What other players completely collapsed in one season? Pujols fell apart the instant he left St Louis

What other players completely collapsed in one season? Pujols fell apart the instant he left St Louis.

His first year with the Angels was fine you weaboo

Didn’t it take him like a month to get 1 home run.

Josh Hamilton

too soon

>weaboo
K. And, no, it wasn't. Not by his standards.

Dakota Prescott

He went 9-7 with a pretty bad defense and his stats were still solid. Relax.

James Shields.

He went from 4 WAR the previous year to 3.6 That's hardly an abominable year.

The year before was his worst year ever and he set career lows in every category his first year in LA. It was an OK year for anyone else, but clearly the beginning of the end for him and easily his worst year as a pro up to that point.

Ubaldo jimenez

he was a student of the game for the first half of this career

Dontrelle Willis

Oh shit, I forgot about the D-Train. He imploded with a quickness.

Derrick Turnbow

>goes to a real league
>sucks

to be fair he's 42 years old now.

Dale Murphy fell off hard when he turned 32.

Reminder that the Angels are paying Albert Pujols $30 Million

...in 2021

At least they finally have Hamilton and CJ Wilson off the books. Jesus, at one point they had Vernon Wells too.

Is it legal to put together a buyout that would stretch the tax hit out and lower the annual cost? I have to believe if he doesn't put up an acceptable season in 2018 they are going to move on.

They would have to work something out with Albert, I doubt he cares too much about the tax hit since he's made over 200 million already

Like a Bobby Bonilla contract?

you can do whatever you want with the money you owe a player, but it will count against their luxury tax calculations at whatever he was signed for originally no matter what