Great little cut back for messi's goal earlier. most players would have gone for the shot on goal

great little cut back for messi's goal earlier. most players would have gone for the shot on goal

one of the best midfielders ever, barca will struggle to replace him. only candidates are verratti and de bruyne imo

Busquets is better

>barca will struggle to replace him
sweetie...

he was pretty poor today 2bh

Yes, but overall he's better

>Verratti
end this meme

completely different players, both great

i haven't watched a full match with him. is he good enough? it's a big step up

literally who

The best defensive midfielder of all time

>is he good enough?
he's good, very versatile, not sure if he can look so good in european leagues

>overratti

He's good but not even close to Iniesta tier. THat's ok tho, Iniesta is one of the best of all time.

Yeah. He's the best pause non-enganche midfielder I've seen. Probably the biggest of all of these beast midfielders Barca's been having since 2007-08.

Nice blogpost! Liked, upvoted, friended, retweeted, reposted, reblogged, shared!

>he rates biscuits

He's been probably the best midfielder in the world this season behind only maybe De Bruyne and Messi if you count him

in what way is he better

Have you seen them play? Busquets his passing is impeccable. He has the ability to perfectly place the ball across the field in just the right way so you don't even need to think once you receive it

>comparing a central midfielder (aka le intercept and short pass man) with a pause non-enganche midfielder (aka le hold the ball, dribble, risky pass and run man)

>le
fuck off

So you're saying I'm not allowed to say Messi is better than Andre Gomes because they play a different position?

No. My point -though poorly phrased- was highlighting the difference between player types.

>>le
>fuck off
fuck off

I rate busquets when everybody hates on him he has been a top 5 midfielder in the world no doubt since 2010.

but even I dont rate him this high

Everybody is talking about Messi's goal but actually it belongs to Iniesta in a 90%.
Outstanding player, I can't imagine how he would be considered if instead a 2 goal per season midfielder, he scores 15.

the closest player to him is sergi roberto imo

just lacking with end product

>90% Iniesta
It was 90% Christensen

I can agree if you say 50%, but not 90%. Iniesta still had a lot to do, he might have scored if he went for the shot but it wasn't likely. A great midfielder excels in decision making and Iniesta not only was composed enough to choose the best course of action but also delivered the pass so accurately that even a choker of messi's caliber could finish it cleanly.

I can't understand why is it so hard for some people to recognize Iniesta's genius. The man is a fucking clutch monster, you can always count on him when the going gets tough. Also, let's not forget he's stuck in a midfield with Paulinho and Rakitic, whose creativity are pretty much zero. He's nearly 34, he's supposed to have better players around him now to share the burden and instead he's being asked to do more than ever and he still finds a way. While this Barcelona obviously isn't good enough to win the CL Iniesta's feats are still commendable. Fuck you all, Iniesta is the GOAT midfielder

>Brazilian saying a non-Brazilian is the GOAT something
Well that's new

Agree. Players in order of importance for Barca: Messi>Xavi>Busquets>Alves>Iniesta

>Sup Forums is full of underaged mongs
I feel fucking horrible

>one of best league season in Barcelona history so far
>its all Iniesta while Messi chokes

You lot have really gone off the fucking deep end since 2014 havent you? I find it hilarious that Barcelona got better after selling Brazils best player

Only thing of note he did all game, barca were painfully average and wouldnt have equalised if fabregas hadnt spilled spaghetti for no reason. Iniesta also looks about 60yr old

I wouldnt rate him unless he had a stellar season at a smaller la liga club. Look at a meme like Lo Celso at PSG. Everyone rated him in the Argentine league and he was exposed badly against Halal

probably the first match he ever played as a DM in his life, plus it was away vs halal, shit was suicide

Isnt that his natural position? He's been a CM for PSG this season iirc

He played as 10 in rosario central, in ligue 1 psg plays draxler, pastore and di maria as cms too, doesn't mean they can play as dm.
He still played a couple of great trough balls, but suffered inmensely when pressured, seemed lost in the pitch, after meunier came on he played left mid in a 442 and looked better.
I rate him desu.

>most players would have gone for the shot on goal

Because Iniesta is bad at shooting. Yes he scored a trophy winning goal. Like Eder but he is observably terrible at scoring. This is like when people praise Ozil's awareness in the box. He's only that aware because he knows he's shit at one of the core skills of the game.

Iniesta is high tier, but lucky to have a major weakness so comprehensively covered by teammates

More important to Barcelona's tactics? definitely, but not a better player than Iniesta.

suarez yellow for dive, free kick to chokeski

Top 5 player of this generation. Won everything that can be won. The player every coach in the world would want in his team.

lol, toni kroos has a probably more impressive cv and he is like 5 years younger and not a balding midget.

Accounting for refball and playing in a noncompetitive league Iniesta is roughly on par with the likes of Xabi Alonso and Pirlo and no one claims they are top 5

Neymar is a fuckin cunt, the worst 10 in this country's history

De Bruyne would be so fucking good at barca

>toni kroos has a probably more impressive cv
lmao irl

>roughly on par with the likes of Xabi Alonso and Pirlo

Yeah. And those are wonderful, legendary players. No shame to be in that bracket. At the end of the day that generation ranking has to be

>Those Two
>powergap
>Ibra
>everyone else

>most players would have gone for the shot on goal
not when Messi's on the pitch they wouldn't.

who

Except that Barcelona didn't get better. If Dembele lives up to the hype and if Coutinho can adapt to their style then next season they might be better, but not in this one. Barcelona under Lucho faced the same problems as they're facing now: lots of possession and zero creativity. Nerman, Messi and Iniesta were the ones responsible for creating everything and now without Nerman it falls back on the other two. You're not wrong in saying that this is one of Barcelona's best league seasons ever but if you believe they're playing well you haven't been paying attention. What you saw against Chelsea wasn't a bad game, that's Barcelona's current level and it won't get any better.

genuinely top bloke too

absolutely, but the iniesta dickriding is more tiring than watching uefalona build up an attack. This top 5 and better than zidane nonsense needs to stop

has less titles but did it in multiple leagues + b2b cl is quite a feat. Will probably add another WC this year. Guy just turned 28

le fuck off

Isn't Roberto a fullback? Correct me if I'm wrong, the only things I know about Spanish footy I learned from fifa.

Anyone who doesn't rate Iniesta as one of the greatest midfielders of this generation needs to seriously seek medical attention.