Just finished watching Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me, and The Missing Pieces. What did I think of it?

Just finished watching Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me, and The Missing Pieces. What did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whoah user, are you me? Literally just watched the whole thing for the first time over like 4 days
although I haven't seen missing pieces yet - do you recommend?

You thought it was absolute Kino.

Now, you can't wait for season three!

I haven't seen The Missing Pieces, but I hated Fire Walk With Me. Should I bother?

Nice trips.

You loved season 1. You hated season 2 after the mystery was solved, but you have a soft spot for the Super Nadine storyline and you can't explain why. You enjoyed Fire Walk With Me but didn't correctly regard it as kino and you wish they made a version with The Missing Pieces edited back in.

You pleb.

>you wish they made a version with The Missing Pieces edited back in

This actually exists, you know

I would recommend a fan edit by "Q2" who edited almost all of the Missing Pieces back into the movie, makes it a lot better. Although I haven't actually seen "The Missing Pieces" on its own, it is a bunch of deleted scenes strung together, whereas the edit of FWWM works really well and is basically the movie as outlined in the shooting script. I really love that version of the movie.

t. Showtime

Maybe see my first reply

>You enjoyed Fire Walk With Me but didn't correctly regard it as kino and you wish they made a version with The Missing Pieces edited back in.
You too. It was true kino.

>fire walk with me
>missing pieces
are these worth a watch? just finished S1 and S2

i do recommend The Missing Pieces if you liked FWWM since a lot of it is extended scenes and other stuff that would have fit in with the tone of that work.

as always, if you are new to the series, please save the attached and remember to persevere through the shitty slump in S2. the kino finale is worth it.

Fire Walk with me is basically just showing the fucked up things that happened to Laura that you've already heard about. Some people say they liked it, but I really don't get it

A fair amount of it went right over my head desu - the whole door in the painting dream, david bowie and angel rescuing Laura's friend at the end - but I still enjoyed the film. That club scene has really stuck with me

Sheryl Lee's performance alone makes it worth watching. It also sheds new light on certain characters, namely Laura, Bobby, and Donna.

>david bowie
Bowie was supposed to be bait for sequels, since Lynch originally planned for a series of Twin Peaks films (he had a three picture deal), so he literally does not make sense.

Ha great, now I feel 33.33% less retarded - thanks user

I guess. I remember watching it with no prior information, so I was mostly just pissed off that it didn't really elaborate at all on what had happened to any of the characters at the end of season 2, and instead it was just spelling out the stuff they had been alluding to happening in the past

That's fair, and probably one of the major problems for audiences when the movie came out. I went in knowing what it was and really enjoyed it for that. The Missing Pieces scenes imply that if there had been sequels they would follow up season 2, while also adding the ring seen in FWWM (scenes with Annie in hospital with ring that gets stolen, scene with Coop after the ending scene of the series finale).

I really like that Fire Walk With Me exists. It's interesting how much darker it gets than the series while still mostly depicting events described or alluded to in the series. Laura's progression throughout the movie was really well done, I thought. I don't know how much my opinion is skewed by the edit with the deleted stuff reinserted, but I really think it's fantastic. Laura is a fascinating character in that she's sympathetic on account of her being fucked up by her repeated molestation and revelation that it was her father, but at the same time she's a cocaine addict who whores herself and corrupts people around her, sometimes intentionally. Bobby ended up being one of the most sympathetic characters, especially when you see his interactions with Laura.

Will it be shit?

It's a shame how the network butchered the second season of this show by forcing the Laura mystery to be solved and necessitating a bunch of horrible bullshit filler plots to fill time for a full season order. I fucking despise everything about Donna and James that does not relate to Laura, and Windom Earle was a completely shit character (basically a fucking cartoon characters throughout), and it was really strange that they gave a DARK AND EDGY BACKSTORY to a character like Coop (young, idealistic).

Young Nadine was funny in a retarded way, at least.

