QUESTION FOR ALL CHRISTFAGS

What would you do if Atheism was true? If somehow, you got magical insight into the nature of the universe and found out there was no God, and that the fedora-tippers were right?

Would you change your lifestyle or moral views or still keep them more or less the same?

>Doesn't matter since there is a God
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea#Philosophical_skepticism
youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shameless bump.

What would you do if Christianity was true? If somehow, you got magical insight into the nature of the universe and found out there was God, and that the christcucks were right?

Would you change your lifestyle or moral views or still keep them more or less the same?

>Doesn't matter since there is no God
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

I'd convert, obviously.

Bump for OP

I myself firmly believe I could never know the absolute being that is God unless He would will it (Agnosticism)

But I choose to believe in Him nonetheless (Theism)

Well Christianity makes no sense if you have definite knowledge of God

There is absolutely no sense in having faith then

"All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe."
This is an interesting quote from the Science Fiction author, Orson Scott Card, who is a mormon. I think a lot of Christians who have followed skepticism down to it's conclusions just see how dark and individualistic it can get, and prefer to affirm a belief system that binds a culture together and doesn't bring someone to the point of existential crisis if they accept it. Nihilism is really the conclusion of skepticism as far as I can tell, but I don't really know if I want to explain that to people because I don't think it would make the world a better place. Even mentioning this makes me feel guilt, but hopefully either you know what I'm talking about or would need persuasion to understand it, which I won't provide and hope you wouldn't look into.
Yeah, I would. Why doesn't he tell me and instead damn me to hell with the "gift" of reason?
I would want to question him, but with the looming threat over my head I assume that would be difficult.
What's your view on that Card quote I started the post off with? Would you agree with that as a personal belief?

What is there to do?

If there's a Christian God, odds are you will see him (at least to be judged!).

If there is no God, you won't be caring a whole lot when your consciousness ceases to exist.

Either way there's absolutely nothing you can do to change the situation so why worry over it?

There is no god but Allah

The fact that Christianity is true is inaccessible from within the limits of human experience. Faith and reason are the only "senses" which we have in this domain. Only a divine mind has access to God's "truth".

You can never know that God exists. That knowledge is unattainable.

If you disagree, you are a disgusting gnostic and you can be certain that you are going to hell.

>dodging the question: fundamentalist edition

>why worry over it?

Do you not see the harm religion is causing worldwide? If i spent 3 hours a day teaching your kids that islam is true and that they should kill infidels, would you not have a problem with it?

I would live my life having been deluded that I had a relationship with the living God; I would have to admit that the bible was just lucky predicting the future 100%; I would have to admit that my constant companion and closest adviser was an illusion, and I would have to re-evaluate all of the love, acceptance, meaning and purpose I received from this non-existent God, as well as having to somehow reclassify all of the miracles I have been blessed with.

Check em. Also my argument applies just as well to OP - you cannot know divine truth, and therefore divine falsity, from human experience - but I will not give him a (You) because he's a child.

there is no means by which christianity can be proved true

Your statements contradict each other.

Found the Baptist. Prepare to roast for eternity, fool.

Of course there is.

>bible was just lucky predicting the future 100%
how?
if people follow a book
they live out the fantasy

how?
prove it to me right now

*proven
Not "proved"
This pol ffs not 4th grade

The odds of Jesus randomly fulfilling just the top 100 messianic prophecies, all written at least 400 years prior to his birth, is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in 10^258.

Fortunate digits favor the righteous in this thread, as usual, friend.

You die and see Jesus, obviously.

wtf i love christianity now
ok...where's the proof of that beyond a few random verses in the bible?

if atheism is true, religious cucks no longer have to fear eternal punishment from a jewish sky daddy

if christianity is true, it is the MORAL DUTY of any decent human to reject such an immoral tyrant for flooding and condemning billions of people to hell for illegitimate reasons (muh you didn't worship me isn't an excuse to torture someone for an eternity).

>Nihilism is really the conclusion of skepticism as far as I can tell, but I don't really know if I want to explain that to people because I don't think it would make the world a better place.
>What's your view on that Card quote I started the post off with? Would you agree with that as a personal belief?
>"All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe."

Scepticism is self-refuting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea#Philosophical_skepticism

And it can't lead to nihilism because nihilism itself is self-refuting

>I would want to question him, but with the looming threat over my head I assume that would be difficult.
>Yeah, I would. Why doesn't he tell me and instead damn me to hell with the "gift" of reason?

Your own awareness of your self is an absurd anomaly if you assume you live in a Naturalistic world

Talk to God through this anomaly (i.e. pray)

In the statistical analysis of Jesus fulfilling the top 100 messianic prophecies, all written at least 400 years prior to his birth, and all translated into Greek at least 150 years prior to his birth.

