Mfw no leftovers thread

>mfw no leftovers thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfMbN_MzCpw
youtube.com/watch?v=Hdq_EfSfhrg
youtube.com/watch?v=wmat7fUem8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't understand the suffocation thing very well.
Is he doing it just because he feels good dying and coming back?
Also, what was that intro set in 1844 supposed to be? A Guilty Remnant early settlement or just religious people waiting for Jesus unironically?

The Great Disappointment in the Millerite movement was the reaction that followed Baptist preacher William Miller's proclamations that Jesus Christ would return to the Earth in 1844, what he called the Advent. His study of the Daniel 8 prophecy during the Second Great Awakening led him to the conclusion that Daniel’s “cleansing of the sanctuary” was cleansing of the world from sin when Christ would come, and he and many others prepared, but October 22, 1844 came and they were disappointed.
These events paved the way for the Adventists who formed the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. They contended that what had happened on October 22 was not Jesus’ return, as Miller had thought, but the start of Jesus’ final work of atonement, the cleansing in the heavenly sanctuary, leading up to the Second Coming.[

I'd never guess that. I'm guessing they'll try to push the Kevin=Jesus narrative then.

Someone pointed out that he is probably doing it to sleep. Nora handcuffed herself to Kevin to keep him from sleepwalking, remember? This is probably how her arm got broken. So he decided to just stay awake from now on, and then kill himself after she had left in the morning because he knows he can't stay dead. This is why he didn't burn the book, he knows that they are all right but he won't admit it.

The broken arm thing makes sense, but the asfixiation is a bit weird, because he used to take hours to come back, yet he kills himself in the morning and still leaves in the morning. It's like not even one hour passed. Unless he "evolved" and can come back faster, but to use that as a sleeping method is a bit much.

I'm still on season 1 REEEEEEE

GO AWAY! IT'S FULL OF SPOILERS!

>I didn't understand the suffocation thing very well.

Either he's going to the hotel to do shenanigans or he's testing if he indeed can't die

We shot some dogs together

He kills himself to go on bad ass spy missions against his personal demons you stupid fucks.

Maybe it's a case of every morning he psychs himself up to go back to the hotel and figure stuff out but always bottles it at the last minute

>yfw Kevin kills himself to be a badass spy and figure the afterlife, but gets late for work and has to run to the lobby to sing "I want to break free" and come back in time

Man, do you guys remember when Season 1 began, and all the shitposters said was
>DUDE ATHEISM LMAO
Gonna look especially stupid if they really do go this route.

WHO THE FUCK IS SARAH?

Am I missing something?

Just finished season 1. It had its lengths at times but overall it was very entertaining. I suppose it gets even better now?

Matt is my favorite character so far. Based priest.

Sarah is Nora in a flashforward scene.

Do you guys think I would have kek'd at pic related if I hadn't been on Sup Forums for years?

S1 starts slow, and gets tedious in the middle, but I remember the finale being the tying of the bow around that tied it all up incredibly well. I watched the show for the quality of it despite being unpleasant to watch until the finale. The finale is where I was hooked and completely on board. S2 is still the same type of show, but there is something about the S1 finale that almost acts as a secret door that has you ready for everything that follows it.

Lily better not be dead lads

Wow. I feel dumb now.

Nah, I missed it too. There's no way we could both be dumb.

I would've kek'd if I had noticed that

There you go

Real question here is why didn't she say the name Kevin meant anything to her. Is he being hunted down? Did he depart with his "disciples", did he die?

I really hope he didn't die, that would be extremely depressing. That's saying alot because this show is depressing as hell.

I'M TRYING

I've developed a fetish for average looking woman thanks to this show

Holy fuck this is really hot. Is this a fetish? Why does this turn me on?

So that's what that was... I had no knowledge of that.

>Did he depart with his "disciples", did he die?
Very likely.

the show was so shitty and boring the main character tried to kill himself to get out!

youtube.com/watch?v=AfMbN_MzCpw

I'm glad she's back and better looking than ever

her hairstyle is awful and a huge turnoff

Agreed

We're intentionally being lead believing that everything is fine, happily enjoying life, but hat scene drops the hint that everything is not as pleasant as it seems.
We'll find out more as the season progresses. That was the first breadcrumb.

wait season 3 started? I fucking missed it

why, she has just enough hair to grab and mush her face into the pillow while pounding her cunt from behind. am i right bro

>tfw no norah gf OR nora mommy

that's two kicks in the balls, thanks life

I like it, I think it's nice?

Nothing wrong with her hair you whiny ungrateful no-taste bitch

But I think its cute on her. I tend to like different variations of bob cuts. It exposes the sexy neck, but isn't too short.

Why does HBO keeping doing me like this? Plastic bag suffocation is so unsettling

youtube.com/watch?v=Hdq_EfSfhrg

Don't you think that might be too likely though? That is the first thing I thought of after I saw the episode.

