie Andrew Niccol has made.

Even his best Gattaca has a glaring plot hole in that it's not unreasonable to not send off Astronauts who have potential heart problems.

But man is that movie pretty.

Rouge One
Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Punisher: War Zone

is style over a substance a real criticism?

I'm not convinced it is. If A movie has great cinematography it can still be considered good even if the plot is lacking.
read a fucking book if you think otherwise

The career of Terrence Malick

Read something from the Baroque literature, read "Il piacere" from D'Annunzio and then tell me you still think that there cant be such thing as "style over substance".

>shitty movie

>is style over a substance a real criticism?
The cell, Batman Vs Superman, even Transformers movies I would say.

It's not. It's something dumb people say to trick themselves into thinking their barely competent shit films are good.

kino

what are those lights for? it's already bright as fuck out there

red glow, you can see it on their arms

it's to keep flies away so they don't show up in the photos

honestly she is way prettier than ellie fanning

ellie is very pretty but this girl i can honestly say is like 11/10, id even say she's TOO prett... hmmmmmmm

gantz:o
I really liked the monsters and costumes. it was cheesy but if script and direction was better it'd be a great a movie