What a travesty of a movie this was. Why on earth was it reviewed well?

What a travesty of a movie this was. Why on earth was it reviewed well?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0109830/awards
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6UYY6skKc
youtube.com/watch?v=DIoKr9VDg3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does he have a microdick or is it tucked?

It's a cool movie. Better than Jackson's snooze fest.

gorillas have a very low penis to body size ratio. big gorillas have an even lower penis to body size ratio.

what an incredibly low bar

Because it was good with some parts being even great. One of the best blockbusters of the year

Jacksons movie was good. It was good.

What should i compare it with then? It's not on the same ballpark as Godzilla movies.

What user, you don't like fun?

I think it's bad when compared with literally anything that isn't shit

But let me guess, that new Guardians of the Memexy flick looks great right?

It's perfectly entertaining for what it is. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't measure up to your delicate tastes.

I truly am sorry to hear that. Believe me.

it's a dumb b-movie creature feature that knew what it was and didn't try to be anything more. Nothing wrong with that

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it user

IT WAS FUCKEN GREAT YA DINGUS

>IT AINT ME STARTS PLAYING

BEST 3D IMAX MOVIE OF THE YEAR

I especially liked the part where the army guys went to vietnam and waded through chest high water

This movie was gorgoues on theaters, shame that Larson and Hiddleston can't act for shit

Peter Jackson's King Kong is the best King Kong film ever made. Fight me.

>expecting a good movie going in
>watch it
>it's fucking god awful, editing is trash
>its on par with Suicide Squad, bunch of colors and cool scenes with hit rock music
garbage

>a handful of helicopters fly from the boat
>suddently the gorilla is fighting a fucking swarm of helicopters

yeah, fuck off

also, the death of eli thompson was pants on head retarded. i almost burst out laughing. not only was it completly pointless, he exploded like a 10 metric shittons of tnt whereas he only had a couple of granades on himself.

also the design of dino monsters was terrible. the scene were loki fights tiny pterodactyls with a katana was laughtable. what a fucking mess of a flick. the cinematography in certain scenes was simply superb but absolutely everything besides that was irredeemable

it's """"""""""""""fun"""""""""""""""""""""

IF UR GONNA DO A VIETNAM MASHUP BETTER GET ALL THE CLICHES IN

10/10 SETTING, VIETNAM WILL NEVER NOT BE BASED

NICE DIGITS TROLL, SUICIDE SQUAD WAS LEGIT GARBAGE
FULL METAL KONG WAS AWESOME

No it wasn't.

Name another """""""""""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""'' movie and let your opinion be judged.

>big gorilla blowing up helicopters
>didn't once fly up

>trendy shots of indigenous people

>poison gas everywhere
>character puts on mask and swings sword around in it

Tfw they didn't just fucking call the movie King Viet-Kong

That song wasn't on the soundtrack. I was expecting it but it wasn't there. Don't make shit up.

Nope. Watch it again. It was a whole convoy of helicopters.

>trendy shots of indigenous people
KYS!

I watched it stoned and liked it, would have even felt like I got my money's worth if it wasn't for the fact that I ran out of soda before I finished my popcorn, so my lips were really dry during the last 40 minutes of the film.
Overall 6,5/10, would watch it again if it's already on the TV.

>the scene were loki fights tiny pterodactyls with a katana was laughtable
Literally better than the best action scene in your favourite capeshit

>APOCALYPSE KONG

IT WAS VERY CONSCIOUS AND WORKED GREAT, WE NEED MORE VIETNAM MONSTER ACTION FLICKS

>YFW PURPOSEFULLY AVOID USING IT AINT ME BECAUSE OF MEMES
THE #1 VIETNAM TRACK WAS CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT, LOL INTERNET

Also there was a funny close-up scene where Sam Jackson and the big monkey where staring eachother down really intense-like, but it just came off as "Ha! Look at the two monkey faces"

Yeah no. People don't pay attention to our garbage memes from two years ago. It's just an over-used song.

