Why every weaaboo dream of to living in Japan and Tokyo?

Why every weaaboo dream of to living in Japan and Tokyo?

Why weeaboo love the Tokyo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCx4I4Fk5FE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5023101/Japanese-girl-says-school-forced-dye-hair-black-sues-govt-media.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Kyoto.

Because a certain Tokyo area is otaku friendly.

Akihabara
It's like Black Cube for muslims.

To attend a Japanese high school

Not a weeb but Tokyo is great.
I would love to live in a big city like this where everything is within reach

If you enjoy the metropolitan life there's zero cities that can be compared with Tokyo.

They think Tokyo is the only description of Japan
The city is also more international than Japanese. So there's a connection

What about Shanghai?

>more international than Japanese

Many people prefers Kyoto, especially non anime samurai-ninja type weaboo

not even close because there's we have huge gaps of shitty places and just nothing in between one part of city and another, the closest city I can think is Hong Kong.

>If you enjoy the metropolitan life there's zero cities that can be compared with Tokyo
>flag

And Chongqing? Chongqing looks pretty comfy in some of the pictures.

not everyone is only able to afford to travel to one country in their whole life Nicolas.

It depends on what you define as "comfy".

To me, a "metropolitan" life style means convenience stores packed with almost everything you need on every corner, clean and high-tech infrastructure, and being able to reach all the places you need within 30 minutes of travel time on public commute (fuck driving in metropolis because it's always impossible and expensive as fuck to park).

I personally haven't lived in Chongqing but then again I really couldn't see myself living in any Chinese cities that aren't Shanghai, Shenzhen or Hong Kong (i.e. tier A china cities), it's good for a visit because like many tier B cities it has a healthy mix of traditional buildings and modern structures so they could be pleasing to an outsider aesthetically.

>being able to reach all the places you need within 30 minutes of travel time on public commute
This is definitely not Tokyo though. A girl I spoke with had to commute 1.5 hours each day from her place in the outskirts of the metropolitan area to her university in the centre of Tokyo.

Weabu can't process reality.

well that's why you don't live in the outskirts unless you are poor as fuck.

I have the same problem too back when I was a retard and thought renting a place in Zone 6 will allow me to reach Zone 1 in 30 minutes every day.

renting a place in London's Zone 6*

You can't live within a reasonable distance of your work in Tokyo unless you're really rich

or if your company rents out a place for you, I am in a rare case where both exceptions apply.

So you're a laowai living in Shanghai, right?
How do you like it? Could you recommend it? And how is your Mandarin?

I am actually native Chinese, just born and raised in a very western environment.

I am currently working in Shanghai at the moment, although their wages are quite low (internationally) you can live very comfortably there as almost everything is priced at half of what it will cost in a typical European city.

Just make sure you rent a good place if you can afford though, I can't complain about my current apartment because it's "free" and it's like 5 minutes bicycle distance from where I work, they tend to have thinner walls in order to accommodate more people and as someone who can't stand noises from my neighbors it drives me nuts to hear my neighbor snores at night.

I see.
How do you think Shanghai is to live in for a whitoid? It seems to me I'd get completely screwed by both the people and the system, Taipei seems much nicer for foreigners.

Tokyo has Akihabara, as others have mentioned.

Personally Osaka seems comfiest but I've never visited.

Kyoto is comfy af

Even Osaka is better than Tokyo but Kyoto a best

to be honest a lot of stuffs has changed over the past 10-something years and the people I met and work with are actually pretty decent and pleasant, even people like taxi drivers who you will probably never meet again in your life.

This is all thanks to a big daddy like system of phone apps which you will use for almost every aspect of your life, the 2 dominant apps will be used by literally everyone, even the little village woman who sells fruit on the streets, you can't get cheated unless you walk into a very obvious trap, these 2 apps make it so that everyone acts honestly in general so they won't get fuck over by getting negative ratings for those 2 apps.

It will not go into details and will just say it's a bitch to start living in here as a foreigner, if you are looking for hassle-free and general "comfy"-ness Taipei trumps all China cities purely in that aspect.

You guys should come here, we have anime everywhere except everything is also in English too.

Hiroshima is the single /comfiest/ city in Japan in my opinion. After the nuke it was designed with large parks and expansive public transportations. People are chill. It is just overall /pleasant/.

All depends on what you want out of a city though.

Most weebs are soulless bugmen who want to go to a place where they can pay money to consume their often puerile young adult-tiered mythology and stories though so Tokyo is a popular pick because it has an entire prefecture dedicated to weeb shit.

