Adam Sandler's Netflix deal was a great idea. He doesn't have to worry about box office disappointment...

Adam Sandler's Netflix deal was a great idea. He doesn't have to worry about box office disappointment, and his films can break all of Netflix's records. His fans will watch regardless of the bad reviews, and Netflix makes it easier to hate-watch. Either way it is more press. (self.movies)

>(self.movies)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Which movies did he even make for netflix ?

The ones with diversity and feminism

The Do Over and the new one Sandy Something.

Give me the names you reddit fag

The ones that he filmed

Sandy Hook?

So he's going to expose the Jews and their lies, /our guy/

lazy bitch

how do I edit that out?

Click the X in the top right corner

>edit
>Sup Forums
Newfag

Masterfully baited.

>500M of hours

>Albert Brooks returned again and again to his dislike of Adam Sandler's movies and what they represent during a "Words Into Pictures" panel discussion last Sunday at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel. So says Mr. Showbiz columnist Jeffery Wells, who recounts the event in "Showbiz Confidential." It was a panel of comedy screenwriters, and the ostensible subject of the panel was "Laughter: The Silent Killer." Other Sandler bad-mouthers on the panel included two "SNL" alumni, Janeane Garofalo and Harry Shearer, as well as screenwriter Ed Solomon.

Even though Sandler was not there to defend himself, don't feel too bad for him. First of all, he's making $20 million a movie (so you can never feel TOO bad for him). Secondly, two other people on the panel, Norm Macdonald and writer-director James L. Brooks, were sticking up for him. Macdonald is a friend of Sandler's and a former "SNL" star himself.

In a nutshell, Albert Brooks sees his own comic films as having a certain depth and resonance, and being concerned with more than merely getting laughs. Sandler, he implied, thinks of little else.

The dissection of Sandler, which wasn't on the agenda, all began with Brooks being asked who makes him laugh, and Brooks answering, "Jack Benny." Brooks recounted the old Benny bit about the thief sticking a gun in his ribs and saying,"Your money or your life" and Benny finally saying after a long hesitation, "I'm thinking it over." After Brooks recounted the joke, Norm Macdonald sarcastically jumped in, "Those kind of inside anecdotes are really cool to hear, you know?" Brooks shot back with, "I'll match it against any Adam Sandler story you have." Then he compared Sandler to a disease. "Let's do what else America likes. How about cancer? They all seem to get that. Must be good! People keep getting it!"

Macdonald was then asked by host Hal Kanter when a comedic bit has gone into the realm of bad taste, and he turned his answer into a defense of Sandler. "I never like to do any jokes about anyone who's a private citizen. Or jokes about children. Or jokes about bowel cancer. Or mental illness or any jokes about any performers, you know? I mean, we're trying to make people laugh. I can't make fun of a person, even if I don't think he's funny. If he's making millions and millions of people laugh even if I don't think he's funny, I don't see the point in saying that this person is bad."

Brooks stated that just because everyone else likes someone, you don't have to. Macdonald's stance remained: Why make fun of someone who makes millions of people laugh?

Soon there after, Kanter asked Janeane Garofalo if she felt humor has become mean-spirited, and why. She answered the question partly by pointing a finger at Sandler. "There's a thing about the humor [of Sandler's] that is mean-spirited, and just because it makes a whole lot of people laugh doesn't mean it's that great."

Norm leaped in again. "If I could say one thing, I think Adam Sandler is the least mean-spirited comedian I've ever seen in my life."

Brutal

The Do Over, Ridiculous 6 and some new one, a copy of The Bodyguard or some shit.

Why the hell is Macdonald defending Sandler and going "oh it's bad taste to make fun of people with mental illness or cancer" WHEN SANDLER DOES THE EXACT FUCKING THING. Nearly every Sandler film has a mentally retarded person doing something retarded or a non-retarded person doing something to the retarded person, possibly involving the trade-mark smack in the dick/balls joke that Sandler loves. Maybe some poop, fart or sex jokes thrown in.

Sandler isn't funny and his films have only ever been good when somebody has done the work and got Sandler to just act. Then again, the long rumoured claim that Sandler's films are a form of money laundering and ways of paying his close buddies millions of dollars (usually paid for by insanely blatant product placement) to appear in his films and add to the billing to make people think "oh this might be worth a few laughs".

didn't she quit SNL because of Sandler and some other cast members' antics? Must still be sore.

so sore she appeared in Sandy Wexler

>He'll never do a film like Punch Drunk Love again

thank god

He's doing a Noah Baumbach movie for Netflix which actually could be good.

Or she was playing devils advocate and stating a fact. Just because people find something good or enjoyable in large numbers doesn't make it good. Argumentum ad populum. Otherwise The Beatles are one of the greatest artists in history.

>Otherwise The Beatles are one of the greatest artists in history.

They are

Mediocrity always finds a way to get through

(not true, by the way)

He did a few.
They all look bad, but they're there.

That's the thing though, his films never saw box office disappointment. It saw critical disappointment.

His films budgets were consistently well under what his movies would rake in. There's enough people who likes his shitty movies for whatever reason that he's always been profitable.

He found a niche, and a way to keep himself and all his friends employed.

Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore/The Waterboy is a Holy Trinity of comedy.

He should go back to doing roles like those.

Norm doesn't do serious comedy like Jeaneane Garofalo or George Carlin.

This. Sandler is only good when somebody else does everything but the acting.

>mfw this jew actually makes the film "ass" and fulfills Mike Judge's future reality

pottery

It might be nice, but he already has his audience and it's making him money.

the ridiculous 6 and the do-over were worth a laugh but sandy wexler is annoying garbage. if you want to hear adam purposely talk like a retard while having a nigeress side-kick this is the movie for you

>nigeress side-kick
...is she hot?

If you're too racist to give an honest answer, can someone say if she's hot?

It's Jennifer Hudson.

Bah.