If you're looking for info about Jesus that is not in the bible, you're going about it incorrectly.

Still hate muslims.

The past participle is "proved" mate

What an arrogant statement. By what immense mental powers do you judge God's reasons illegitimate?

>If you're looking for info about Jesus that is not in the bible, you're going about it incorrectly.
so no proof in reality
the only "proof" is an apparent self-consistency in the bible
well that proves it alright
everyone knows stories that have self-consistency are the word of god

is it really this difficult for christcucks to answer a simple question?

The 66 books written over about 1500 years by about 40 men are miraculously consistent, yes.

Obvious ahmed is obvious

>It's written in a book
>It must be true

Wew lad

No, it was not.

It's written in the only holy book on the planet.

It must be true.

How can other Abrahamic religions even compete?

Secretly all muslims and jews know that Jesus Christ was the messiah and that his story is more significant/detailed than anything they can muster in their Qaran or jew bible (old testament - refuse to acknowledge new testament cause they don't want to admit they killed the son of god).

Christianity is the only true path

i would believe it mostly

i would question my sanity though

ok...and what does that mean? how does that prove that Christianity is the word of god?

Jesus is a stumbling block to both.

Lol Nigel you trued to trap him with his own logic but he just schooled you.

About 30% of it tells the future 100% accurately; the entirety of it tells the origins and destiny of the world, and mankind, perfectly.

He didn't, that's why the whole "second coming" meme was created

I might change a few things here and there, but generally think that the motives and ideals that I live by are good and worthy of being upheld.

I suggest you do so.

>About 30% of it tells the future 100% accurately
such as?
>if people follow a book
>they live out the fantasy
where is the divine proof?

#Pwned

I'd accept that theres a god, and continue living my life the same way i have been.

The time between the resurrection and the rapture are parenthetical to God, and amount to a few days' delay.

It was always the plan to offer salvation to both jew and gentile.

I'd still be Christian, as I believe a nation needs religion as a vehicle to sustain morality and protect from degenerating

Take it from Yuri:
youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY
Here are some books too:
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg

>the harm religion is causing
You mean like charity and bringing comunities together. Pure evil.

>muh crusades
Cucked popes.

>muh religious discrimination
Fuck off if you don't accept the customs of the country you are in.

>implying christianity isn't the devil's doing

THERE IS A GOD. AND WE MUST KILL IT!

>immense mental powers
common sense, any 5 year old knows threatening eternal torture is wrong.

Let's say you have a child.
You tell the child "If you don't worship and completely obey me I will torture you forever in a burning pit".
If your child disagrees with you and/or disobeys you and says "you know what, that's pretty fucked up that you would threaten me with eternal torture. You're not a good person."

Would it be legitimate, moral, and just for you to then torture him for eternity? Would you do that to your own children?

If you wouldn't, then why is it moral when your god supposedly does it?

Atheism needs an enlightenment period. They should accept the scientific probability that a creator at some point existed and get on with their lives.

As an atheist, I dont think most of Sup Forums would change. Morality doesn't necessarily come from religion. It comes from empathy, and mindset. To me, NatSoc is one of the closest ideologies I hold dear. As a result, my morality is not all that different from a Christian one.

You're asking for a lifetime's worth of study. If you want to study prophecy to see if the bible is divinely inspired, do so.

Just a few about Jesus:
Born a human male.
Born of a virgin.
Born in the City of David.
Born descended from David.
Born in the Tribe of Judah.
Born during the second temple.
Born in time to fulfill Daniel's first 69 week prophecy.
Called out of Egypt.
Called a Nazarene.
Sold for 30 pieces of silver.
Crucified.
Bulls of Bashan (Roman troops) divided his goods, rolled lots for his robe.
None of his bones were broken.
Rose from the dead on the third day (the sign of Jonah)
Will establish the throne of David forever, and sit on it forever.

>That pic
If he did that when he was young and still had something to lose, I'd be impressed

It's a hard one for me. I would honestly presume my morals would be shot- not like I'd become some mass murderer but I do think I'd stop caring about life and try to become a Neet or something. That said, I think it's just ingrained in me that I'll always believe even if in some small aspect even if all the proof in the universe says otherwise. It will always just be another test, another proof of faith for me to be challenged by in the face of adversity.
Stepping out of my self further, a part of me thinks I'd still act as if God was real even if no one else did and I truly lost all faith. I don't think religion's purpose is just to control people, but I won't deny it is very good at doing so. I'm not above manipulating that if some hellish world came about where all faith was otherwise lost.

