I’m confused can somebody tell me how Nordic, Scandinavian, and Norse are different...

I’m confused can somebody tell me how Nordic, Scandinavian, and Norse are different? What’s the point of all these overlapping demonyms?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Finns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nordic: finland, sweden, norway, denmark, iceland, faroes (and estonia of course)
>scandinavia: denmark, sweden and norway
>norse: denmark, sweden, norway, iceland, faroes

greenland is sometimes included under nordic as well, but "nordic" is more used while referring to the northern countries of europe, and greenland is in north america.

Norse: Any cross flag but Finland
Scandi: NOR/DEN/SWE
Nordic: All cross flags
Fennoscandia: NOR/SWE/FIN
Baltoscandia: Baltic countries + Scandi + FIN

You forgot Estonia=/

stupid pic, lol

So Norse is an ethnic/cultural category while Scandinavian, Nordic ect are all geographic as well as cultural distinctions?
This shit needs to be streamlined

Damn Estonia.

It can't get more streamlined than that. Scandinavia ONLY refers to the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Norse refers to the north Germanic people of Scandinavia, including the areas they settled like Iceland and Faroe Islands.

"Nordic" is a fairly recent term and only refers to countries within the Nordic Council.

no you are just retarded

The term 'Scandinavian peninsula' also exists and one might bump into it in a text. In this case, it refers only to Norway and Sweden.

Don't scare him now

Why should Denmark be considered Scandinavian if it’s not connected to the rest of Scandinavia?
Shouldn’t it just be Nordic?

(you)

Scandinavia isn't a geographic thing. It's more like a cultural thing.

At one point in history we were all in one union, owned each others nations land, and have historically referred to ourselves as the "Three Brothers" or "The Scandinavian Brothers"

Scandinavia originally referred to the three kingdoms.
the name "scandinavian peninsula" is derived from that term, not the other way around.

daily reminder that Finland IS NOT nordic. we are baltic and the cross in our flag doesn't mean anything. f*nnosw*Doids forced us to put that cuckstamp on our flag

i wanna go back

You're not baltic since you're not balto-slavic. You have more in common with nordics than you do with baltics :^)

Denmark is not part of Scandi benisula

Hås estona even said they want to be a part of the gang? All I've seen is memeing finns

I never said that either.

Me taking picture

Sure, if Oslo gets to be de jure capital and norwegian land gets preferential treatment

Most of them are all the same, very racist, for example to Saami

We are not Baltic

"Nordic" is something you can argue about

fun pic

no one is racist to sami yet they insist on acting like special snowflakes and demand special rights.

They cause some of the racism themselves

Never met one irl but at least in internet/social media they whine about stupid things

>tried to practically breed and kill their culture and language
Figures a danenigger who don't have a single Sami tries to excuse our past with them

Nordic is a kind of an ethnic group I guess. Scandinavian is a culture. Finns were considered Baltic before Bolsheviks.

You took a good picture.

I'd much rather be considered Baltic desu

A good friend of mine from Kotka, Finland told me that Finland is another world within Europe. She said that when going to Estonia or Sweden, it feels like "Going to Europe".

>Kotka
why the hell would you live in the female cat?

You wanna fuck her, don't you?

Kotka is eagle in finnish

>not bringing up this

>it refers only to Norway and Sweden.

And a part of the Finnish Lapland

>She said that when going to Estonia or Sweden, it feels like "Going to Europe".
The fuck? Sweden is looks like a carbon copy of finland and Tallin reminds me a smaller version of helsinki.

You can say that about all the countries on the Scandinavian peninsula (though more so for Finland and Norway, probably due to the low population and lack of connection to mainland Europe).
Finland isn't as unique as your friend says tho, it feels a bit like a Sweden where you can't understand anyone.

t. lived in Finland

Already did, friend

Why?

*Lebensraum intensifies*

Naturally ;)

Probably comes from a 'forest Finn' family.

>a 'forest Finn' family.
So she's a swede then? Wouldn't change anything tbqh, countryside sweden looks literally the same as here

I would post a pic, but....
Jante's law
y'know

Not op
I thought FF people were the autistic people that live by themselves in the woods. Sort of like our rednecks.

Of course!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Finns

No they were ethnic Finns that started to populate the uninhabited areas of Sweden proper and some places in eastern Norway during the little ice age.

Well boo hoo that doesn't make us Baltic

No matter how many threads you keep spamming

>were considered

But that doesn't mean we are

its true; in human language 'kot' is cat, and 'kotka' is female cat(not pussy, that is 'cipa', lurk moar, pervert). finland cannot have a town name using Polish language, as that is cultural appropriation. therefore, pay us gibs or we will consider it an act of war

Finland swedes are easy to understand for me. And I hear they have an easy time understanding people from Norway.

>Polish began to emerge as a distinct language around the 10th century,
>The Finnic languages evolved from the Proto-Finnic language after Sámi was separated from it around 1500–1000 BCE
It was you who copied us. WE WUZ

Sup Forums told me finns were not nords

we're finns

Polish naval blockade or Helsinki when?

oh ok is it like how brits are always switching between being europeon and not being europeon?

Not really, brits are european.

wait, which ones are white

i thought someone said r1b was, but the rate is way too high in spain, france and italy for that.

Hold on a second.
We have a history of trying to eradicate their language and culture through "Norwegian only" schools, where Sami language and culture was banned.
Sami people that wanted to own land had to change their last name to something Norwegian.
List goes on.

I1 is the only truly white one and Finland has alot of it

I mean we wouldn't mind to be a part of it

I'm pretty sure I covered this.
>Owned each others lands

It isn't memeing. Besides their russhit population, estonians are finns

>whiteness cannot be determined by haplogroups

Estonia and Sweden are more "europe-like" because they actually have cities with some history behind them. We only have two of them. Just pick a random town in Sweden and it has more history than 90% of our towns. Most of our towns were built around the same time when people started moving to cities to work in factories and shit.

no one uses "scandinavian peninsula" though.

Norse means Norway only back in the old days

Thanks

>no one
It's literally used in OP's pic. Stop assuming that no one can see that word anywhere and can't use an explanation of what it means just because you personally don't use it.

No, it refers to all of Scandiavia back in the old days, look it up

Why did it go from Thule (Greek name of scandi) to nords? English influence?

Everyone up here feels apart from the real Europe. You'll often hear phrases like "over on the continent" or "down in Europe" and the word "European" has a very foreign ring to it.

Why are you guys all pretending to be retarded?