Looks like the evil American far-Left got to muh Leftovers too!

It's OK cause she is old and not attractive.

>muh American far-Left

Maybe, but in addition maybe both characters needed a purpose to remain a part of the story, and that was the best way to do it.

More like just short enough to make her look like a stern librarian and coldy dominate me

What happened to John's wife again?

Looks like this season is going to be another emotional roller coaster.

She left him. She is in the preview for this season.

SAME SAME SAME I just watched ep03 that hooked everyone with the gambling, my heart was jumping up and down. But I was set on this show since episode one, I can't believe people were iffy on it.

Hit ctrl+f to see if Sup Forums was discussing this but now I'm getting out of here. This stuff is good I'm looking forward to it.

>that new theme at the end
>that whole episode ending
I had fucking goosebumps the whole time.
This season is going to be kino.

>leftovers fans have no knowledge of the 7th day adventists

I small part of me is really disappointed that they brought back the hunter just to explain him away as crazy. I understand the point is to ground some of the mystery as being the simplest explanation (so by turn, Kevin probably is nu-Jesus), but at the same time "let the mystery be" was part of what sold me on the show to begin with. It's much more powerful for him to just be a stranger who leads Kevin astray then vanishes.

>portraying William Miller as a bumbling-but-trying-hard-to-do-right rather than a conman who got people to give him all their assets so he could buy the land the congregation waited for jesus on, in tents, in squalor, with nothing, until he eventually left, rich as fuck.

this fucking show man

he did come back quicker from being shot than he came back from cyanide.

and his magic powers didn't even give him the chance to drown.

lindelof didn't write the hunter so of course he'd kill him off.

I'd bet money the black girl isn't actually dead though.

youtube.com/watch?v=wmat7fUem8U

>when it shows OldNora's face and then the horns kick in

She's really dead (I think) but I bet she will appear to Kevin a la Patti.

>Implying this won't be the ending shot for this show

you know some shit went down with lily. Also, where is Erika?

when he got shot he wasn't in the hotel as long.
with the cyanide he had to drive patti all the way to the well.

Which character's episodes are the most kino and why is it Matt's?

Christine has Lily (she is returning this season and that is the only reason for her to return she is useless otherwise). Erika left John and was literally in the preview after the episode. Pay attention.

>massive departure happens on the 14th
>Nora loses everyone she loves again.
>spends the rest of her life carrying pigeons.

I know she's in the preview, I was just wondering what happened between her and john. I'm guessing it has to do with evie's death, seeing as that John is a full on believer that she's not dead

She was going to leave him before Evie disappeared, it's safe to say she left him once Evie died.

well kevin finally dying could be kino but how

does anyone else hope Aimee shows up this season?

Kevin dying is the easy way out.

Is this even acting? or is he actually suffocating himself

... yes that is what said...

I already checked her imdb, she's not credited for any episodes :c

kevin died at the beginning of season 2 and everything since has all been in his head

shes got an actual career now. She doesn't have to be the "bridesmaid" to jill anymore

I think he's going to the hotel to visit his dead black baby.

That's some deep AF speculation, bu that'd be crazy.

>GR spends seven years pulling harmless pranks to provoke response
>protesters "poison" body of water to protest GR drone strike
>kevin jumps in hoping its poision
>DUDE HOW U NO DAT SHIT WUZ SAEF??

literally everyone in this show is fucking stupid jesus christ

career in what?

movies? I don't know I've seen her in shit that wasn't written by lindelof

Shes gone user.

>totally out of shit to watch
>realize I haven't actually watched all of the twilight zone
>download that shit
>realize its where lindelof has stolen every idea he'll claim as his and writing style from
>realize his ideal lead is an idealized version of rod serling

I mean I knew he was pulling that shit from somewhere, but its literally all in the twilight zone.

F

why did he pretend to be afraid to die

what the fuck was his problem?

You got me interested, give examples.

It's probably real. Very safe as long as someone is there to cut the bag

I'm kinda marathoning this shit negro, not writing a dissertation.

The fact every single lindelof lead has been a ruggedly handsome man with a rod serling hairdo is pretty damning though.

This show is pseudokino, prove me wrong.

paws on the pause button

he doesnt know for sure that he cant die and of course if someone is shooting a gun at you your natural reaction is going to be fear

So your main example is a fucking hairdo?

>next episode starts with baptised people getting terrible skin disease and dying
>kevin realizes he can't die in Miracle
>???

He tries to kill himself not hours before.

>if someone is shooting a gun at you your natural reaction is going to be fear
This implies pointing a gun at a man 400bc would produce fear.

literally this

Oh hi lindelof, wasn't paying attention.

and the fact all the leads basically boil down to "rod serling" type.

>man who's proven he can't die four times
>natural

>GR
>actually doing something harmful

yea I can see lindelof pulling that. He's proven to have less than zero understanding or memory of even his own work.

Will we get an episode of Kevin getting his tattoos