How did he lost to an untrained girl?

How did he lost to an untrained girl?

When in the film did he fight someone who was not trained with melee weapons?

Perhaps she has more training than we know about.

Why would a mary sue need training?

She's the Chosen One.

Probably wasn't the best idea to use a lightsaber with two smaller lightsabers sticking out in either direction, substantially limiting your range of motion. Especially when you're fighting a lady who likely grew up having to beat away giant rape monsters with sticks.

probably getting shot in the stomach and constantly punching his wound to pump himself up.
nigger was bleeding all over the snow. I think he also got hit with a saber when he was toying with Finn.

Also it would appear in Star Wars, that while someone does need training Force ability is genetic and its not equal people can be stronger or weaker in with the Force.

That being said, yes, from a good story telling standpoint Rey shouldn't have been great at everything she did with minimal effort. I get that they are trying to say she is the chosen one, but if Luke bested Vader in V it would have been a pretty bad choice.

Because he was emotionally and physically compromised. OP is a faggot.

I dunno, Maul got cut in half, fell into a bottomless pit, didn't got treatment, food or water in 12 years and he was ok to even kill council members

How did he lost to a little boy who had never podraced?

1. I don't know any of the cartoon shit, or EU shit
2. I guess that means Maul was super strong with the force.
3. Killing Maul in ep 1 was dumb, bringing him back was something so bad not even Lucas could have dreamed it up.

Working backwards:

Rey nicked him a couple times in the face arm and leg. Finn whacked him in the shoulder before disarming. Ben beat one opponent after spar-like battle. Ben pounded the wound on his side attempting to fuel darkness in him, failing in the end. Chewie blasted him with a bowcaster shown to send troopers flying.

Sebulba could not use the Force whereas Anakin was born of the Force, thus being able to utilize it unnaturally naturally for a child his age.

>fuel darkness in him
It's called adrenaline, dude. It's not magic.

He's a fucking WHITE MALE. its about time they lost to the oppressed

It's canon though

he didnt know how to boost

Ill give you the usual answer even though youre memeing.

Kylo is barely a Jedi. He had some training when he was a kid from Luke, but not a lot. Hes desparately trying to be like Vader and it pisses him off that he isnt. Hes also not fully on the dark side. He says himself he feels the light side constantly pulling on him. Hes in a state of limbo, which makes him weak and unsure. He acts like a spoiled child who never really had a reason to actually fight someone.

Rey is a street urchin essentially. Growing up alone, caring for herself. Shes street smart and learned how to fight out of necessity. Shes force sensitive and due to her upringing shes stronger. Also, we dont entirely know the whole deal with Rey. She could be a kenobi, or a skywalker. Two of the more powerful jedis.

Yes Kylo is the grandson of Vader, but he also had two non jedi parents, and like I said before, hes not fully commited to the dark side, despite desparately trying.

Plus he was shot by chewie.

He wasn't bad when he was a raving mecha spider who'd been eating space rats in a space junk yard. Everything after was trash. And oh fuck me, Savage Opress is top edge.
That arc was trash.

>I made this part sound silly, the whole post is wrong!

He's a fucking white male.

Fact: Women are the most powerful race in the world

But Kylo IS the untrained girl.

HE HAD A GIANT FUCKING BURNING HOLE IN HIS TORSO

For christ's sake. If you took the best boxer in the world, shot him in the stomach, and then had him fight a normal guy, the normal guy would probably win. It has next to nothing to do with Rey's strength, the fact that Kylo Ren was still standing about an hour after being shot in the stomach was incredible.

>Episode VIII
>Rey and Kylo finally meet once again
>they draw their lightsabers
>Kylo: "My powers have doubled since last time, Rey."
>Rey: "Excellent, twice the pride, double the fall."

Pottery. JJ Abrams and his wife are creative geniuses. Usually in a narrative you have the protagonist as an underdog and the antagonist as the oppressive, overwhelming force that they must overcome. This is because an audience naturally is drawn to an underdog. Abrams instead has turned this archetype on its head by having the villain be the underdog and the protagonist be the overwhelming force that the villain must overcome. This subverts trite narrative structure by challenging the audience to root for Goliath over David in rooting for Rey over Kylo now. Few blockbuster movies dare to challenge an audience this way.

Imagine if your favourite sports movie were about an effortlessly dominant sports team trying to win the championship, and right at the very end they have to fight the league's underdog team in the grand finals, then they crush this underdog team. The writers will have set themselves up an extra task to make the audience love the powerhouse athletic team over the struggling team trying to make their way, and this is exactly the brave writing scenario JJ set-up. Now in Episode VIII the writers have to write Rey twice as well as they would have had she lost the fight to Kylo, and this confidence in their ability shows real promise.

