Barca being happy with 1-1 in a first leg

>Barca being happy with 1-1 in a first leg

In the second leg in the ro16 last season the average goals per game was 3.75

In all Chelsea vs Barcelona's knockout round second legs since Abramovich the scores in the second leg have been 2-2, 1-1, 1-1, 4-2 (to Chelsea). At just the Camp Nou second legs it's been 2-2 and 1-1.

Barca have never outscored post-Abramovich Chelsea in second leg. They've never got against Chelsea a draw less than 1-1 that they need to get through this round either.

Obviously things can change but there's zero reason to be happy due to a belief that Barca "can get a better result in the Camp Nou" than they got at Stamford Bridge tonight because they've never managed it before.

This was a slightly better result for Chelsea. Not many away goals conceded and Nou Camp difficulty is overhyped and usually score draws.

>tl;dr plenty of goals happen in second legs and Barca have never outscored Chelsea before in one or kept a 0-0

>Barca being happy with an away goal and a lead in the tie
generally that's how it works, yes

>reads for 2 seconds
>America attention span

>being a fan of a rich club that plays like a poor club who needs to park the bus
Lewis you filthy nog

It's like a plague.

>a bunch of conjecture based on past results
Ah yes, thrilling and accurate. Tell me, did Messi fail to score again today? Based on your rationale, seeing as how he averaged 0.0 goals against them before, no way he'll manage it now.

Good posts

Might as well bring mou back or hire Pulis
>being that rich and playing disgusting football some filthy londoner defends
ewww

>all this screed
>butthurt so much

The tie is already over. This 2018 chelshit cannot score 2 goals at camp nou without expose themselves defensively and get smashed by messi and suarez. You should watch Conte´s loser-face after 1-1 and stop doing mental gymnastics using games and scores from 6 years and more ago. Holy kek.

They don’t need to score 2

I'm upset though, because barca created no chances and one defensive mistake cost the clean sheet

It's not conjecture. The idea that "The Camp Nou will be so hard for Chelsea wew" is the conjecture, the stats show there's no basis for that conjecture and so no reason to hype it in Barca's favour just because "it's the Camp Nou it's so tough and not many goals there".

>the stats show there's no basis for that conjecture
Your stats also show that there's no basis for Messi scoring today. How'd that one go?

Maybe instead of trying to predict results based on games that happened half a decade ago you can just watch the games and see what happens like everyone else, okay?

Damn you really love sucking messi's cock.

>Barça being happy with 1-1

Barça ALWAYS advanced to QF after a 1-1 away in the first leg of round of 16
Barça has won 85% of ties in QF with a 1-1 away in the first leg

I don't really care about Messi, or Chelsea. I just think the entire idea of this thread is laughable, because the OP is using ancient games to extrapolate some sort of result in 2018, games that already differ from the current tie in that Messi has scored. It's cool that you feel the need to simplify my argument down to "hurr Messi lol", but you're not really correct.

>ALWAYS
>85%
>

According to this thread's OP, something having a good enough chance of happening means it will happen, guaranteed.

Mistaken you for the other yank who was a messifag. However the op has a point, because I think there is a chance that Chelsea wins at canp nou due to barca underestimating them.

I did the math a while back and since 2000, teams that had score 50% of away goals (i.e if the home team scores 2 you score 1, if they score 4 and you score 2) or more you have about an 80% chance of going thorough. I wouldn't say always but It's very likely now

America 1
Disgusting muzzie 0

That's not really his point, though. It's fair to say that maybe Barca will ease up after getting this result, but the OP's point is literally that "Chelsea played like this against Barca in the past, so therefore they will do the same now!". Football doesn't work like that.

Absolute state

Barcelona never had a 1-1 away in the first leg of SF in Champions league.

this

Oh I didn't actually read all of your post lel

That's interesting, feels intuitively correct as well. Wonder how much of that is from the fact that the away side for the first leg is typically the stronger one, being the one that topped their group, and how much it would be if the teams were more equal

You're missing the point. The claim that is being made by people and pundits is that things are in Barcelona's favour because the Nou Camp is difficult. My post is that there's no evidence to say it's difficult for Chelsea, so there's no reason for them to be happy. That it's slightly in Chelsea's favour is the conjecture, but then that's it, if you accept that past results might give indications to future results then you accept things should be marginally in Chelsea's favour based on what I presented, if you don't belief past results influence at all then both teams should be feeling neutral.

You're claiming past results have no influence and so should be discarded, therefore the 1-1 draw of this tie has no influence on the second leg either under that hypothesis (afterall first legs don't determine second legs, tons of second leg victories from first leg deficits etc etc). So the fact that Barca have no reason to be "happier" is still true. If you want to introduce statistical conditions like "having a first leg aggregate lead makes it more likely they'll win the second" then you have to accept other genuine facts like second legs have plenty of goals are relevant to counteract that benefit.

Barca never get a result in the second leg that would take them through now on this occasion so why should they or their fans claim to be happier? They should be either concerned because they believe in the relevance of those stats or feeling neutral because they don't.

>there's no reason for them to be happy.
winning 1-1 with the away goal isn't a reason?
Get fucked, user. On another day, Willian would have scored a hat trick, but instead he only got 1 goal tonight, and then Christensen gave them the match. I'd be more than happy if I was a Barcelona fan.

So having an away goal advantage is a reason to be happy but always conceding the same or more goals in the second leg isn't a reason to be concerned?

>Willian would have scored a hat trick, but instead he only got 1 goal tonight, and then Christensen gave them the match

Yeah, happy things weren't worse for them than it was, but not happy with the score on its own terms in the context of what it means they'll have to do in the second leg, which is what people are implying they should be.