I would be in favor of slaughtering as many violent muslims and other violent degenerates as possible before dying a meaningless death after having lived a meaningless life. I would reject all of my family and live as a homeless vigilante on the streets just waiting for Tyrone to try and start shit for an excuse to end him or end myself.
I would abandon any semblance of forgiveness or compassion to violent degenerates, given there would exist no principle requiring me to be merciful and loving to such people, and would instead take pleasure in the retributive suffering I would inflict on them.
My lack of fear of death would remain unchanged, though my reason to avoid it would evaporate.
There ya go ^_^

who here was baptized in catholic church but no longer practices?

>You mean like charity and bringing comunities together. Pure evil.
Those can be done without religion, now give me an example of witch hunts, stonings and executing infidels that isnt linked to religion?

The living go to the land of the living; the dead go to the land of the dead.

Right now you're dead.

Of course. If there is no God then everything is permitted.

while we are talking about this.

I am agnostic but I think I heard the call.

Is Catholicism right for me?

This thread is literally satan fyi

>God is the Devil n the Devil is God meme

Only if you want to go to hell.

>You're asking for a lifetime's worth of study.
no i'm asking for proof all that you have reported is canonical mythology - none of which demonstrates Christianity's divine nature

And I told you the proof as well.

Die, and see Jesus.

>People are so pathetic that to be decent human beings, they have to be lied to constantly. Not just about minor facts but about the whole nature of reality.
Wew lad

>Die, and see Jesus.
m8 you've been had by a lying kike

that's a problem with Islam not religion

The human heart is endlessly wicked, and there are no good people by God's standards.

No. Catholics morals are correct and strong moral views that prevent aganist degeneracy. There would be no need to change. Maybe I would still worship because I've culturally done it my whole life. I do believe there is a God, and I'd like to be on the right side of him even if there is a 1% chance he is real

I haven't, actually. I just suggest making that meeting at your insistence and upon terms favorable to you, rather than waiting to die and be proven beyond a shadow of any doubt that Jesus is God.

Every knee will bow.
Every tongue confess.
That Jesus Christ is Lord.

This includes you.

What's so surprising about that? That's how most people are

First, pray. Catholicism is my home, but I'm not happy with the pope and it bothers me, sometimes a lot.

BTW check my sick digits in this thread yo.

Catholic morals are slaughter anyone who will not bend the knee to Rome.

pure evil

No church ever saved anybody.

No church ever will.

but you have no proof of that

>the "he doesn't send you to hell himself, you CHOOSE to go to hell yourself even if you don't believe it exists" meme

ok let's examine it for 1 second

>god is supposedly omnipotent and omnibenevolent
If there was a danger of eternal torture, would you place your beloved children near it, and not only that, allow them to be eternally tortured regardless of what you thought they wanted at that moment especially if they aren't aware of the consequences?

Let's say you are a parent of a child who you love, would you put your baby into a cage with a tiger, blindfold the baby (to prevent clear knowledge of the tiger or you) and then allow the baby to be eaten by the tiger, saying "I guess he chose the tiger over me"?

>Catholicism
>preventing degeneracy

>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is
>tradition is valid because church authorities affirm it to be
>church authorities are valid because of apostolic succession

>Would you change your lifestyle or moral views or still keep them more or less the same?
I would obviously become a genderless freak who lives for the moment and uses lots of drugs and has sex with random strangers instead of marrying a qt and starting a family, also I would become a 100% communist and wait for the state to socialize some food and shelter for me.

Yes, I do.

I've already established that you're a baptist heretic, no need to convince me further.

Nowhere does God say He is "omnibenevolent", whatever that means.

then show me the proof that jesus is superior to me - >Every knee will bow.
>Every tongue confess.
>That Jesus Christ is Lord.
>This includes you.

Its used worldwide to control people, gather money people dont deserve and killing.
You might not kill witches in america, but in africa they do it in the name of christianity and would not even know of "witches" without christianity.

Islam is just the most violent form of religion we know, but any religions has the potention to become the next islam or start the next crusades.

wow thats a great fucking point actually.

And you're now aware that the object of your faith is the roman catholic church, which cannot save anybody.

I don't care if you go to hell, papist. It's your choice.

Jesus created the universe. Duplicate that, and we'll talk.

>implying he's the heretic

>apostolic succession is valid because tradition establishes it is
>tradition is valid because church authorities affirm it to be
>church authorities are valid because of apostolic succession

Id question whether Id worship christ then

since it would depend on which version of god is real

because if its abrahamic god then I never could worship a god thats fickle and inecisive as well as an asshole

get tormented going to heaven or hell at that point

Nice revenge fantasy m8

>Jesus created the universe
where is the proof