That's not all Tokyo has to offer though - it's a global hub. It just feels more /alive/ than other cities in a way that's hard to describe. Even if you can't speak the language or really understand what's going on, like I couldn't, you can at the core of your bones /feel/ it. Osaka is a lot like Tokyo in terms of pure consumerism - if you have wads of cash to blow buying shit and eating out, Osaka might even be a better place than Tokyo.

hong kong shouldn't have destroyed the kowloong castle, that was a hell of a tourist attraction

我很喜歡舒服的地址。
我在京都住過半年了。在哪兒我過了很愉快的時光。
將來我想回來亞洲,但我還沒決定我想住在台灣還是某個其他的日本的地方。還有,我日語已經說的不錯,但我漢語還說的根本不好。
I lived in Kyoto and I've been to both Tokyo and Osaka multiple times. I could live in any of them tbqh. I would definitely recommend Kyoto, but now that I've already lived there I would find it really hard if I had to choose between Osaka and Tokyo.

I live in Tokyo
This is more comfortable than you think
I can go to Akihabara and Tokyo sky tree by bicycle in 20 min

youtube.com/watch?v=cCx4I4Fk5FE
Walking around Tokyo at night is really comfy. Only thing is that if you're still in the centre once the public transport shuts down around 11:30, you have to take a really expensive cab back home.

t. arakawa-ku dweller

IDK about people from normal first world countries, but I just love big ''concrete jungle'' cities. Walking around NYC made Tel Aviv feel like a remote village, and Tokyo is even bigger and fancier.

According to statistics, Tokyo is preferred by rich chinese and poor westerners. Kyoto, Hiroshima, Kanazawa are preferred by rich westerners. Osaka is preferred by Asians. Kyushu is preferred by poor asians (it's closest to mainland China and Korea.) Hokkaido is preferred by everyone.

>dweller
No, I live Koto-ku
Here is Toyosu with skyscraper, and Tokyo Big Sight
And where do you live?
Is it the Gujo-gu?

I admire Japan's development and standards of living, but man everything is fucking strict and the expectations are fucking high. If I had unlimited money I'd have no problems living there and being a NEET.

literally all of Japan looks like it's stuck in 1995, it's a bit sad

I wish the financial crisis hadn't hit them so hard

Hong Kong is the best city I've ever been to! Please let me in!!

That type of house structure is really popular here and in japan ha.The only difference is that in japan it is filled with modern infrastructure

Pic?

It has nothing to do with the financial crisis. It has to do with baby boomers growing too old to adapt to changes, and the younger generations not being with enough people to keep renewing the country in spite of the baby boomers.

lmao sure

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

The lost decade is quite some time ago by now. You'd think they would be building new stuff again if that were the reason.

Oshima?

>Osaka
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5023101/Japanese-girl-says-school-forced-dye-hair-black-sues-govt-media.html

I don't see the problem with dyeing my children's hair if the school wants me to.

I would love to live in japanese countryside

this desu famalam

Still better than the shoeboxes from 1950 brits live in.

What do you suggest them to do? add high inflammable coatings on the outside?

Osaka was fairly comfy when I visited. Boring compared to other cities especially with kyoto right next door. I visited Namba like every night there.

I hate Japan. I like anime but fuck Japan. They bombed pearl harbor, remember?

pearl harbor was a bad harbor

You bombed pear harbor to spit on america. America spits on nagasaki and hiroshima in retaliation. Everybody hate america now. Japan started it, for no reason.

no pearl harbor, no anime, deal with it

Japanese cities are clean and shopping districts are a short walk away or are easily accessible by public transport. American cities are shit. Our politicians are shit. Our police terrify us unlike polite Japanese policeman who aren't wearing black vests and AR-15s. It doesn't need to be Tokyo or Chiba, it can be Osaka, Kyoto or Hiroshima.

Even living in a traditional Japanese house is nice.

America kinda deserved it though. We should have not pestered Japan with our Imperialist ambitions. Japan had rightly feared the US, Great Britain, and France would continue to expand and eventually carve up their small island nation. So they were spurred to create their own empire to stand in the way of the Western powers.

why foreign people love kyoto so
it's just old city
i hope we modernize the city more

Because old buildings look better than new ones

Kyoto is a modern city, English teacher.

You have never been to the Pearl Harbor war memorial hall, do you?
You ought to go once.

The director of the memorial hall love Japan.
The exhibition was an exhibit that admires how excellent the Japanese attacks were.
It exhibits in detail the attacks of military facilities efficiently without attacking civilians.
It is an exhibition that the United States invented a method of fighting with Japan after referring to this attack method.
I knew for the first time that the United States was a country that praised opponents who were beaten.

You are an immigrant from that country anyway, it is natural that you hate Japan

A lot of weebs like Japan mainly because of anime. So naturally they want to go to the city that appeals to them the most. Most never get to move there anyways so it probably doesn't matter that much.

Kyoto is very nice, yes.

>the radiation mutated the eternal nip's brain into a pleasant human being
Well what did you expect?