"I sent you a support company, 60 men! You pulled out a fuckin' battalion!?! Jesus Christ."

"I sent you a support company, 60 men! You pulled out a fuckin' battalion!?! Jesus Christ."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NpwvxRDonU
youtube.com/watch?v=nOcEX3dYn3s
youtube.com/watch?v=17fafupOKOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why haven't more WWI films come out in the past couple years? What a drag.

cuz hitler was cooler than whoever the fuck ran Germany before him...

What moving picture please?

a film called 'Passchendaele'

Probably because they didn't think it would be interesting enough compared to WW2 or Vietnam (e.g. stalemate for years). However, the success of Battlefield 1 has probably changed that (hence the Wonder Woman film being set during WW1).

In the meantime, here's some First World War kino that you can enjoy:

>Passchendaele
>Beneath Hill 60
>Joyeux Noël
>Gallipoli
>The Lost Battalion
>My Boy Jack
>ANZACs (Miniseries)
>War Horse
>Gallipoli (Miniseries)

I typically stick to the 20s-30s films on the Great War, but I've enjoyed a couple of those. Will check out the rest. Thanks bud

>36% on rotten tomatoes

It's actually a pretty good film if you cut out the cheesy love story. Someone edited the film to cut all that shit out, here's the link:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NpwvxRDonU

COME ON, CONCENTRATE ON YOUR BAYONET

Just watch the opening and ending battles on youtube

I was hot off the Dan Carlin podcast and went on a WW1 all-media spree.

Passchendaele sucked ass. There's yet to be a movie that does ww1 justice.

>he didn't love Westfront 1918
What's wrong with you

Here's a 30 minute movie

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcEX3dYn3s

>no Blackadder Goes Fourth
Shit list.

Why are WW1 movies so fucking comfy? I love the balance of camaraderie and dread that they produce.

Also, for some good WW1 vidya, look up the game Valiant Hearts. I promise it'll shed some tears

The battle sequences of Passchendaele are probably the most realistic you will see in a WW1 film to date so I'd say it does it some justice.

Good movie /= ww1 justice.

If you take the good parts of all ww2 movies and add them up, ww2 has been pretty well handled
>opening of saving private ryan
>amon goeth/ ghetto parts of schindler's list
>a large amount of band of brothers
>come and see
>enemy at the gates

But what do we have for ww1? War horse? fuckign legends of the fall? jesus fuck me, xmen orgins??

ps opening to xmen orgins wolverine was kino and I'm not memeing.

>perfect WWI movies don't ex-

shit sorry, forgot about old blackadder, definitely kino.

>"Are you looking forward to giving those damn frenchies a good licking?"

>"Uh, no sir, It's the Germans we shall be licking sir"

>"DON'T BE REVOLTING, DARLING! I WOULDN'T LICK A GERMAN IF HE WAS GLAZED IN HONEY!"

youtube.com/watch?v=17fafupOKOE

Fair enough I'll give you that.
I'd reckon people forget about the variety of WWI. I guess Lawrence of Arabia counts, but I've never heard of a Galician, Italian Alps, Serbian, colonial African, etc. front movie. A shame too, I'd love to watch some of those.

The Italian campaign in Battlefield 1 was really well done. Shame too, because most everything else was underwhelming

>Why haven't more WWI films come out in the past couple years?

Because WWI was just stupid carnage.

Ridiculous amounts of artillery.
Gunning down troops in the open with belt-fed machine guns.
Mud.
Corpses.
Poison gas.
Incompetent leadership.

Not a very agreeable subject for most.

I blame it all on american schooling. How much time did you spend on ww1 in school? Compare that to ww2. You'd think the first war was for 2 days and ended peacefully. countless group projects on the holocaust, yet 1 day spent on the war that directly caused ww2.

I'm not upset about the time spent on ww2, but I feel i was royally screwed over by not getting at least a basic knowledge of ww1.

That's the Western Front your thinking of. There were many other campaigns that directors haven't even tried to portray in a film

That's because America were only in the war for 5 minutes

>there will never be a movie about Paul von Lettow and the Schutztruppe in Africa

What a fucking waste...

yea that's literally all it was, no way to make a story with a WWI setting.

I would like to see those 5 minutes stretched into 2 hours of kino

SHOOT THE GOD DAMN RIFLE

there was a made for tv movie in the early 2000s that was about the american "lost battalion" in the argonne forest. it's supposed to be pretty good
there's no gore in it though

>That's the Western Front your thinking of.

I suppose you think freezing in the Alps was any better?

Nah, that war was just shit for all involved.

If there was the guys fighting Leto would be portrayed as the heros and protagonists, despite Leto being the far more interesting person.

Because of WW2 the world considers WW1 Germany to be Nazi-tier moustache twirlers.

>no HBO-tier series showing both the military and political shitstorm that was WWI

It's unfortunate that people think ww1 Germany was just Nazi-light. Once you've read up and understood the complex alliances and events that lead to ww1, it makes ww2 much more dramatic and sad. I'm not saying the rest of the world caused the holocaust, but after learning about ww1, you have to think "no fucking wonder". The fact that Germany could get their asses kicked completely, only to come back even stronger and damn near conquer Europe again is fucking astonishing.

Because WWI doesn't make for a very interesting story.

>get shelled for three hours, which may include gassing
>shoot the bastards who try to come close to your trench
>shell and gas theirs
>Charge theirs

And rinse and repeat for the next four years.

k...kamerade?

why does this shit movie have so many good quotable lines?

And then they got their asses kicked AGAIN, and they deserved it.

This time again by the Slavic untermensch and the Americans who they considered a mongrel people.

And no, Germany didn't get their asses kicked. They signed an armistice, and were subjected to heavy reparations. However, subsequent treaties and dealings discarded many of the overly punitive measures imposed by the victors.

Germany was well back on its way to recovery by the 1930's, and on top of its situation before they went to war.

"Dobson-Hughes, you're acting 2IC, eyes here. . . EYES HERE!"

>And then they got their asses kicked AGAIN, and they deserved it.

Nope.

We got it wrong. Totally wrong.

Germany was right all along in that they saw and acted to destroy the pure evil that is Communism, and the Jewish undermining of western civilization.

The fact that EVERY white nation is now being flooded with non-whites, thanks in large part to Jews, and their leftist ideology, proves that the NAZI party was right all along.

WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR RELIEEEEEF

The Lost Battalion was pretty good

germany got what it deserved at the end of WW2 but it honestly dindu nuffin in WW1. treaty of versailles was ridiculous; it's no wonder they got pissed and elected hitler. the country that really started WW1 was austria-hungary.

>t. film embryo who hasn't watched a movie that came out before the 80's

I'm writing a horror movie set in the trenches of WW1. A bunch of British Tommies blow open a medieval catacomb, unleashing a vampiric shapeshifter that hunts them one by one. Think of a mix between Predator and The Thing.

>would Sup Forums watch?

>in the past couple years

yes

I wish there was more Hellboy-like history/supernatural movies

I would. Sounds fun. Know your limits, Hellboy is a good jumping off point to guage the seriousness.

>i dont know what im talking about
>the post