Sevilla - Man Utd

Pre match thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43138735
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hope Mata plays. The Lingard meme needs to die.

Hope Mata plays. The Lingard meme needs to die.

>Pogba back in training

So was he actually sick or not? But even without Pogs, we should win dominantly like Liverpool have vs Porto. Sevilla is actually a pretty bad team

Alexis will go missing this game (as always)
I'm a United fan btw

>we
wuz
manchester pakis
and
SHEEEEEIT

so whats the issue with mou and pogba?

i dont really follow united.

has he just been playing shit?

poorinho's poonited with lose to gods of europe sevilla in potentially the most boring match of the ucl. the other contenders for most boring match of ucl are all of the other poonited fixtures where they, somehow, scrappily won matches against the minnows of europe

This match would be so hype if Sevilla weren't shit at the moment

No one cares. 0-0 with poor football maybe

Alexis usually brings his A-game in cup games. Sevilla's defense is shit, it shouldn't be a problem for him

hes been playing shit, which makes pogba fanboys say mou doesnt know how to use him, which makes mou fanboys blame him even more. basically a vicious circle and nobody can agree whos fault it is

The complaint seems to be that Pogba has poor positioning which leaves Matic and the defense exposed. Some pundits say that they should play with 3 midfielders and give Pogba total freedom.

But then, didn't they buy Pogba because he was good at attacking and defending? If they wanted someone to attack without defensive responsibilities, it would be cheaper and more effective to get James.

>no attack vs no defence
Shit game

Tactical issues but on the personal level, there's no issue at all. The media are making a mountain out of a molehill, and badly want to destabilize us, that's all.

>Mou buys Pogba, the most exciting young midfield player in the world at the time, and plays him out of position
>every man and his dog can see that Pogba, whilst quite talented, isn't intelligent enough to play in a 2 man midfield
>internet implores Mou to switch to 3 in midfield and ease Pogdab's defensive responsibilities
>stubborn Mou persists, culminating in Pogba's disastrous performances against Spurs and Newcastle
>Mou senses that he's about to fall out with another star player and begins to panic
>takes the opportunity at his next press conference to inexplicably rewrite history and claim that Pogba DID play in a 433 at Newcastle (clearly didn't)
>Mou obviously just saving face for when he now switches to the 433
>Pogba gets ill (genuine)
>will play in a 3 man midfield tonight

Wasn't the point of buying Pogba for 90mi that he was a complete player who could attack and defend well?

ez win for ManUre

>de gay

Imagine the smell

the point of buying pogba was shirt sales, dabs, retweets and youtube videos. united dont scout players they just see who mendes or riola have who is willing to come and see which one has the most twitter followers. theyre like a shit galacticos era madrid. next year it will be someone like griezmann

Y SEVILLA SEVILLA SEVILLA
AQUÍ ESTAMOS CONTIGO SEVILLA
COMPARTIENDO LA GLORIA EN TU ESCUDO
ORGULLO DEL FÚTBOL EN NUESTRA CIUDAD

>leave united to me

>worry.png

I’ve got 0 confidence going into this

It was a panic buy, just like every single other purchase they've made since Fergie left

Don't see this season Sevilla taking it at all
Mou should take this comfortably honestly. Maybe a 2-1

Yes. Pogba definitely isn't free from blame. For the money he cost he really shouldn't need so much help to be good.

Sevilla wouldn't even finish in top 10 position in the EPL.

I'm strangely confident.

They'd finish 7th or 8th.

Hopefully

__Alexis___Lukaku___Mata
___Pogba__Matic__Herrera
Shaw__Jones__Bailly__Valencia
__________de Gay

He'll probably start Young and Smalling though.

I don't trust Montella

i'd rather kill myself than watching this inevitabely boring as shit game

United are playing pool in some youth champions league game at 3pm. might be worth a watch for the bants

Mourinho is the absolute master of bureaucratic football, his style is molded for these competitions.