>For christ's sake. If you took the best boxer in the world, shot him in the stomach, and then had him fight a normal guy, the normal guy would probably win.

Except no, you don't even know how much skill fighting is rather than pure physicality

The only physicality that can stop you is cardio, and a shot in your stomach won't do shit unless you are severely bleeding

What? Dude, calm down. I implied no such thing.

Maybe you should take a break form the internet for a tick. Sounds like you've got flamewar shellshock.

STRONG

So did he kill his peers or did the First Order swoop in and pick him up after they killed his peers?

because she's a fucking mutant with freaky powers, which is probably why her parents abandoned her

INDEPENDENT

>"You have compassion for her."
>"It isn't her strength that is making you fail. It's your weakness for her."

He doesn't use his full strength against Rey and never has. Watch the battle again and you'll see he never attempts to make a killing blow, he just wants to disarm her. Further proven by the "YOU NEED A TEACHER I COULD TEACH YOU" nonsense he did instead of just shoving her off the cliff.

His weirdo crush on her is messing with him and stopping him from using his full abilities against her. Also, he just killed his dad (and regretted it, according to JJ) and got shot with a bowcaster. He was weakened spiritually and physically.

He was also weakened by Han's death, despite what Snoke told him.

From the script:

>"Kylo Ren is somehow WEAKENED by this wicked act. Himself horrified. His SHOCK is broken only when -- CHEWIE CRIES OUT IN AGONY! Chewie furiously FIRES AT KYLO REN, HITTING HIM IN THE SIDE! Kylo Ren falls back, stunned."

XENOMORPH

Because Rey had
>Plot armour
>MaRey Sue status
>The power of feminism

Autistic twitching

Script really doesn't matter if it doesn't come across by the language of the film and the performance of the actor.

Getting shot in the stomach by Chewie 5 minutes earlier didn't help.

DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME

>Script doesn't matter if it doesn't come across

Plenty of people were saying they thought he regretted killing Han after TFA and other people (like you probably) called them retarded and said he was FULLY DARK now and didn't regret anything, etc. Now you're all butt-blasted and claiming it didn't come across that way because the way you interpreted things turned out to be wrong? Even though others saw what was happening just fine? Kek.

>Plenty of people were saying they thought he regretted killing Han after TFA

Based on what? Their thoughts are meaningless if it doesn't come across on screen. It's just fan theories. I mean you can spouts memes like kek and butt-blasted all you want but it doesn't substantiate a point, especially when I'm being completely calm and rational here simply speaking on what's actually included in the film, not what was supposed to be included based on the script.

anakin had podraced before Subulba taunts him about losing a previous race

The dude took a gut shot from a weapon that twenty minutes prior was sending other men flying back with smoking baseball-sized holes in their chests.

The fact that he was even able to fight at all is impressive and it's not surprising that he lost.

But to them, it did come across on screen. You just didn't notice it. They did.

He didn't exactly, he lost to The Force...Rey is Grey Jedi....a reincarnation of the first Jedi, she does not use the Force, it uses her. "The Force Awakened"...she is the real chosen one, a vessel for the Force wherein true balance is restored as events are led to the destruction of both corrupt factions, the Sith and Jedi, both corrupt in their use of the force, and force sensitives are restored to their original role, not users of the Force but used by the force, vessels for it. The Force is woke bitches.

Once again, based on what? Your argument here is no better than a guessing game of meaning unless you have something to substantiate the interpretation.

Finn was atleast trained by a highly regulated military organization.
Where did Rey train?
On a moisture farm?

>>"It isn't her strength that is making you fail. It's your weakness for her."
Is this in a book somewhere or are you literally just writing fanfics to justify the fight?

wow kylo is such a badass that physics apply to him differently?

>on a farm

Nicely done, user

it's from the official novelization user. happens when kylo is telling snoke that rey is strong with the force.

>The Force is woke
>final scene of ep 9 is the Jedi returning the pyramids to its rightful owners - Black Americans with Twitter accounts

When she mindrapes him?

Force is a hell of a drug

This is pretty much the correct answer. I mean, it wasn't even subtle. Kylo Ren kept checking on his blaster wound during the fight and was certainly trying to talk to Rey.

please tell me this is bait

Right. Even during their first "fight" he could've easily killed her and just taken BB8 but he doesn't. In the novelization he makes it clear that he's just defending himself and doesn't want to fight her:

>"So afraid," he murmured. "Yet I should be the one who should be scared. You shot first. You speak of the Order as if it were barbaric. And yet, it is I who was forced to defend myself against you."

