"I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you've decided about my character"

youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I

There's no coming back from this. Expect to see TLJ flop at the box office in December and millions (billions?) of SW fans demanding the return of the IP and Lucasfilm to George himself so he can reshoot Episodes 7-9 the way he originally envisioned them. Expect to actually see white males in the SW universe again. Kathleen Kennedy will be removed and probably forced out of the industry entirely after this.

Calling it now, Mark Hamill has singlehandedly set things right and put the whole franchise back on track.

This literally kills Nu Wars.

I feel people are blowing his statements way out of proportion.

Who is this and why is he being shilled on tv so much

Kek what, no matter how poorly this goes Disney would never let this cash-machine go, it prints money whether the movies are good or not

Mark Hamill is now legend.

>previous thread hits bump limit
Hey better make two of them amirite

>"I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you've decided about my character"

Because they're retconning it so "light and dark" no longer means "good and evil" and it's all about muh balance, and people who dickride mark and george are super pissed about any sense of moral ambiguity with their space jesus

Who cares
He's dying in this movie anyways

It's happening...

Jesus Christ it's actually happening...

I want to live in whatever parallel timeline you're in OP.

Hi JarJarAbrams, nice Youtube channel by the way.

This is literally something nobody gives a shit about except triggered bitches like you because you think it validates your feelings of being cucked by society. No one gives a shit what actors think.. especially Mark Hamill. There is a reason he had no real career after Star Wars while Harrison Ford became a god of Hollywood. TFA was extremely popular and successful as was RO despite non-stop whiny betacuck altright manbitches like you complaining about female leads, black storm troopers, etc. No one cares about Hamill or you.

Really the only way for any of it to stop if for YOU to kill yourself. We both know its coming anyway, so save everyone some time and do it now.

You think Disney is going to give Star Wars back to Lucas because some autists rage on Sup Forums? Lucas sold Star Wars--he doesn't want it anymore.

Based Mark, I love it when old fart actors reach the stage where they just don't give a fuck anymore

>that open-mouth stare starting at 3:07

>taking one sentence out of context

>Expect to see TLJ flop at the box office in December and millions (billions?) of SW fans demanding the return of the IP and Lucasfilm to George himself so he can reshoot Episodes 7-9 the way he originally envisioned them.
When will Sup Forums learn that they are never right about box office?

NEW TO THIS THREAD

IS LUKE SKYWALKER SHITTING ON DISNEY Y/N

Mark Hamill found dead

that look in her eye....

>caring about Star Wars
There's nothing interesting about it. It's just simplistic "good guys vs. bad guys" pap, like the 1950s serials it's based on.

>g-ghostbusters was a financial success and they'll make the rest of their money back abroad!
>misogynists btfo!

>millions (billions?) of SW fans demanding the return of the IP and Lucasfilm to George himself
I think I'd rather be with the few fans who just want the series to die already so we can bury it and move on with our lives.

>Lightsaber duels for dummies.

Fucking BTFO Daisy nigger fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light and dark never meant good and evil, or for the love of god do you shills STILL think Lucas didn't know exactly what he was doing with the prequels? There is a reason why the Jedi are portrayed as so stupid and inept. They got lazy with their judgements and their actions. Luke may have been trained by Yoda in V but that doesn't mean he adopted all of Yoda's ways. I think Yoda would have wanted him to just kill the Emperor and Vader and leave it at that, but Luke decided to help his father because he saw some good in him. The Jedi Council, and Yoda in particular, were never like that. They believed more in prophecies and rigid ideas of "good" and "evil".

I always thought it was all a meme but no, Lucas really did make some decent films with the prequels. Even on rewatchig years later Jar Jar isn't even that insufferable. It was a silly idiot character for children, he tried to pander, sure. But ultimately the story arcs and the plot was solid. It very clearly showed us that the Siths and the Jedis are basically two sides to the same coin. To bring balance means either both must exist, or neither. Hence I think Luke wants to see the Jedi end so that when the Sith is finally put down by Rey, there can be true balance. Rey is not a Jedi and will not be... she will be a different kind of force user.

Could be. But that's not a light statement to make, and Hamill's always seemed to have a pretty good grip on Luke's character arc and the general narrative of the original movies.

OP's predictions are certainly overblown, though. At most there will be a lot of "Mark was right" comments.

