ITS COMPLETE FUCKING SHIT

ITS COMPLETE FUCKING SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12773677
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not that bad

It always was shit

I'm having a hard time enjoying it. There doesn't seem to be actual charm behind it. It's just someone's lame "love letter" attempt.

I've finished the first two, and it's fine. The original had a joke every 10-15 seconds or so, this one has like three jokes a second. You can see in the credits, too, the show has like 20 writers.

There's no effort put into the "story" of Jonah being kidnapped, but the movie mockery itself is fun. The "quality" of the movie helps of course too tho (e.g. Reptilicus >>> Cry Wilderness)

Have you tried watching it........on WEED

I never watched the parts with the gorillas, fat chick, frizzy haired scientists in green coats just the movie with the 2 robots and mike or joel so the new 'skit' shit doesn't bother me cuz I just fast forwarded through it too.

Its the robots and the commentator

Its like having your normie cousin and dad try to do an MST3k imitation on thanksgiving

the quips are just super unfunny and the pacing is so forced, theres nothing natural about the way they make the jokes like back in the joel/mike days.

It just reeks of the drama club geeks reading lines not riffing/bantz

>in the original, Joel "used those special parts to make his robot friends."

>in the new version, the Forresters gave him the robots so he wouldn't lose his shit

Nice "story" you have there guys.

It's not bad. The riffing is too fast-paced and the Bots' delivery is not very good, especially Servo. I also dislike how the Bots don't really move around when they talk in the theater and their mouths don't sync up to what they're saying hardly at all. It just feels unnatural. Still plenty watchable though.

then i guess it stayed true to form lol

>ITS COMPLETE FUCKING SHIT
let's not pretend mst3k was ever not complete fucking shit

Well they do explain Kinga wanted to recreate the original experiments exactly, so that would explain the robots.

>its really bad
>its still good

wut

>You can see in the credits, too, the show has like 20 writers.

thats obviously the problem

thats why everything like this is complete shit, too many people involved, only the crap that everyone agrees with or works on goes to the top which is always the least funny/creative shit because theres nothing individualistic and unique about the content as you get with small number of people working

I said certain parts of it are bad, not all of it. Reading comprehension friend.

>thats why everything like this is complete shit, too many people involved, only the crap that everyone agrees with or works on goes to the top which is always the least funny/creative shit because theres nothing individualistic and unique about the content as you get with small number of people working
you're talking about a bunch of nerds talking over shitty movies here how can it possibly be "individualistic and unique"

This is actually reasonable. I'm going to allow it.

Probably. Were they worried it wouldn't hold the millennial attention span? Of COURSE it won't, they shouldn't have tried.

Otherwise you get that episode of Community where Pierce hires the drama club to write bants for him.

i think he means that if you have two friends over and you're busting on a movie, that's preferable to having 30 people in the room doing the same thing.

the original was shit too

why are you surprised?

1.The riffing is too fast-paced and the Bots' delivery is not very good, especially Servo.
2. I also dislike how the Bots don't really move around when they talk in the theater and their mouths don't sync up to what they're saying hardly at all.
3. It just feels unnatural.
4. Still plenty watchable though.

wut

>fanboyish remake of bad series is also bad

woah...

meh it's aight

i feel like they didnt take into account that a bunch of youtubers have taken up riffing on shitty movies in a way that's far surpassed the original show and instead just tried to make something like the original show

it sucks ass like everything on (((netflix)))

>i KNOW comedy, you can tell by my usage of shit Sup Forums memes

In terms of original content,
Netflix > Amazon >>>>>>>>> Hulu, so fuck right off

lemme guess: the jews are mind-controlling blacks to cuck whites and bring forth totalitarian islamo-mexican regimes around the superior white world.

this thread escalated quickly

I've seen the first two. They're alright.

The SJW shit while infrequent is still disappointing.

"The 1950s idea of diversity must have been different heights"

"I know you didn't want any women in this movie but somebody has to clean up these dishes."

Sick burns fellow antifa, let's show those anonymous fellows what for.

>antifa
confirmed Sup Forums, they're all jerking off to berkeley these days

Why would you watch this shit when Rifftrax exists?

(You)

yeah, you'd definitely have to be baiting to think mst3k was anything but comedic genius, right?

I wouldn't ever associate with those hooligans fellow liberal minded user.
I'm all for the suppression for any opinion that differs from my own.

Is this a putdown? A joke? Gimme something to work with here...

(You) have to vocalize your opinion on EVERY subject or...?

Aw man now I miss Community again.

