In Cheers: Dr...

>In Cheers: Dr. Frasier Crane is a quirky doctor who hangs out at a trashy lower class bar with working class bums and drunkards
>In Frasier: he's a snooty upper class rich person who only attends the fanciest restaurants and establishments and wouldn't dare associate with working class folk

What changed

he seemed a bit confused

Frasier displays that while his own tastes may be more suited to the upper class that he doesn't look down on lower class people. In fact on several occasions he shows a lot of compassion to people of lower socioeconomic backgrounds. The only reason why he seems more snooty in Frasier is because the class divide in Seattle is much more pronounced than wherever the fuck Cheers was set (I forget).

>wherever the fuck Cheers was set
Boston

Some people from higher 'cultured' backgrounds often feel drawn to working class society, though they never truly grasp the true plight that class faces. It's almost like an expedition. It doesn't last too long.

The theme is even seen in films like Barton Fink.

Seattle will do that to you.

Anyone else find it a bit strange that him saying his father was a dead scholar was never addressed in the spinoff?

There aren't really ghettos in Seattle like there are in other cities. There are shitty areas but the city as a whole is pretty affluent

This is sort of adressed in the pilot. Niles orders some fancy coffee and he's like "There will never come a day when a plain black cup of coffee isn't good enough for me!" or something.

It's implied that he became more down to earth when he moved away from his brother/best friend Niles, who encouraged him to be a snob. After he moves back he starts becoming like his old self again thanks to Nile's influence. But Daphne's influence helps Niles change so they both become less pretentious by the end of the series.

Yes it was. I cannot recall specifically but I think it was in the episode Sam from Cheers came to Seattle to visit Frasier where it came up.

was this show any good? I always saw commercials for it as a kid but never watched it.

TIL Fraiser was a spin-off of Cheers. I haven't seen Cheers and only seen a couple Fraiser episodes.

It is the GOAT.

well thanks for your contribution to the thread

patrician's choice of sitcoms

The Cheers bar is literally the most upper-class establishment in all of Boston.

Next thread.

They're two of the greatest sitcoms of all time, and they're both on Netflix right now user. You owe it to yourself to give them a watch.

He moved to Seattle and started trying to one-up his snootier brother.

>what changed

I think he just liked going to the bar when he was younger...then-
-got married had a kid
-soon got divorced
-moved to completely new city
-now around his brother again
-got a job in radio

a lot changed user.

kek

Sometimes Frasier gets carried away and acts like a snob, but usually at the end of the episode he comes to a realisation how rude his been and comes to his senses.

For instance, the episode "Hot Ticket" and "The Club"

>TIL

Trips give the accurate info
(Every time)

Prison changed him after he tried to frame krusty.

There's some very greasy shit going down in White Center, Sea Tac, Most of the little cities south of Seattle are shitty.

>no scrambled eggs
Lame

>a trashy lower class bar with working class bums and drunkards

have you ever really watched the show?

Came to say this. Seattle is shit. Filling up with rich Californians who are pricing natives out of housing.

Despite the presence of Cliff and Norm, Cheers wasn't a lower class bar at all. It was right downstairs from Melville's, which was considered one of the most high class restaurants in the city. Cheers was at least upper middle class and most of its patrons were yuppies

Yeah, what the fuck even is TIL?

Capitol Hill fag detected

today I learned

>Filling up with rich Californians who are pricing natives out of housing.

And the Chinese. I bought a house recently and was several in bidding wars with fucking foreign investors trying to buy rental properties. Fuck those small dick chinks, I was born here.

Fucking kek.

Bellevue fag actually.
And Indians. If you ever take the bus in the morning through Redmond, it will fill up with Indians.

correct, and I think Frasier really enjoyed having a diverse group of drinking buddies at Cheers (he often said things like "Oh you merry band of cut-ups!" when they pranked him), and he also complained frequently about all the "eggheads" and "stiffs" he encountered in his line of work.

Frasier is better than cheers

thanks guy, thanks for stopping by

Wasn't Frasier super snooty and out of place when he was first introduced on Cheers? He was kinda dragged there and ended up liking the place and the people and became a regular fixture. Then when he returned to Seattle and spent more time around his brother and other high class folks, he transitioned back.
He just adapts to his surroundings. But he was always a prominent doctor with a taste for the finer things, and was never a bad guy.