MIDWEEK MATCH THREAD

Because there's more than just the Champions League on tonight.

Tonight is about the bottom half of the Championship as every team from 14th downwards plays in what is becoming an incredibly tight battle for survival. Bottom and third from bottom meet at Oakwell with Barnsley hosting Burton, imploding second bottom Sunderland travel down the A1 to 20th placed Bolton while the other ex-PL crisis club Hull go the other way to 9th placed Middlesbrough. At the top, Aston Villa could return second with victory at home to Preston and Sheffield United would be 1 point from the play-offs if they beat QPR. In the other two divisions, Shrewsbury will return to the top of Europe's most difficult league (League 1) with victory at home to Gillingham, and Barnet will move off the bottom of League 2 if they benefit from Carlisle's 300-mile trip to London.

All games at 7:45pm UK time unless stated.

>Champonship
Aston Villa v Preston North End
Barnsley v Burton Albion
Brentford v Birmingham City
Middlesbrough v Hull City
Millwall v Sheffield Wednesday
Nottingham Forest v Reading
Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers
Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland (8:00pm)

>League 1
Fleetwood Town v Portsmouth
Shrewsbury Town v Gillingham

>League 2
Cambridge United v Notts County
Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City
Barnet v Carlisle United (8:00pm)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/19/sunderland-new-owner-chris-coleman-manager-fellow-strugglers-bolton
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

c'mon notlob, if anyone can fuck up against sunderland it's you

theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/19/sunderland-new-owner-chris-coleman-manager-fellow-strugglers-bolton

>“If you’re at a club like Sunderland where there’s exceptional passion and a lot of supporters, those fans need people here who care about the club as much as them,” Coleman said. “Therein lies a problem. Obviously Ellis wants to sell the club and they recognise that maybe his love for the club was yesterday. He wants to sell the club, that’s common knowledge, so until we get someone that wants to turn a corner with it and love it, care for it and look after it, you get the negativity. If the people here who do love the club don’t think you feel the same way, then there’s a problem. We know about all that and the anger and frustration from everybody. Myself, Martin and the players have to accept that. We’ll take that on the chin. But until we have a new owner with new ideas, we are where we are.”

lol

>burton will never fuck off

>Barnsleh

who's going down from the championship lads?

>(You)

>blunderland

POSITIVES

>blunderland

double relegation please

that goal was quite possibly one of the worst defended ever

>villel
wew

>blunderland concede due to a keeper fuckup
Is there any side with a worse selection of goalies than Camp, Ruiter and Steele?

>boro

THE BRAZILIAN SNODGRASS

>Evandro Goebel scoring
>City scoring from a short corner

Don't believe it

>and then aina
he did that against wolves earlier in the season

Oh fuck off City not that Sausage Boy

I thought Notts County were supposed to be good

Sunderland hopefully

>brum

THINGS

CAN ONLY GET BETTER

>conceding 3 to a Tony Pulis team
>Will Keane falling over

Have you not been listening to Adkins la? Will Keane is like a fucking new signing alright. Our saviour.

Just read that 334 City fans went to the Emptyside tonight.

That's fucking woeful.

Aye, one of the lads on Twitter pointed out the difference since our last midweek trip up to the Smog.

Not sure what Friday night's match will bring. One of my mates reckons the protests will be enough to get it abandoned but I can't see it.

>The absolute state of Birmingham

lol why did the new manager decide not play any strikers tonight

we're losing to millwall

admittedly it's because the defenders are shit but still

I'll be amazed if they stay up.

They're zombies.

Brentford playoff push

First boring season supporting Carlisle

How do perennially mid-table Premier League teams even keep fans interested

>+13 minutes injury time at Mi'waw because a Sheffield Wednesday player got smashed in the face

who /bottom of the league/ two seasons running?

while he had his head injury millwall scored as well lol

Blade here, I know what you're going through and you have my genuine sympathy. The word fraud is far too generous to this piece of shit for manager. He's the only former manager I have any resentful feelings towards.

Just remember that it can all be undone.

Cheers m8, enjoy Friday night

Still daren't say as much! Don't want to jinx it but would be a pleasure to earn him the sack if possible to free you from his tyrannical positivity.