Putting an end to endless Snoke theories and discussions

Been working with good folks from ILM some time ago, not anymore, still being in touch with them, though. Met some of them a couple of weeks ago, somehow the topic of Snoke's identity came up in a conversasition after several rounds of beer. From what I've heard from them, Snoke is NOT Darth Plaguies, Mace Windu or Vader. In fact, he is a completely new character, though his backstory was somewhat based on a minor EU character (a force-sensitive stormtrooper that felt disturbance in the Force after the destruction of Alderaan and was stationed on the Death Star when it was blown up, barely surviving & getting his face and body severely mutilated; I have no idea what his name is though).

Just thought that the whole Snoke's identity conspiracy has been going for too long already and that it is high time for crazy theorists to calm down. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone who didn't want spoilers.

It's your right to take this post with a grain of salt, of course, I can understand that.

Smoke is sheev after he got even more burnt from falling down the plasma tunnel which he survived and spent many years recovering

How the fuck could he survive the deathstars destruction?

Fuck off LARPER

Would be feasible if the fucking Death Star II didn't explode immediately after.

ILM are the special effects people, why in earth would they know Snoke is

They want less connection to the originals unless it sells merchandise, and even less to the prequels; Snek is OC, gotta be. Since all was seen is hologram, might not even look like that, might be some regular old cult leader hiding wizard of Oz style behind a holographic curtain.

Nah your fanfiction is retarded.

Because they designed the character's look. They would receive reference pictures if he was based on an existing character.

Snoke is either Plagueis or completely original with no connection to the rest of the saga.

Because the DS didn't just magically disappear after it was destroyed. There were parts of it still floating around in space waiting for an imperial rescue mission. Think 9/11 in Star Wars Universe. There are talks of a flashback to that scene in 9. Oh yeah, and Snoke is obviously gonna paint rebels as terrorists.

Prove you're not LARPing without breaking your NDA.

Pro tip: You can't

That's what I said. The connection to that EU character I mentioned is really loose, he is just based around a general idea of a force-sensetive trooper.

So he's The Exile?

You're a special type of stupid my man.

snoke is a shitty name for a villain

Dude, I don't have an NDA (at least with Disney), I haven't been working with ILM for over a decade! And as I already said in the OP, I can't and don't want to prove anything to you. Call it BS all you want, I won't care.

HEY SHUT UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

YOU FUCKING RETARD

YOU FUCKING STUPID RETARD

Tell that to Kathleen Kenndy, not me. Apparently, she is the one who is trying to bring "relevant" topics such as feminism, pc & terrorism into SW.

>Implying Disney doesn't make the janitors emptying the cafeteria workers trash sign an NDA

I wouldn't be surprised they act like their chlidren's flicks are The Manhattan Project or some shit

What??? This makes no sense, SJWs fucking hate Kathleen Kennedy, trying to pander to them is a lost cause.

Please be TK 421

If he's being somewhat based off an old EU character why would he need to look the same. And the only EU character that matches that description is Nova Stihl, you can't even see what he looks like.

snoke is an ancient humanoid being who maintains his immortality by sapping the life-energy from those who embrace the dark side of the force. this is why sith always end up looking like walking corpses. the man from episode 7 is a puppet used to hide his true identity

why the hell is he a giant

have you ever seen the Wizard of Oz?

get out of here with that reddit shit

I still like the idea that snoke actually is the snake concept art from episode 7, and the old man version is just a fake of the dead anakin used to manipulate people.

snoke is luke skywalker wearing a disguise.

That would be interesting. If Luke was using that hologram to manipulate both sides to self annihilate and truly bring balance to the force.

It'll never happen though.

My dude

People will turn 180 walkout the theater if that's the case.

But it's possible. I mean JJ Hackerman ripped off the plot to episode 4 it makes sense he continue to do that on episode 5.

Snoke is Sleeve. Sleeve is Ray's dad. Major character dies or captures. Rebels/republic suffers a crippling blow. Blah blah blah. You've seen this movie before.

snoke is jar jar wearing anakin skywalkers corpse as a disguise

fun fact: general grievous was originally concept art for jar jar binks, and was how he was going to appear in episode III after his supposed death in episode II. this arc was scrapped when people hated the character.

smoke is the founder of the sith, his sister founded the founder of the jedi

cmon you know who is snoke
he is a fucking tree

Guy is 8 foot plus confirmed. He is not a character we have seen onscreen and definitely not a fucking stormtrooper.

>Guy is 8 foot plus confirmed.
by whom?

You're not even trying, that shit was pretty much vaporized. It didn't blow apart in large chunks.

They're gonna have to pull something really interesting out of their collective asses to make me care about this ridiculous character.

He's going to be mainly practical effects in ep. 8. Google that shit.

>but Sup Forums and SJWs have nothing in common they say

literal mirrors of each other

found the hook nosed goblin

Does that mean Snoke was once a storm trooper? If so, I hope they maximize the potential interesting parallels with Finn and develop that character more instead of forcing more Rey down our throats

>op abandons thread when stumped
shit thread

Indeed. Well, from what I've heard, Rey,surprisingly, won't play a significant part in 9, it will be mostly about Kylo. Don't know for sure though, so don't quote me on this.

Could you elaborate how exactly I am stumped, kind sir?

Anyway, gotta work. Will chek the thread tomorrow if I have time & don't forget to.

God I hope the rumor's true that Rey dies in 8. I know it's a snowball's chance in hell, but still.

Try a lil harder, boo boo

Sorry, Sup Forums has the obviously superior humor. Kino Bane? Big Guy For You Does Anyone Have Any Orange Slices? *Burp* God Isn't Real BRAAAAAAP
Is that better?

>Snoak is a force sensitive stormtropper
How the diddly ding dong fuck is what is assumed to be an incredibly powerful sith lord Gary from accounting? How would he also know about the force and immediately decide that the dark side is for him. That dude probably knows 0 about the Jedi and Sith since the records a either deleted or sealed.