It's the same in the second fight. He's just defending himself and trying to disarm her the whole time, not seriously trying to kill her. He didn't have to ask her nicely before digging in her mind, he didn't need to take off her restraints or show her his real face when she called him a creature in a mask, etc. The Poe interrogation provided contrast in how he treated her VS other prisoners. He definitely has a weakness for her. Not sure how so many people miss it.

they mind raped each other, but yes. after that happens, snoke accuses kylo of having a weakness for her.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA BRAVO JJ

So kylo is now a complete boy who falls for the first girls he sees

What a fucking mess of a movie

Nigga there are boxers who literally fight with broken hands, punctured livers and ruptured shoulders

A trained fighter doesn't care about pain

>now

>a combat trained and experienced male ever losing to a female in physical combat

when will this meme end

>you have a crush on a girl
>she's lonely like you
>try to be nice but she hates you
>get accused of having feelings
>"i'll show you guys"
>kill your dad to prove you don't have feelings
>regret it immediately
>get shot with a bowcaster
>girl hates you even more now
>keeps trying to kill you
>you just want to talk
>get BTFO by girl because you can't bring youself to really hurt her
>she gives you giant facial scar
>runs off with a black man

TFA is just kylo ren's no good very bad day.

>boss gets mad bc

I doubt Rey is the first girl he's ever seen. But didn't Anakin fall for Padme at first sight?

It's ok when George does it.

She's naturally stronger with the force than he is. He was also suffering from a fucking bowcaster wound that was constantly bleeding. And the movie made a point of showing how powerful that weapon was.

an untrained but STRONG female character.

>It wasn't bad when he was a mechanical feral spider
lol are you even hearing yourself?

The girl I can understand, since she has force powers. How did a pussy stormtrooper beat Ren?

Imagine giving a shit about Star Wars canon beyond what's in the movies. I bet you love that autistic Rebels show

Feminism

The same way you can watch a movie for kids and not understand what they put right in your face, and in both cases it won't matter what we tell you because you're probably not going to get it.

This will be episode 8...

> the real chosen one this time we swear
No. Fuck you Yoda. We wouldn't be in this mess if we threw you in a retirement home 200 years ago

imagin Kylo Ren and ray *SQUEEEEL* i litteraly cant take how cute that would be!!!! back off fin! SHES NOT MENT FOR U!!!

Reylo will be canon.

>Force comes from Force Tree
>Force Tree is good, some faggot did some faggot shit to create Dark Side
>Force Tree ain't gonna stand for that shit
>Force Tree Force fucked all other trees in existence, and now all Trees empower the Light Side
>They fought in the Forest
It was all in the leaks my man.
Trees are the new High Ground.
And how could they not be? Their entire existence is dedicated to becoming higher and higher.

isn't kesinger an official disney artist? wtf is he drawing shit like this for when rey and kylo are cousins? does disney support incest???

>blackboi cucked
Sup Forums would be screeching

there is literally not a single person that likes reylo because they think it would be cute. you'd prefer what? finnrey? kek.

>does disney support incest
Since lion king my dude

So it's like a game of thrones bullshit?

we /crossgames/ now?

In another thread a day or two ago it was actually deduced that the Force Tree according to the leaks functions exactly like the big tree in Avatar, and what's perhaps more damning, all Non-Imperial/Non-First Order tech in TFA and Rogue One has the same kind bright, colourful style that the Guardians of the Galaxy's vision of the universe is known for.
So yes, while I think the Avatar thing is just a shared trope, don't be surprised if when either Star Wars, Marvel or both's sales begin to drop, Disney decides to declare that the MCU and Star Wars are occurring in the same universe.

All that fucking time, I didn't he just punch her in the face?

Are you retarded? Do you have any idea how much damage a shot to the stomach does? How important the muscles in your torso are? If you're even standing up and walking around while your abdominals have been ripped to shreds and your stomach acid is spilling out into the rest of you, that's incredibly exceptional. You can't possibly fight with that type of injury.

If you shot Connor McGregor in the stomach, the average Sup Forums user could beat him up, that's how debilitating that type of injury is.

The average male can outperform most female professional athletes, how the fuck does this scene make sense?

is kylo ren the dark souls of star wars?

Because he was shot in the stomach not even one hour earlier. How is this not obvious to you? Did you even watch the movie?

If the shot penetrated in stomach he would have been dead in seconds, i'm pretty sure his "armor" took the brunt of the shot. At most appeared to be like taking a 12 guage to the stomach with Kevlar on.

He just got shot in the gut by a bowcaster and was dealing with the emotional trauma of killing his own father

not to mention that adam driver is 6'3" while daisy ridley weighs about 90lbs.
as if we needed more proof that (((abrams))) is a hack.

It's a blaster user, it isn't a punctured wound, the pressure isn't high, it carries more momentum and force

If the guys fly off after a blaster it's because it carries more force and blunt trauma than penetration

He's also in the military.

because he's not really trying. he likes rey. would you use your full strength against a girl you had feelings for?