>be made fun of for using your shitty Sup Forums memes outside of Sup Forums
>OMG STOP SUPPRESSING MY OPINION I HAVE A RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH
yup, all of them. does that anger you?

Ah yes the left and it's very forward thinking.
I feel so enlightened now.
I will now use my altered perception of reality to suppress the truth and live in blissful ignorance.

>you can tell by the way im being made fun of in this Sup Forums thread that the other side of the political spectrum is completely dumb and wrong and mine is the objectively correct one. this is what's known as "intellectual honesty"

You did not go to college, did you?

How can you be honest when you don't know the truth that new mst3k sucks?

I did, why do you think I have such a superior world view fellow antifa?

but i never said it was good

>Felicia Day

It was already DOA

Oh okay, carry on then.

sure is a visible lack of minorities.......

Because your arguments are all baseless and name-calling based.

I think we see what we want to see.

In the original, Joel was shot into space by an evil corporation. In the new version, Jonah is a "good company man" who was kidnapped by evil scientists performing experiments because science is evil.

>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt

I don't know why it is so bad!

>he watches Rifftrax when MST3k exists

Joel is a shitbag for this. I mean he always sucked ass and is a shit comedian (fucking PROP COMIC) who just had a good idea.

This shit sucks ass.

Don't waste your time. Go for Rifftrax which has everyone that made MST3K great.

If only there were a way to research Dan Harmon and what he was writing for now......

What arguments? This is a supportive and friendly talk amongst like minded individuals.

ITT Tech is not "college."

>he thinks Mike > Joel

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW. Adults are talking.

Any mega links?

Pssh, University of Phoenix is where the 6 figures are made.

Is it better than tgwtg.com?

naw, it's pretty comfy. Different but comfy.

strawpoll.me/12773677
strawpoll.me/12773677
strawpoll.me/12773677

:|

>Jonah is a "good company man" who was kidnapped by evil scientists performing experiments because science is evil.

No, it's because they're greedy fucks who want to cash in on a cult nerd classic. It's part of the meta joke on the show's revival.

I sorta feel like it slowed down a bit. At least Beast of Hollow Mountain felt less jokeperminute than Reptilicus and Cry Wilderness.

everybody knows that he's making rick and morty now, that doesn't bring back community

OwO
Checked.

bro just turn off your brain bro

all this proves is that mike-fags will click any link on Sup Forums

joel fans are too smart

This is what I meant by "we see what we want to see."

Your argument only works if we ignore Jonah being a beloved employee and on the fast-track to promotion.

I did know that, but I also swear I saw his name in the writing credits of this show. It's not on IMDb so now I'm doubting everything, gotta go check Netflix again when I'm off work.

Mike is *literally* the reason everyone found the old show funny. He was head writer the entire time.

>arguing over head writers

I thought we were arguing over whose face was on TV

MST3K was only funny for the first 15 minutes. the premise is just shitty there is no way to make it good

Was all of mst3k scripted? I thought they just riffed the movie without any boundaries.

scripted

Dude the barbecue Dinosaur skit with the mads on Lost Continent was FUCKING HORRIBLE!

Hands down the worst 5 minutes of any mst3k ever.

>filling time
They can't all be winners. Even with that many writers I'l still heckle the movie on my own and occasionally get a laugh from friends.

The skits feel too polished, like they're on a talk show.

>Servo has always had a black guy voice
>hire a literal black guy to voice him
>he's one of those blacks with white-guy voice
Fucking why, he's almost identical to Jonah.

Either way, I'm a couple episodes in and I'm liking it. MST3K was never this super-good show that's put on a pedestal, it was special because it was unique, and it still maintains what made it charming and entertaining, even if the sets are too clean to achieve the full charm of the original. The new theme song is 10/10 tho, love it. That new tunnel is fantastic aswell.

Also, does anyone find the setup a bit complicated? What the hell was Jonah's actual job? He's like a space trucker or smuggler or something? It's a complete fucking nitpick, but Mike and Joel were literally a temp and a janitor, average guys not too different from the viewer, not some whatever Jonah is.

It was scripted but the fact that you had to ask that proves that old-MST3k is superior, it just feels like some buddies riffing on a movie for real instead of reading out a list of jokes they don't fully understand.

>>Servo has always had a black guy voice
What? Even Mighty Servo doesn't sound black

The Jonah part is pure happenstance, they kidnap a guy who happened to be passing by.

Mike IS better than Joel.

Kill urself my man

SPBP

Should've been the Tom Servo show. Everyone else can fuck off.