Skier who didn't perform a single trick gamed the system to qualify for the Olympics

>Elizabeth Swaney competed in the ladies' ski half-pipe on Monday despite being unable to land any real tricks.

>Swaney qualified for the Olympics through a loophole of sorts — athletes were required a number of top-30 finishes, so she would enter competitions with fewer than 30 athletes in the field, thus assuring the requirement would be met.

>Swaney knows she isn't on the same level as the top athletes in the competition but hopes her Olympic campaign will inspire others to take up the sport.

businessinsider.com/elizabeth-swaney-freestyle-skiing-halfpipe-2018-2

>Swaney knows she isn't on the same level as the top athletes in the competition but hopes her Olympic campaign will inspire others to take up the sport.
pic realted are the people who read shit like this and think "aw yes you go girl"

most winter sports aren't real sports and most womens sports aren't real sports so i'm not surprised

>will inspire others to take up the sport.

What the fuck kind of inspiration is that

to be smart and play with rules maybe?

all that she did was play the game and follow the requiriments to get in olympics

the blame to this happen isnt her, is IOC

AW YES YOU GO GIRL

>I want to inspire people into doing tricks in half pipe by not doing tricks in a half pipe

you go girl

And have a shitload of time/money. All this to not even be able to jump higher than 10cm. Truly inspiring.

she also did crowdfounding to get in olympics

Inspiring people by making a joke out of the sport.

Yo go gurl.

She obviously just wants to be involved in the international prime athletic orgies.
You go girl.

Best part of this story is that bunch of cucks donated her money to help her get into Olympics.

She inspired me desu. See you in Beijing 2022.

some people only want watch the world burn

>I want to inspire others to waste their time and an olympic spot
truly inspiring

That's not a loophole.

people are telling that she used a loophole on rules to qualy

BASED

Sweet now I'll find a way to become the worlds worst pilot. Bles send moni

But it's true. This is one of the best ways to get people interested in something. Representation.

Not to mention, this woman is getting tons of attention because she's awful.

some people notice more the most awful than the most victorious

>go to the olympics
>swan around pretending to be an Olympic '''''''''''''''''athlete'''''''''""""

Sounds like a good idea

>look at me being useless at what I'm doing, and I still get all the attention and praise!
>you can do the same!

surprised how disliked she is here
thought trolling the ioc would make her more popular
risk aside there isn't much difference between her and eddy the eagle?

Check your bank account.

are there other events where this would work. obscure shit like the ski walking events maybe?

K.

You better not be one of the people that were praising the Tonga, Mexican, or Thai cross country skiers that trained together in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and became best friends.

Because this is no different. You're hypocritical if you think the Tongan or the Mexican are based but shit on this woman.

Sup Forums is torn between being sexist and shitting on the ioc. When it was the Mexican and Tongan cross country skier it was based. But when it's a woman it's shit.

>Enter a bunch of competitions with less than 30 people
>Qualify for the Olympics
>Bang all the cuties in the Olympic village
>Only requirement is that you make a fool out of yourself on international television
>Nobody will remember anyways
What's the flaw with this again? I might try it in 4 years.

She's pretty based, butthurt people want sports to be more than it is, to be something worth of respect when it's literally people running and jumping and stuff
I love sports but I don't think that any athlete deserves respect for winning a medal through sweat and blood, what good does that do to anyone? I respect when they do something for the community or charity in general but that has nothing to do with actual sport
I don't know man.... I don't know, I wasn't like this before, but it pisses me of when people respect more the guy who works his ass off all of his life to run the fastest more than their local garbage man who cleans their streets and shit every day
Maybe it's just me, I don't know....

Eddy legit tried to get better though. This girl just scammed a spot and half arsed it every time.

Maybe next time the Olympics should bring actual sports.

i think that if Sup Forums maneged to do a curling or bobsledge team would be possible to join into olympics

Ski jumping requires some serious balls unlike this pissing about

They did represent their country though. She's an American who has been representing Venezuela and now Hungary.

The Tongan is the only representative of his country, that's admirable no matter how shit you are.

if this were a Sup Forumsartan he would life forever as an hero. wtf why rip this girl for realizing how stupid olympic qualifying is and being rich enough to capitalize on it? How is this girl different than that Tongan retard?

Meh i saw a little girl not older than 10 doing reverse 360 in the snowpark
Skiing is just expensive and not everyone can afford it

Sup Forums could try. Maybe not for curling because it's always the same top teams, but skeleton / bobsleigh/ cross-country? Absolutely. We only need to choose a country that never does anything at the winter Olympics, preferably a meme-inducing country like Portugal, Chad or Benin, a few volunteers and we're ready for crowdfunding.

because she should have at least tried a 360 or a grab or some other shitty trick even if she instantly fell over

>she
>based
stopped reading right there

have to get citizenship of that country first

lol fuck off garbage man

the best way to get people interested is to watch the top skiers pulling of crazy tricks at the top level, not this

they will almost certainly change the rules to prevent this from happening in the future

to even get to PyongCheng she had to finish in the top 30% of certain other competitions. she went and did clean runs, shit runs, but clean runs. She went to every event and got the proper points. She literally dindu nuffin except want to go to the olympics and have rich american parents.

