It finally dawned on me that we're not going to the world cup

>it finally dawned on me that we're not going to the world cup
When did we become such a bad joke and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/storyline/fifa-corruption-scandal/soccer-numbers-look-game-u-s-n365601
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's just soccer, Sally.

nbcnews.com/storyline/fifa-corruption-scandal/soccer-numbers-look-game-u-s-n365601

I noticed an apparent decline starting in 2014 when we had a garbage generation of veterans in the mls followed by mls increasingly dictating national team games. Like I see retards like Jordan morris, Zardes and Zusi get marketed on US Soccer's facebook page. That pretty much tells you where their priorities lie. I hope more kids like Pulisic pop up in europe because we're fucked otherwise

There isn't anything else out there, and if there was, they'd be shilled to stay in the US and suddenly they go to shit. Pulisic was not just skilled but also smart.

perhaps more of your players needs to go to the LigaMx

They look like cheap sluts. Still would fuck.

I disagree. McKennie is a young player who is very promising and I saw him play a few times in Schalke games and he was nothing but class. We also have decent young defenders in Miazga and Carter Vickers alongside Brooks, Yedlin. There's even an American in La liga who I just found out about. Our only kryptonite is our trash forwards and strikers who are terrible either in their clubs or the national team or both.

something drastic needs to happen, more so than just missing the world cup

Welcome to the club

You got ideas above your station and stopped being a limited but tough and hard to beat team

>soccer
uh

Too complacent. How the men on the national team could even GET to a point where a draw is needed against tripadvisor and trivago says something. The fact that this apparently did not light a fire under their asses tells you all about out playerbase

Making soccer a rich kid sport did it. All your good players end up working at mcdonalds in the inner city

Shit youth system, shit college system (people playing at universities instead of with actual clubs), my little sawker shitters forced into the squad

when >we lost to >travelocity and tobacco

classic generic post from someone who wasn't around pre-2010. automatically disregard all opinions like this

the only people playing it here are people who sucked at 4 other sports or have inferior squatemalan genetics

How can it be a rich pipo sport? All it needs is a ball, unlike apehoop which needs rangs and shiet.
It isn't called povertyball for nuffins

No shit we're going to suck at soccer since all of our best athletes play football and basketball. We probably have hundreds, if not thousands of potential world-class players right now, but they all think soccer is for women and children and would rather play a "real sport" like football or basketball or even fucking lacrosse.
What we need is a cultural shift and the infrastructure to support it. We need more high school and college men's soccer programs to be sure, but first we need people who actually want to participate in it. As much as Sup Forums resents MLS, it's our best chance at generating interest in this semen slurping sport.

Your league is inferior to most modern leagues, you have a lack of American players in top European leagues and unfortunately don't have a good enough coach. You also have competition for top athletes going to other sports so you don't create athletes as there are other opportunities available.

It's a shame desu, America in the World Cup would have been fun

>implying we ever weren't a bad joke to begin with

A daring synthesis

All the youth leagues in the US have insane costs associated with them.

Hence the need for more school programs.

protip: amerifats were never good at high-endurance sports

2bh our next cycle looks good, got some kid named Keaton Parks playing as a box to box CM in Benefica, similar role to McKennie
Miazga + CCV and Olosunde as a good backline core
idk any good fwds though, we're turbotrash there

This

So you need more money for the programmes?

literally this
2002 was a weird fluke for a weird tournament. we're simply below average

>implying americans care about soccer

>When did we become such a bad joke

I want american soccer to do whatever it takes to replicate the canadian major junior hockey program

start by calling it football

P-pretty much...

who am i supposed to support in this world cup?

Panama

Bandwagon Brazil. Or Mexico.

how well do you think >you'll do this summer ?

Will Tite play Casmeiro or Fernandinho? Whos gonna be your striker?

Knocked out at quarter-finals, against France, Mbraaaap at 53'.

Casemiro is flying, but Fernandinho is a solid pick, too. About the CF, well, babby gzuz is injured, and will have to regain his form quickly if to be a starter (as he was last year); Firmino improved, but I think Tite has a surprise for us all.

Germany for strong contenders, Japan for underdog with a chance to over perform.

why do amerimutts (and by extension mexishitskins) always talk about football as if at some point they weren't shit.

This is right
This is wrong

i think i'm just gonna go with bongland since that's where my family is from. is it coming home?

How many trophies does Argentina have in the last 25 years?

a gentleman's choice, indeed

what does that have to do with anything?
why are you so obsessed?
lmao

>muh heritage
[spoiler]Just kidding I literally support Norwich City because my family emigrated from Norfolk 400 years ago [/spoiler]

How many trophies (no youth mickey mouse cups) does Argentina have in the last 25 years? Just answer the question.

I wouldn’t say that team was a fluke, we had just in his prime Lando on fire, and Arena managed to coach a good team. If only they called that handball.

But since then US never gelled as well as that 2002 team.

>caring about soccer

Britbongs got us calling it soccer. Take it up with them.

how many trophies (no meme trophies like concacrap/confeds) have mexishitskins won in the past 200 years?

NASL is the true answer

we've been a joke the whole time my fat friend

Don't really need more money for the programs they just need to cost way less. The youth league in the small city I live in was running my parents 200 dollars per child for my brother sister and I. At the time my mom was still in college and we really couldn't afford to do it after that year.

BTFO

>He lived a hell of a life... in the age of Rooney
Every time

Everyone in this league already knows that we're all shit. The point is how much shit you talk about being good.

So answer anons question. How many trophies has Argentina won in the last 25 years?

Argie is shook, dont pressure him, he might go an hero

I meant more school sports programs rather than academies.

ah ok. School programs can still be kind of pricey. I think it was 100 dollars per sport at the high school I went to except for Hockey, Gymnastics, and Dance were all 500 dollars plus an extra 1000 for the training camps.

Youth programs are a scam. You only need a ball and some posts to play the damn game.

It will sadly never happen.

Canada didn't make it either lol.

>Brazilian graphic design

I hate this meme. Your average football and basketball player would be garbage at soccer.

Sure, your average one - like a 6’5” basketball player and 220 lb football player, but imo he’s right. Obviously I could never prove it, but if the smaller basketball players like Russell Westbrook & Steph Curry played, along with the guys who are too small to make it, then you include guys like Adrian Peterson, Alvin Kamara, Mike Vick, etc from the NFL trained for soccer from a young age we would dominate. Especially in the NFL, so much of the agility, speed, and strength they have would have to translate. Although yes, pretty much no NBA players would have a shot at playing outside of a few

We need Barcelona-esque academies, with players going overseas to play professionally (which will never happen)

Trump became president

Mexico and jap

I never rooted for our team anyway cuz they were shit then and are shit now

Not if they spent their whole life playing soccer similar to their life now, just with a different sport

Fuck chicanos desu, rather die than support mexico

You guys will be back.
You'll be at the quarter-finals within 20 years.
Srs.