Mark gets to say whatever he wants because he's the only link to "original" Star Wars that Disney has left. He doesn't have to be one of the corporate Yes Man shills like the Reviewers and movie staff, and the new actors because Disney literally can't touch him. He exists in a position where he can go "What the fuck you gonna do Disney? Fire me? I'm rich already so you can't ruin my life by keeping me from working and you fucks, and I both know that Star power is a fucking joke now. I gave up every being anything else in Hollywood to be the Star Wars guy, and none of your pet negros or window washers or your prettied up whores will ever be able to take that away. Not even George Lucas could make me not be the face of Star Wars so just suck it up while I tell people how shit this movie is. You fucking know they won't listen so don't bitch"

Kys tumblr

If only OP. If only.

Are people really that stupid that they don't understand what he's saying?

>plebs fight over the corpse of their shitty "kino" to validate their political beliefs

VERY embarassing.

Maybe they are going to marvel comics route and trying make people angry enough to see it.

>whiny betacuck altright manbitches like you complaining about female leads, black storm troopers, etc. No one cares about Hamill or you.
What the fuck do these things have to do with each other? Mark Hamill certainly isn't alt-right. An actor that's well-liked by the fanbase that's always said largely respectable things about the series expressed an opinion that is worrying to people. It has nothing to do with Rey's gender or Finn's ethnicity. It has to do with the direction of the story and what Hamill's opinion might say about it.

>Mark basically says he thought 7 was shit but retarded plebs ate it up.

#GasJJ

seriously what the fuck. Maybe he has dementia.

Mark just knows what Star Wars is supposed to be and this new movie is probably changing the definition of light and dark. Its literally just black and white knights fighting over medieval space realms.

Oh yes, the classic "the prequels are not actually bad" meme, never gets old

>probably changing the definition of light and dark.
This is exactly what blacked.com is doing too

>wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

I trust Rian because Hamill himself trusts him. "He's my director." as opposed to his opinion (or lack thereof) on JJ

Because anti-Sup Forums has finally become as obnoxious as Sup Forums is and needs to bring politics into literally everything, i.e. "Obviously the only reason you're listening to Hamill's concerns is because you're a Nazi aut-right fanboy that hates the new Star Wars because muh black character muh stronk wimmin"

>Disney understands that normies won't care about or see Mark saying this
>Disney understands that Star Wars super fans hate everything but will see it anyway
>Disney tells Mark to go on a rant that will get neckbeards talking

this is what everyone's been bitching about? literally the next thing he says is that he was wrong about his knee-jerk reaction

>who is this xeno looking bitch
>my feet hurt
>why are they casting so many women
>I miss George
>a fucking tree, seriously?
>think I shat myself

DISNEY ON SUICIDE WATCH

Fuck off Kathleen

>do you shills STILL think Lucas didn't know exactly what he was doing with the prequels?

Read "how star wars conquered the universe" It details exactly what Lucas was thinking and planning with the prequels and he was 110% flying by the seat of his pants.

>Lucas really did make some decent films with the prequels.

Considering his writing process it's shocking that they aren't worse than what we got.

>Jar Jar isn't even that insufferable. It was a silly idiot character for children

Jar Jar was "the key to all of this" because he was supposed to carry 100% of the levity in Episode I. The OT films are kind of funny with each character hitting zingers and some physical comedy from all members of the crew. In Episode I everyone is serious all the time except Jar Jar. He wasn't meant to be funny for children, Lucas thinks Jar Jar and his antics are fucking hilarious and he thought other adults would find it funny as well.

>But ultimately the story arcs and the plot was solid.

They were far from it, but hey whatever floats your boat, we all have bad movies we enjoy unironically.

>don't imagine her in a metal bikini don't imagine her in a metal bikini

He then immediately says that he could easily be wrong because he thinks he was wrong about Episode VII's ending. He is also the guy that thought that Luke should have bowed down to the Emperor and taken his father's place at the end of RotJ. You have to take his opinions with a grain of salt, he is also admittedly not at all a star wars fan and isn't terribly invested in the stories being told.

Normalfags ruin everything

fa/tv/irgins fucking eviscerated

you just know?

>wait who is she again? does she play an alien? aquilae and sullust

>boyega with the gook
>"birth of new things"

he put his foot down and said 'no more faggot shit!'

>To bring balance means either both must exist, or neither.
Lucas has LITERALLY said that "bring balance" equals "destroy the Sith" and that the prophecy was right, because Anakin destroyed the Sith when he threw Palpatine down the well.

