What's the appeal of films like this?

what's the appeal of films like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
youtube.com/watch?v=H5gmCbglp1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Im nostalgic for the 80s even though I wasn't even born then

Over the top parody, to the point it almost becomes a parody of parodies. It's one of two reactions to all movies making fun of their own tropes, either you take it even further, or you go back in the other direction and make everything sincere and serious again.

It's reddit shit but true survivor was a pretty catchy song t b q h

DUDE
80s
LMAO

it wasn't even a decent parody though, and to top it off the shitty vhs filter was garbage

>born in 1970
>nostalgic for 80s
>listen to OutRun, Synth-wave (whatever)
>I'm fine with 80s aesthetics rebirth (rehash?)

King Fury is still garbage.

Kung*
my bad, pls no downvote

I don't know, I don't think there is any real appeal. It's just a half-assed joke movie loosely based on 80's garbage. Are there even other movies like it? I thought it was just a one-off that people got way too hyped up about.

I really enjoyed it. Along with Kung Pow, Sharknado, MegaShark vs Octupus, Sharkzilla vs Sharkenstein, Machete.

It's for people who enjoy fun films, not sad fucks who wank over pretentious arthouse flicks

>81779453
not even worth a (you)

just fun c movies to watch when you're drunk with your friends
not that any of you incel shut in autists know anything about it

it just tried too hard to be *hey random 80s reference* and half it's jokes were already done better on danger 5.

The most absolute reddittest thing ever made. Made purely for the meme of it. At least you can spot the plebbiest of plebs when someone claims to have liked this "movie".
>dude its just a parody lmao just turn off your brain bro its stupid on purpose lmao

This. Sup Forums snobposters forgot how to have fun, it's why they are so jaded!
Not every movie has to be some deep kino.
At least Kung Fury isn't trying to be compared to films like Antichrist and Neon Demon which a lot of you will cum all over because of Trier and Refn.

The worst part of all is that idiots are saying it genuinely looks like the 80s, even though all it does is put shitty synth sounds and a forced vhs filter that only makes everything blurry and green/pink. It doesn't look like an actual VHS at all and it doesn't look like something actually made in the 80s at all.
And much like Ghostbusters used the mysoginy card, this one uses the parody/satire card to avoid criticism.
But I guess it was just made for the normies, who laugh at facebook jokes.

REEEEE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME URE DUPID

I CULTURED user I WATCH 4 HOUR FRENCH FLICK OF MAN PEELING SATSUMA WOW MUCH CULTURE WOW URE SO EDGY AND COOL user

>dude its just a parody lmao just turn off your brain bro its stupid on purpose lmao
You can use as many meme arrows as you want, this is unironically true

That was one of my biggest complaints too. That shitty filter looked nothing like an actual VHS, making it seem like this movie was made by people who never even owned a VHS player or rented old worm out films from the local video store that they're desperately trying to emulate the look of.

>81779829
you're just trying too hard now

I was born in mid 90s and I grew up watching 80s action films

I don't see what's so surprising about that.

What did you think of Kung Fury? Did you find it nostalgic? Or did it look like something made by someone who has no clue what 80s movies were like?

For the enjoyment of it. It was pretty well made for a one-off Youtube thing.

But it came out after so many others had done it better.

I prefer actual movies from the 80s. I believe it's impossible to make a "80s film" these days. You can recreate that magic. And I believe it's not limited to this decade. Black Dynamite is a fine film, but not really a 70s blaxploitation film

That said, I think Kung Fury is harmless, it's not good but I don't hate it. And, it gave us hasselhoff singing again.

The most reddit movie ever made

You need to acquire more levels of irony in order to enjoy films like this and Officer Downe.

If you cannot enjoy Kung Fury, you are the worst kind of scrub.

Dat mitch murder OST though

Mitch is a genius. I think that no one recreates the sound of that time as good as him.
Redoing Enter the Fury and giving it to Hoff was amazing.The song was great, but, it would have been worth millions in 80s proper.

David Hasselhoff
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

This. Its not an 80s nostalgia movie, its an 80s nostalgia nostalgia parody/synthwave movie.
But since 90% of Sup Forumss parents were still kids in the 80s it makes sense that you plebitors would be confused.

Not him, but same situation. I thought it was just a post-ironic over the top parody of how younger people view the the 80's nowadays. It's not meant to directly mimic movies from that era.

I'd say the movie was worth it just for this gem.

Basically what this guy said. Kung Fury didn't make me laugh but I can appreciate the effort these guys put into it.

The appeal of it was that it was only like half an hour. Maybe watching Danger 5's second season and Turbo kid around the same time made it seem even worse as an 80's parody than it actually was, but it still just tries way too hard in all the wrong ways

I wouldn't even call this reddit-tier.

This shit was 2004-era live journal tier.

It's like they took the writings of a 14 year old emo kid who thinks he's funny because some emo slut said "rawr XD" on his Gaia online profile and made a movie out of it

>There are people in this thread that think Kung Fury is a throwback to the 80s
If you dont at least appreciate it, you dont live behind the required levels of irony
>or live behind too many

So many words to explain why something that should be comedy is not funny. At all. In any given moment.
Reddit loves it. You love it. I am not surprised.

Or maybe just maybe you have just realized you have poor taste and you are trying to damage control the shit out of your posts. Kung Fury is bad, even as a parody or whatever it's supposed to be.

its a meme

I'm sorry that concurrent thoughts anger and confuse you.

My issue with Sharknado is they're purposefully trying to be dumb and shallow. It's very different from Troms movies, which are usually a horror film first and foremost before it gets into silly shit. Sharknado is more of a dilution of the B-movie concept for people who aren't into much horror or b-movies.

Still, they're usually fun regardless of the intent

All they do is put some shitty attempt at a VHS look with a cheap filter these days and it will trick any pleb into thinking it's so 80s/90s nostalgic. Even if it's bad on purpose it's still bad by the way.

It was 2005 random internet humor about a decade late

It was funny for a while but is way too long.

You would never be able to provoke anger in anyone but your devastated parents.

Confusion is more probable, but about the point of your very existence.

A bit like The Boss Baby, then?

Pretty much this. Trailer was good but they milked it for too long. And it was way too long from start to delivery which made it lose its novelty.

>So many words
Literally 14 words comprise the "explanation," you illiterate mouth breathing millennial piece of human sputum.

Jesus man, how invested are you in your hatred of this short?

The main character is an asshole, why did he kill those 2 friendly and probably unarmed nazis that were just minding their own business?
Also making the enemy literally Hitler is very cheap.
>let's just pick someone who everyone already hates so that neither him nor the hero need any kind of character development
And why did they bother making it """""""80s"""""""" if it takes place in the 40's anyway? Notice that it's not even the 50s, the decade the 80s loved so much.

This post gave me autism.

haha that sure showed him, have this upvote good sir :)

It's fun.

Every now and then I love some ironic trash Films
youtube.com/watch?v=H5gmCbglp1M

Not as much as in meaningless thrashing on the internet. Pretty much like this raging sperg

The Hoff was the only redeeming part, and looked like he was actually trying compared to the rest of the drivel.