>ski walking

she tried to do skeleton for venezuela before, she's only been skiing for a few years, she is trying

bobsleigh sleds are expensive

can get citizenship in a lot of countries for putting money in a bank or buying a property
ecuador is like 25k

exactly, by all means do this shite to qualify, but when she was on centre stage at the actual olympics she should have tried something

The Tongan was all about just trying to do his best at the craziest stuff. She's clearly not bothering to try at all

pretty sure I could do that, they wouldn't even need to fund the equipment, just give me a few days practice

what did she mean by this?

whatever its called when you just trudge through the snow with skis theres a ton of those events this olympics and i cant imagine many have either known of them or actually want to do them

Maybe. But there were no athletes from Hungary in halfpipe. Clearly there is no interest in it.

But I guarantee you there are Hungarian stories written about her right now. So yes, this was the best way in the current circumstances.

if this were a dude there would unironically be an /ourguy/ general

cross country

yep

it's unironically because she's a woman

the flaw is that the cuties rather get it on with the good athletes

shes a qt

Alpine skiing doesn't come with the same brandTM culture as weedboard, does it? Should be a bit cheaper then.

>>>/reddit/

thanks for buying me dinner, olympic committee

the park culture for skiing and boarding is pretty much the same now, not so much outside the park though

>You better not be one of the people that were praising the Tonga, Mexican, or Thai cross country skiers that trained together in a cabin in the middle of nowhere and became best friends.
I didn't but even that's a less retarded story than some dumb rich bitch abusing the system to whore for attention at the olympics.

That's actually skiing you nigger. Just going down-hill is alpine.

You think we wouldn't find a Sup Forums poster from e.g. Portugal, Peru or Colombia, or even some muh heritage American poster, that we crowdfund into skeleton in Beijing 2022?

>trying to fit in.

maybe they could do curling if they're from a meme african country. i know like 20 years ago there was an african swimmer who almost drowned in the olympic pool. if they let that guy in for the meme factor they would definitely let in a curling team from a poor african country

>muh sexism
yeah ok you're just a ledditor, go slurp some semen

>Whore for attention

Jesus Christ, man. The amount of unironic sexists on here (and Sup Forums (nu-pol)) is staggering.

what meme sport and meme country would you represent, for me I'd try to be the first Mozambique Skeleton athlete

The problem with skeleton is that it can easily lead to serious injury and there is now way you'd be better than the worse. In judged events you can just not fall over and get like a 30 while someone trying to win could fall over in all their runs and get a 20.

>posting on reddit

This is funny.

Besides, judging by the "performances" of some of the actually serious Team GB athletes, the Winter Olympics seems to be a way of giving a few rich kids a way to prat about for 5-10 years on Lottery funding that could be going to better causes.

Good one =].

Eric the Eel. From Gambia or something like that

Would be a 10/10 opening ceremony.
>And user representing the chad republic in ... wait what the fuck why is this guy eating nuggets and throwing yellow bottles around?
>WHAT THE FUCK?

i have chilean nationality so cross country ski for chile

>not wanting to go to the olympics with 0 effort and take the piss out of them

shes a genius desu

What?

dem titties tho

>getting tons of attention

Maybe there is better goals in life, maybe.

CHI

Not for a woman there isn’t

should the olympics have nationality rules like FIFA, so you can declare for one country at adult level and cant change it

LE

they have, once you choose your country on olympics you cant change

Skiing isn't more expensive than snowboarding

Wrong. There was a canadian bobsleigh in the 2 man event where both guys had competed for different countries previously

Once again, I hope you didn't think the Tongan or Mexican, or Thai guy were based in the slightest since they did the exact same thing this woman did.

She's represented venezuela before

>since they did the exact same thing this woman did.
No they didn't. They went out there to represent their country at the highest level, she went out there just to get attention

Shan’t be giving you any responses, you’ve been trolling all thread

Well seeing as she said she wants to bring representation to Hungary since they had no athletes in the halfpipe, it sounds like she had similar ideas.

Also, "highest level"? They were over half an hour off the pace of a race that was 20 minutes long.

The Tongan/Mexican and this woman did the exact same thing to get into the games. The Tongan chose races where the competition was weak or had few competitors. Same as her.

has she been given her a nickname like eddie the eagle or eric the eel?

>black curling teams
you couldn't pick a sport they'd be worse at

>Swaney the Swindler

chess

and they say germans don't have a sense of humor