The only player who keeps getting better since retiring

Comparing him to Xavi should be illegal

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8548999/Paul-Scholes-what-the-games-greats-have-said-about-him.html
twitter.com/behancfc/status/881512773548744704?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=RNgNrhBgxw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

“Sometimes, when I’m alone, I sit down and think about the beautiful game, and I think I’ve got it figured out. I think I know what football really is. But then I remember that I am merely a diminutive being standing on the shoulders of the giant that is England’s brave Paul Scholes.”

-Xavi

COLORADO! ESE ES PAUL SCHOLES...

he was a very good player in a very good side, probably slightly under-rated at points but he was nowhere near as good as most customers who probably never watched him in his 20s made him out to be

"For me, it's Paul Scholes"

-Pele

Even Xavi worships Paul. If he was in his prime today, he'd cost more than Neymar. He was that good

"I fancy Paul Scholes" - Fagnaldo

>got like 12 england caps
>lampard/gerrard/becks got over 100

he was good but not the best of the era

“I r8 Scholes family” *dabs respectfully* - Poogba

Literally the English Xhaka

Scholes was handily better than that trio of overrated shits.

>that flag
>that post

I remember him from FIFA 99.

>passes it sideways
>long balls to pacebabbys
>breaks ur leg in a tackle

somehow called the GOAT

This always bothered me, how was he a complete midfielder? He was a terrible tackler and didn't score a tonne of goals. There's no denying that he was a great passer and a very good player in general but like fuck was he the most complete midfielder

>everyone talks about Scholes and how good he was
>Pele talks about himself and his own achievements

Pele is a proper knob head, isn't he lads?

Jesus the quotes are real
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8548999/Paul-Scholes-what-the-games-greats-have-said-about-him.html

Scholes was De Bruyne 1.0

Scholes was the GOAT EPL midfielder with Vieira.

Lampard and Gerrard are great, but super overrated.

Get's his todger out.

le quotes man

Carried by keane. A much better passer and all rounder.

twitter.com/behancfc/status/881512773548744704?lang=en

This is all you need. Any other argument is baseless and comes purely from personal opinion. I beg even the most diehard of Scholes fanboys to just read this and keep an open mind.

>it's a player gets judged on paper episode

Go watch Scholes play. That's your homework for tonight kiddo

>an arseblasted chelsea customer

ding dong diddly based scholes working the chelsettys into a seething shoot

finna cringe m8

I only remember him for the stupid tackles he made.

>keane is ousted from united
>united never have the same killing instinct again
He’s the true GOAT

"Watching Paul Scholes on TV as a child is what inspired me to take up football."

- Bobby Charlton

great tackler

Why are you describing Xavi?

>never saved his team in vital moments
Opinion discarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNgNrhBgxw8

can someone explain to a babby like me who was born in 98 why everyone dickrides Scholes to this extent
The first truly tip top team i witnessed was the Del Bosque's 2008-2012 tiki taka side as well as Guardiola's Barca team around that time as well, so its pretty interesting to see people like Xavi praise him so much

Scholes and Giggs are the 2 most overrated players in premier league history because they played on stacked United teams. There's not much more to it.

And they won jack shit

what role did Giggs usually play ? I heard he was kind of a pure winger in the 4-4-2 system that fergie played, similar to what ronaldo's role was in that team

spot the liverpool customer

>man u fans vocal about anyone in their team cf. "Cleverly will solve England's creativity problem"
>xenophiles claiming "are xavi"
>footballcelebs wanking each other off (but for some reason Barca or Real never tried to buy him)

>"hurr durr why do people call us fat retards all the time"

>becks
>overrated
yah he's a prettyboy who's more famous for non-soccer stuff now but he was literally the best crosser in the world at one point, might not have been super fast and all like most players on the wing nowadays but his vision from the edge of teh field was remarkable
If you look at de Bruyne's crosses, they've got that similar "whip" and accuracy to Becks'

Beckham was a cut above De Bruyne tbqh.

no, just no

different players at the current moment, KDB lurks in those half spaces and plays a bit more deep than becks, whereas becks was wider. I wasnt old enough to watch beckham in his prime but from what ive seen is becks played more advanced whereas KDB has become more box to box.
A few years back KDB would have played the same role as beckham did and of course becks was waaaay better at that than DKB

"With Paul we would've went 19-0" - Tom Brady

"e has an ice willy"

-Alphie Fergson

Not even on de bruynes worst day m8.