It's much better than the 2014 Godzilla movie

Honestly it had great photography and the monsters looked all cool, the humour was hit or miss and it dragged a little in the third act. Overall 7/10, 9/10 by blockbuster standards

It's better than Pacific Rim and Godzilla 98 too. Like that other guy said, it's a low bar.

WHY DO YOU THINK ITS A MEME

THIS MOVIE WENT FOR EVERY LAST VIETNAM CLICHE, BUT HAD TO HOLD BACK ON IT AINT ME :^)

*blocks your landscape*

Wow National Geographic-esque photograph, how trendy!

Fortunate Son was only notably used in Forrest Gump. It's been used in more Vietnam era based video games than movies.

You said it.

i was expecting shit. i enjoyed it for some odd reason lol. stupid movie though.

maybe because there was no forced love story, no stupid shit going on, and just some silly good action.

Adding to this, go ahead and watch all of the most well known Vietnam movies. You won't find Fortunate Son in any of them. It's just like the *freeze frame, record scratch* meme. People could swear they've seen it in so many movies but were hard pressed to find any actual examples.

Why is it an issue to you that a literal photo journalist is taking pictures like a photo journalist?

name one (1) popcorn flick from 2016 better than this one, i'll wait

ITS THE VIETNAM TRACK

ASK A PERSON ON THE STREET TO NAME A VIETNAM SONG: IT AINT ME

PARANOID started playing instead of IT AINT ME. still laughed my ass off.

Loved this movie. Great Vietnam flick to boot.

Your taste may be more suited to films like The Dark Knight Rises or Transformers or Fast & Furious

All Along the Watchtower.

See . It isn't. It's a combination of misremembering and conflating multiple movies.

the more i look into it the more retarded the whole sequence seems. there are a total of five helicopters on the boat with no place to land any more of them. in the subesequent scene there's at least 10 helicopters flying over the island. iirc there was only one boat, where did the additional helicopters come from?
and all that aside, the more helicopters the more inplausible the whole catastrophy becomes. i can see kong downing 4-5 helicopters flying in close formation and taken by surprise. but 10? couldnt at least some of them spread out or increase altitude out of his reach? he didnt even have to try hard

It's just funny how they make a point to check off all the boxes. This movie was designed by a committee.

Hacksaw ridge

has anybody ever interviewed the band about how they feel about having written a meme 50 years ago?

>Name another """""""""""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""'' movie and let your opinion be judged.
this year Power Rangers

>This movie was designed by a committee.
name one (1) movie with a budget higher than $50 million where this isn't true. I'll be here all day.

explain

It's from the Spielberg school of big budget spectacle filmmaking that I wholeheartedly agree with. It looks cool. If the nerds want to argue over realism, let them because no one else cares.

Love the design of those indigenous guys, the mandatory stronk girl should have been one of these instead of Brie "Bitch Face" Larson tbqh. Get Zaldana and paint numbers on her face ffs

NO ITS NOT, ITS WHATS BEEN ACCEPTED IN POPULAR CULTURE AS THE MUSICAL EMBODIMENT OF VIETNAM MEDIA, AND THATS WHY IT ABOVE ALL OTHERS IS THE MEME

>INB4 THE UNLISTENABLE DYLAN VERSION IS BETTER BECAUSE ITS THE ORIGINAL AND THE HENDRIX COVER IS JUST A FAUX-ART IMITATION

F8 OF THE F8R8S

My question is where the fuck did the boat go? They expected to come back for refueling 3 days later? What the fuck? You don't refuel on the boat with a literal landing pad on it? They definitely show a panned out shot of the convoy early on, it's a whole bunch of helis.

My point wasn't that it was, it's that it shows.

I'd actually never heard the song until I purposefully youtubed it after seeing it mentioned so many times in threads here. Most other normies are the same. It's a meme, not reality.

They don't suffer from terminal crippling autism and understood that people want to see Kong wrecking choppers, rightly so

You sound asspained for no reason.

>it's that it shows.
How

Nope. You're just a memester faggot. Fortunate Son was used in exactly one, count 'em, one movie that had a segment that took place in Vietnam. It Ain't Me has always been a garbage tier meme.

