>tfw 60s years on and humans are still using penis shaped liquid fuel rockets to go to space

We'll never leave this shitty planet, will we Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off

Post yfw feminist Hillary creates the first vagina shaped space rockets and we colonize Mars in 3 years

fuck off

fuck off

You got a better idea?

it is because we are fucking space with our glory known as mankind.

why is no one funding this?

>US space craft
>"CAN LEAVE EARTH"
That spacecraft can only go to low orbits, not go to real "space"

Because how the fuck are you supposed to stretch and contract space?

I don't know m8, LIGO maybe?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO

Because warping spacetime requires the energy of several suns.

It's shit.

>time travel
Unfortunately you'd still have to make the spaceship out of matter

its also the energy required we haven't really got antimatter batteries on the go yet.

>I don't understand aerodynamics: the thread

You have a spare star laying around somewhere?

The orion drive is my favorite design.
>lets vomit nukes out our ass as fast as we can to push us through space.

Got plenty in Hollywood

Because this is purely theoretical and the resources it would take to actually build a functioning drive haven't even been fucking discovered yet.

LIGO doesn't stretch spacetime you retard (any more than the mass-energy of a laser beam does anyway) it's an instrument to detect gravitational distortion

Abdul please actually learn some science and engineering before shitposting about it

The advanced propulsion lab does have an experiment to see if it can induce tiny spots of warped space but the technology isn't even infantile yet - more like the dirty twinkle in your dad's eye when he sees a goat

sometimes a rocket is just a rocket.

I get annoyed by scientifically inept inbreeds as well.

The EmDrive threads almost gave me an aneurysm.

>breaks the laws of physics
>it totally works guys!

Kill me

Kek we never did.
Hell, we don't even know why the heck we're on a rock that's floating in space. Ahaha

Sure. Any idea where I can find some matter with negative mass?

Because you need fucking magic matter to stretch and control space itself
Call NASA when you figure out how to dismantle Jupiter, compress it down to the size of car and be able to turn its mass on and off

>a fucking white dick
nice try patriarchy

No one gives a shit about space travel. We have much bigger problems here on earth.

Why visit a bunch of dead, boring rocks and put people in danger? We can't even reach half the dead rocks in our solar system anytime soon.

Maybe there are more exciting rocks around distant stars. It will be many generations before we have the technology to get there, if ever. Until then, sci-fi fags will just have to settle for their pulp fantasies because that's all they're ever gonna see.

>breaks the laws of physics

of course it doesnt, that is impossible

anything that "does" is just physics we dont understand or arent revealing correctly

Weren't there several people coming out and saying that it actually doesn't break any current laws?

Plus who knows maybe we got something wrong? I'm hopeful, but who knows most likely someone made a mistake measuring its thrust.

wait for fusion power to be standard around the globe

then they will miniaturize it enough for a spacecraft

Space exploration is not profitable. Enjoy your iPhone 8 instead. If you object, you are against free market capitalism.

Space is just like an asshole. At first, it seems impossible to get a cock in there. But after a while, with a lot of lube and stretching, you can fit just about anything in there.

because that tech is a journey of 1000 miles

and we are on the 9th inch

My alien friends compared this to an old steam engine vs. an electric engine. Its dirty but it will get us going fast. They said it would be fine if were are worried about polluting lol, regular mass consists of just under 1 percent of the universe the rest is just space... Our scientists believe the universe consists about 4 percent of mass but my friend said they are wrong..

2 plus 2 is 4 and that will not change after a million years. The EmDrive breaks the LAWS not random theories, son. The universe cannot function or exist if the EmDrive actually worked.

Nope. It doesn't work, It's all fluff and margin error in the tests themselves.

If you can come up with a more efficient and cost-effective way of doing it, step forth and claim your nobel prize and your billions of dollars.

And no , a method that still depends entirely on the use of "exotic matter" (aka fairy dust) to work is not a viable alternative. Alcubierre Drive isn't being funded for the same reason we aren't dumping billions into Stargates - because no one knows if the fundamental concept is purely theoretical or not.

Would you be happier with a vagina shaped spaceship OP?

You will have to embrace the nuclear holocaust m8. It is atleast better than the future of slow, humiliating death of a stranded whale that awaits Earth once pisslam takes over.

Maybe the three eyed mutants of the future will represent humanity on an interstellar scale someday.

>implying penis-shaped spacecraft aren't the most manliest thing ever and should be worshiped
It's like you don't even have a soul

If it means that we will all be sjw space communists wearing pajamas while holding hands with every alien species we meet than I hope we never leave Earth.

IF we could warp spacetime in that way, the ship is guaranteed to work

and we know nothing prevents spacetime from distorting to those extremes

the impossibility is getting enough energy into a small enough area, and that wont kill people

that detects that, it doesnt make it happen

imbecile.

This

All of the tests done on computers use completely built-from-the-ground-up code to suit the physics (or forced physics) of the scenario because a regular simulation program would return the obvious; it fucking violates momentum theories.

>people are being brainwashed towards acceptance so badly that if aliens made themselves known on earth we'd gladly bend over for them in the name of tolerance

this reality gets scarier with every passing moment

nice reading/physics comprehension there buddy

dumbass

>bend over for them

>we would have a choice

again, impossible to "break" any laws, only to possibly break our understanding of them

>ignores that the rocket and torpedo are both the most aero/hyrdo-dynnamic designs for projectiles.

>still thinking inside the box

>not getting what OP meant

This is also true
The EMDrive won't work. But if it does then our physics is incorrect.

You sir are officially on my shitlist.

just need a good fuel scoop m8

and once it is full, but doesnt have 1 quadrillionth the necessary energy, what then?