People who think this statement is negative are insane. Hammil always, always tows the line. He's professional as fuck. He explicitly tells this story to prove that the film's going in unexpected directions.

Watch the video ffs.

old people use to do that all the time

it has to do with jaw muscles becoming weaker or something

>tfw they are turning Luke into a villain
>and people will STILL defend Disney

Accurate

>should have bowed down to the Emperor and taken his father's place at the end of RotJ

would have been 10x better

make mark the director pls

mark is a homo

>listening to an actor about script suggestions/changes
Lel.

Daisy is prime pussy i dont even care about the motherfuckin alien teeth she could get it

This means that the EU is canon again right?

What did he say? Why did he say it? Who did he say it to? If you think I'm going to marathon that Youtube link you're sorely mistaken.

>luke bows
>now leia has a full arc waiting for her

pleb, mark is a genius

fuck off shill

If you want the old EU to be canon again just play Old Republic

COMMUNICATIONS DISRUPTION

this

I watched through that part. They're talking about their initial reactions to reading the script to the abc interviewer and he says maybe it's a good thing he disagrees.

I want to ____ Daisy if you know what I mean

BASED HAMILL
why is he so likeable?

We all want her crusty discharge-stained panties after she's worn them after a long day of filming in the desert so we can put them around our faces, user. You don't even need to say it.

>I disagreed about my only scene in TFA
>I was wrong
>I disagreed about every single thing in TLJ
>I-I might be wrong again

Just to reiterate, because it seems a lot of the wankers on here are going ape shit over nothing, Hamill says he disagrees with what he read about his character, but then goes on to say he had the same reaction to The Force Awakens script, and was pleasantly surprised when it was filmed and actually put together. So he has the same reaction with the new script but thinks it's a good thing, or rather a "good sign".

In all honesty though it just seems like PR bullshit.

>TLJ flop at the box office in December

No fucking way.

Star Wars nerds don't give two shits about anything except cool costumes, spaceships, and lightsabers. If they spent money to watch a star wars movie where the protaganist is a fucking BRITISH BITCH, then they'll pay to see anything.

Luke was clearly meant to be turning dark in 6, that ending wouldve made sense. Plus what said

Star Wars is the new Hunger Games. Get over it.

You can watch Marvel movies or some other action movie or read the old Star Wars books.

Half of the people on here complaining about stuff like this hadn't even spent more than a few hours thinking about Star Wars in like the three year before they heard that Episode 7 was going to be made.

Mark knows they're fucking up Star Wars.

no

This. He said he liked his moment at the end of Force Awakens and that when he got the script he was surprised and disagreed, but he trusts the director

Haters WILL be btfo

I'm doing it now

Hnnnnng

>Haters WILL be btfo

No they won't.

The movie will make money, of course, but the haters will be completely justified in their disdain.

>Star Wars is the new Hunger Games.

That's actually not a bad comparison.

>Luke was clearly meant to be turning dark in 6
Not really. The movie depicts him with newfound skill and shows how his increase in power has led to flirtations with his darker impulses, but he ultimately rejects them.

>Star Wars is the new Hunger Games.
It's not a good comparison. Star Wars is a pop culture phenomenon that dates back to the 70s!

The new films have been pretty good so far, you people need to get over yourselves.

Stop making me want to see this movie. I don't need any more hype this far from release.

>It's not a good comparison.

Sure it is. They took an epic and fagged and femmed it up, turning it into little more than another feminist "empowerment" vehicle....with stormtroopers.

It's an excellent comparison.

You know it's true.

That made me horny thinking about it

>being this bootyblasted

Get over yourself

Based Mark

this is the only star wars film im interested in. Rian Johnson is an interesting filmmaker

Mark looks like a fucking zombie in that screenshot.

Like he's ready to lunge at Daisy's jugular.

>Rian Johnson is an interesting filmmaker

Seems to be a limp-wristed faggot.

Luke turning would have been pure kino, and as previously mentioned by other Anons, it would have given Leia a purpose aside from being Han's bitch. I'm ok with how RotJ turned out though, at least it's a definitive ending, which we will never ever get with (((Disney)))

Rian is a faggot and a shitty director.

>SW fans demanding the return of the IP and Lucasfilm to George himself so he can reshoot Episodes 7-9

Kek no fucking way. I hate this forced diversity bullshit disney brought to the franchise but Lucas is just an awful movie maker, as evidenced by the prequels and the last Indy.

>jar jar is the key to all this

Top fucking kek

>not loving Looper and Brick
>2017