What the fuck, I'm not asspained at all I just like the design and hated Brie Larson in this flick

It's simple.

take away all of the parts of the movie that aren't cliche and let me know what's left

>^THEN^
Then up? Then go up? I don't get it.

the guy from step-brothers fought and seriously injured the nu-Trex with a katana, there's "cool" and theres "ok, that's just ridiculous"

>INB4 THE UNLISTENABLE DYLAN VERSION IS BETTER BECAUSE ITS THE ORIGINAL AND THE HENDRIX COVER IS JUST A FAUX-ART IMITATION
What kind of retarded faggot would think that

How many of you are in your early 20s and openly fight against enjoying things that are intentionally dumb because you think you're above it?

Because you're definitely not.

Can promise you atleast half the shitposters here eat up Disney's crap and end up enjoying it.

DO YOU MEAN THIS MOVIE THAT LAST DEFINED VIETNAM IN THE LATE 90S, AKA THE FORMATIVE PERIOD OF THE MEME GENERATION

imdb.com/title/tt0109830/awards
BEST PICTURE
BEST ACTOR
BEST DIRECTOR
BEST SCREENPLAY
BEST CGI

>IT AINT ME

A decent adventure flick about monsters, less military guys and the girl only

Most of Sup Forums is around 19. But yes, you're absolutely right.

Forrest Gump came out in 1994. Most of Sup Forums wasn't even born yet. Try again.

seems like one of those Memedela Effect cases

Some of the human characters were boring, but they brought the KONG, unlike Godzilla(2014). John C. Reilly was the best character, easily, and some of the action scenes were great campy fun. The universe was connected well too, and my hype for the next movies is basically at maximum.

>didn't get best soundtrack

>mfw the dinosaur at the boneyard convineintly pukes out the skull of the missing soldier WITH the dog-tag attached to it before the very guy most interested inabandoning the search for said person?

Exactly. Godzilla was weighted down with a horrible leading man and stupid relationship bullshit. Kong Skull Island got way more right than it got wrong. It wasted no time in showing what people wanted to see.

he just slashed its tail but didn't really hurt it

THE KIND OF RETARDED FAGGOT WHO THINKS PETER JACKSONS KONG IS BETTER THAN IT AINT ME KONG

IT WAS THE LAST DEFINING MOVIE ABOUT VIETNAM WITH THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON POPULAR CULTURE BY FAR

NOBODY WAS BORN WHEN FMJ PLATOON OR APOCALYPSE NOW CAME OUT

yfw this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6UYY6skKc

I would hardly call Forrest Gump a "Vietnam movie". Your memes are weak. No foundation to support them.

WHY ISN'T THIS MOVIE ABOUT A GIANT GORILLA LIVING ON AN ISLAND FULL OF MONSTERS GROUNDED IN REALITY!?!?!??!

how the fuck does that relate to what i said?

YOU'D BE WRONG BECAUSE VIETNAM IS THE FOUNDATIONAL AND MOST MEMORABLE PART OF THE MOVIE, IT SETS UP THE ENTIRE SUBPLOT ABOUT HIS BEST FRIEND THAT CONTINUES THROUGHOUT THE FILM

CHANCES OF AN AVERAGE PERSON ON THE STREET HAVING SEEN FORREST GUMP ARE INFINITELY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER MOVIE ABOUT VIETNAM

>VIETNAM?
>>IT AINT ME

literally gives me chills every time I see it. This shit was like my childhood, and these movies are totally going in the right direction.

>best friend

You better be referring to Bubba and not that piece of shit Lieutenant Dan.

you mean Sam Jackson didn't care about the daddy guy dying? of course not, it was all about Kong. Killing him was his new purpose since he felt all the shit he did at war was for nothing

listening to godzilla's scream in the theater literally made me spill some pre-cum.

GOAT Vietnam song coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=DIoKr9VDg3A

if shills, try harder
if reddit, kys's

The problem isn't his small penis, which is normal for great apes other than humans, the problem is that he has no balls.