>you have a soft spot for the Super Nadine storyline
It's the #1 reason I cannot get through season 2, dumbass.

There's really not a whole lot of it. The worst stuff in season 2 is everything with James, easily. Windom Earle is generally shitty, and Billy Zane is horrible.

General Horne and Super Nadine are easily the best of the retarded plots. The Little Nicky segments of the Lucy/Andy/Dick plot were pretty funny, too.

stop recommending that garbage fanedit of fire walk with me. the editing is complete shit.
watch the movie then watch missing pieces after as Lynch intended

>the editing is complete shit.
The first version of it was. The second version is fine by me.

>as Lynch intended
But user, Lynch is just autistic about not wanting alternate cuts. The fan edit is closer to the original script that Lynch wrote and filmed, the deleted scenes were only cut to make it an acceptable length for theatrical release.

wrong donna is wrong

>Can I come back to the show too, David?

Not really, most of it deserved to be deleted except a few interesting scenes. But I mean if you liked the movie and have time, sure why not.

I think watching the scenes edited into the movie is a terrible idea, unless you've already seen the movie.

>still anorexic
>now her head is all bloated and huge

e l j u s t o

Most of the season 2 sideplots were boring, but Nadine's made me chuckle.

Hey guys im in this thread and i havent finished the show so can we not post any spoilers?

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

this guy gets it

>I think watching the scenes edited into the movie is a terrible idea, unless you've already seen the movie.
As someone who watched the fan edit first, I disagree.

>most of it deserved to be deleted except a few interesting scenes
Though this is largely true considering it was a theatrical release. All of Bobby's scenes involving the "cocaine" really should've been left in the movie, though, as well as several scenes of Laura, like her family dinner before everything goes retarded. Some of the scenes really add to the movie, while others are nice elements of the show, and others are basically worthless, such as Josie and Pete discussing wood, some of the Deer Meadow bits in Act 1, or every scene at the police station. I still prefer the version with the scenes reinserted because it feels more like the show and the theatrical version seems too condensed in comparison.

Why did David Lynch make Fire Walk With Me a prequel, it just seems counter-intuitive

Cooper killed Annie after marrying her

Lynch does what he wants and he only does what he wants. that's the only explanation for his career after 1986.

muh laura palmer

he threw a big bitchfit when he was told the show had to solve the laura palmer case and left the show in the hands of fucktarded writers, effectively killing the show.

All he wanted to do was to jerk off to Laura.

Mark Frost is the actual reason Peaks was good

>muh laura palmer
>he threw a big bitchfit when he was told the show had to solve the laura palmer case and left the show in the hands of fucktarded writers, effectively killing the show.
>All he wanted to do was to jerk off to Laura.
This seems to be accurate

>Mark Frost is the actual reason Peaks was good
But FWWM was good and Frost had nothing to do with it

It was supposed to be the first in a trilogy, the next two would have gone into some of the other mysteries of the TP universe.

FWWM is a real mixed bag. There are some great things in it like all the Leland stuff, the bar scene, and the ending. But there's also all that garbage with Kiefer Sutherland and that other FBI guy who is a awful actor fighting with the sheriff of the other town and all that shit in the FBI headquarters which is just a mess.

Frost is definitely underrated in terms of his contributions to the show. The first season that everyone loves is 100% him after the third episode. Lynch left after directing episode 3 to go make Wild at Heart and Frost was in full control for the rest of that season. Also the book that came out a few months back that he did is really good.

Seems like the new series will still focus heavily around Laura's murder, interestingly. I guess the show became a mess right after that was solved. Not sure where they'll go with that aspect of it when the last dangling thread left unresolved is BOB possessing Coop.

>Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, the actors who played Jacques Renault and Ronette Pulaski are all back in some capacity

>Pic related is Coop and some actress from a scene where he extends a hand and they walk slowly into the Palmer house.

>"..the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days are very important for this." -Lynch