Mou is too much of a coward though

They'd finish 4th, at least

its mou's fault. the only fun part is dabman

lmao

>lmao

Lmao. Your "top" teams struggle against the same clubs that fuck up against Astra and Apollon.

one CL title please

post yfw Jesus Navas scores the winner

they are weak this season so 5/6 there is a lot of exegeration by british salesmen but most teams are tactically and technically poor

>mfw a city reject puts utd out

And the English players there are filler and fodder.

exactly

will the tranny poster be posting tonight?

Pogba is shit and Mou is a hack. They're both to blame.

Being delusional is the only sport you lads are actually good at.

>Your "top" teams struggle against the same clubs that fuck up against Astra and Apollon.

Don't even know who you're refereeing to here. England's top clubs are all going well in the CL other than Chelsea who nevertheless played well against Barca. Also "x" beat "y" and "y" beat "z" so "x" is better than "z" is such a retarded way to measure the quality of a team. Tottenham beat Real Madrid; they also drew to Rochdale. Sevilla conceded 5 to Eibar.

pogba is simply not very good and mouyes plays his usual boring football

One good season out of the last 6 hardly makes the EPL the best in the world.

It's just Sevilla, not Atletico, and I think they conceded 5 goals against some bottom club just recently

Strawman after strawman from you.

kek, we've been top four last two olympics

back to the caravan gypsy

>le "comin home lads" mindset

The only team with a real shot at a title this year is Arsenal

They're called scarecrows, idiot

pogba's ego is on ronaldo levels, except ronaldo is actually good enough to tolerate it, pogba not su much

Madrid were real poor at that point in the season hence their position in the table. But believing liverpool or man city [one man midfield] could do the things they do in the epl to established ucl teams is just sad. Cont knows how to camp but city would get mudered by Barca.

Conte*
murdered*

>One man midfield
>City

Also Barca got their shit pushed in by city last season in the game where bravo wasn't a retard

>Fernandinho, David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne is a one man midfield

Wew lad

Didn't Liverpool and Manchester City win their games quite easily?

>5 wingers

>David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne

spend the entire game on the wings

City only have 3 wingers (if you count b Silva as a winger which long term he won't be)

>De Bruyne
>Silva
>Fernandinho
>Gündogan

Care to point out which part of that is a one man midfield?

What the fuck are you on about, in most games de Bruyne is usually city's deepest midfielder, as a two kdb and Silva spend most of their time in central areas.

>Ability to drift wide
>Spending the entire game on the wing

Pick one and only one

You finnally add gundo who spends the game ias the other stiker when he plays. wouldnt cut.

We're dealing with a mong here.

Pep didnt even search for players to keep it in the middle third of the pitch when he went on his spending spree after seeing he would have it easy with the epl's chaotic matches. paly 3 no 10s

Isn't Fernandinho the deepest midfielder?

Watch that, then Real, then Champions League and you have a day of footy desu

According to the lineup but generally kdb drops furthest back to collect the ball and get it forwards

so what is messi by this reasoning?

>David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne
>spend the entire game on the wings

Pic related... It's you.

If you want to talk which mercenary plays the deepest role for citeh, then make another thread for that. This is our prematch CL thread

For me it's Sevilla

>switching between wings and providing exquisite crosses in his free role
>drops deep to collect and run with the ball in a counter
>Britannia believes he is a CDM

amazing

Literally best city

UMA DELICIA

>2. Detroit, USA

>mfw i just put uma into google images and its a qt black pirate with green hair

based

best weather in Spain too, for 8 months, (in the summer it's too hot during the afternoon).

18ºC and sunny today

>Detroit
SO YOU BE SAYIN'

>best weather in Spain too
*blocks your path*

>Actively wanting Herrera in the side
>Actively wanting Valencia in the side
wew

Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the best I agree, but Sevilla is the best in mainland

Herrera is the best of a bad bunch. McTominay is the only other option on that side. Who's the alternative to Valencia?

>Georgia
>Djibouti
>Belfast
>Detroit

What a meme list

what's wrong with valencia ?

All 4 English teams in a favourable position so far

You know what to do United.

bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43138735
Eddie is completely right, love the wankers in the comments who think some rich cunt winning a medal in a "sport" played by nobody in the country is a positive for them

Chelsea are definitely not in a favourable position.

Correct thread lad?

They expect one of us in the wreckage united

yeah i wanted to avoid JFs