What was her endgame?

What was her endgame?

Always annoyed me that they don't really confirm whether J was right or not in that scene. Pretty sure he was, though.

So was this a legitimate test to pick up on whether potential agents would observe the detail of the book's title, or was it merely a design oversight by the test makers and he happened to see the flaw in it, thereby impressing Agent K? K seemed pretty mad that he shot her, oblivious to his motivations.

>Pretty sure he was, though.

I'm sure K will make J an agent no matter what because J's dad died saving him.

Nothing. She was an innocent child.

MIB is a racist movie. This loud idiot does everything wrong during the tests, including shooting a little girl, and what is Kay's reason for picking him? "He runs fast."

Fuck you.

it doesnt matter. it was a 10 second scene for comedy

To make an utterly boring breakdown it was probably just a design oversight that had her carrying advanced books, but since with his explanation he clearly demonstrated restraint, keen observation and made a good shot it came off as impressive. Anger over the ordeal was probably more related to his showing eagerness to disobey orders, which would make sense for setting up a buddy cop dynamic

Considering Zed's concern was with his problem with authority, J was absolutely in the right for the tests. She's also the only cutout that moves towards the shooters.

You're too smart for this board. Get out.

But how do you explain that one alien with a random hanky in his hand?

It was a test to see what was different. If you're in contact with aliens all the time you can't be nervous about their hideousness

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Comedy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>it was probably just a design oversight that had her carrying advanced books,

The point is that he was going to be working with aliens as allies on the force and his enemy would hide in plain sight, IE the skinsuit man.

he was just sneezan

Consider that MIB's deal with scary looking alien monsters on a daily basis who aren't actually evil. Testing to see if a potential recruit is going to freak out and shoot the first alien he see's is probably a good idea.

Conversely they also deal with bad guys who disguise themselves as ordinary humans. So being aware that the cute little girl can into a bugs monster is also an important thing for a MIB to know.

>relativity
I just noticed this fuck off obvious alien J was right maybe just kneecap it instead

That would make sense to an extent, but I would disagree with it. There was already the "think outside the box test" with that egg chair scene. Aside from checking to see who read the script it wouldn't really make sense for them to be testing for "telling the good aliens from the bad ones" in a firing range

Obviously they all fucked up because in the next scene Z makes a backhanded compliment "you're everything we've come to expect from the government training"

zed argues against will smith though.

I always took it as J took a random shot and was really good at bullshitting on the spot
Even if he was right about her being the suspicious one it still wouldn't justify shooting her in the face
J was probably on to something but he was mostly just lucky, because afterwards he just remarks it was a good shot at least

You're assuming those guys were real candidates and not there just to intimidate J. Not once does Zed ever acknowledge those other guys either, mind you.

Is this from that korn video

What the fuck happened to Korn, Anyway?

You see them get mind wiped so presumably they're they were real candidates and not just MIB stooges.

they dun fucked up and went nu-metal/whateverthefuckaskrillexis

They could have just reached out to government agencies without any real intention of recruiting them if only to add bodies to the test, but it really doesn't make much difference

J was in the wrong. He just came up with an elaborate excuse for what he did. At the end of the scene he says "...Or do I owe her an apology?" and K and Zed just look at him like he's an idiot.

Is that the same blond chick that the KoRn cover of follow the leader ?

>She's also the only cutout that moves towards the shooters.
That's pretty cool little detail, man.

They don't go through the government, they're above the government

She was just persuing a higher education.

Over it.

If you shoot her in the MIB ride at Universal Studios you get a fuckload of bonus points.

>police officer
>problem with authority

bad father figure

at least thats my problem

why, just because he's black?

J was in the right

no, alcoholic

>will smith shoots an child prodigy who doesn't discriminate against aliens
He gets away because he's black