Would have Annakin gone dark if this guy were still alive?

Would have Annakin gone dark if this guy were still alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

healtreatcure.org/how-to-change-eye-color/why-do-eye-change-color-mood-emotions-age-season/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah probably

Sure. Qui-Gon was already a gray Jedi, meaning Anakin would have been given much more morally ambiguous training.

The fact that Obi-Wan couldn't keep him on the light path ultimately means that Qui-Gon probably couldn't either.

But who can say for certain? Maybe a more gray perspective was just what Anakin needed to realize that the actions he took were evil.

It was DESTINY™

At this point the only thing hat interest me about SW is where they get these names

Anakin was raised in a slave like Bedouin society where they probably used children as rape slaves, he developed BPD and a massive hatred of sand. He came pre fucked up. You get fucked up when you're in your formative years, you never become normal.

Or Qui Gonn's lack of rigidity would have prevented Anakin's resentment of the Jedi. He would probably have quietly bee there to support Anakin and Padme rather than having Anakin have to keep it a secret from him like with Obi Wan. Anakin would probably have felt more comfortable coming to him with his doubts and objections and feelings of frustration.

The way Lucas wrote it, it really just made Anakin and Obi Wan not a good friend because:

1. Obi Wan is obsessed with the rules that are causing Anakni to become disillusioned with the Jedi order.
2. Anakin is a whiny bitch who needs a father figure shoulder to both cry on and give him guidance.

Qui Gonn's willingness to just go right the fuck ahead and start guiding and training Anakin with wisdom even not as an "official" Padawan in Episode I shows he recognized the need to give the prodigy child a good path to follow.

Woukd Qui-Gon have been justified if he had just killed Watto and taken Anakin and his mother?

In the eyes of normal people. Yes. But Jedi were hypocritical pieces of shit, even worse than Sith.

I kind of agree with you. Anakin needed a father figure, not a brother, which was what he essentially got. An older brother, but still not what he needed.

What's interesting is, like you mentioned, how good friends they claimed Anakin and Obi were. Honestly, I didn't see it, and I didn't really get the vibe of trusting friendship from the characters or the script. Of course this could just be bad acting/writing, but Anakin felt like he needed family and actual trust. Not comradery. If that makes any sense?

It strikes me from episode 2 and beyond that Obi knew very little about Ani, and didn't really seem to care that much about him. Remember one of the first conversation we see him and grown-up-Ani have? They talked about how fun it would be to see Padme again. Ani goes on to tell Obi he hasn't stopped thinking about her for half-a-dozen years and Obi reacts with surprise.

Clearly Obi has had very little to no interest in what Anakin was actually thinking or feeling.

No not even Qui Gonn would take life unnecessarily since he was pretty fucking Zen. He could have taken them without killing Watto. They had some sort of explosive so they can't escape but he could've freed them anyhow.

Real question is why the fuck didn't they just go back for Anakin's mom as soon as they finished all the business back on Naboo and buy her on the square? Fucking SURELY Padme would have paid for her. Like God damn.

this
anakin's basically a somalia muslim immigrant that never used a toilet before
it's impossible for him to adapt to the jedi life of coruscant

being completely light is harder than being grey. Anakin fell because he didn't agree with the utter strictness of the jedi and they forced him to abide which pushed him away, qui gon also didn't wholly agree on a lot of things.

Yeah Obi Wan in the prequels wound up being written as an oblivious stick up his ass shitter probably because Lucas needed him to be abrasive and unpleasant towards Anakin because in his head that would justify his turn to the dark side. They make Obi Wan more concerned with the Jedi Order and business than with Anakin, like they have a rely professional relationship. They really don't even fall into camaraderie territory, they're just constantly at odds and Obi Wan seems constantly exasperated with having to deal with Anakin's shit all the time.

God damn every time I talk about these prequels I wind up finding deeper levels of incompetence than the last.

Firstly, how would that help? Anakin wasn't allowed to see or be in touch with friends and family after he joined the Jedi.

Secondly, why would Padme buy her? It's not like Padme's relationship with Anakin was that deep at that point anyway. Secondly he said HE was going to rescue his mother. With his stubbornness and pride there's a good chance she offered and he just downright refused her.

It is a good point though, and if nothing else, sending a messenger from the Jedi temple to buy her freedom anonymously would have given Anakin peace of mind.

YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN

I LOVED YOU

>Firstly, how would that help?
His mom wouldn't have become a rapeslave to sandniggers and therefor Anakin wouldn't have come back and found her jizz-filled broken body and therefor wouldn't have gone on a women and children slaughter spree which was really his turn to the dark side for all intents and purposes.

>Secondly, why would Padme buy her?
Because she took in Padme and company and sheltered them, and Anakin fucking saved her planet basically I think the bitch can do him a solid and buy his mom out of slavery holy shit.

But they didn't because they didn't care about her. I never saw a hint of humanity in those jedi.

I don't agree completely with this. I felt that there was a very strong sense of camaraderie between the two, but there was no sense of friendship or brotherhood or trust at all.

They were and often shown to be willing to give their own lives for each other.

The problem was they were willing to do this because it was honorable and encouraged by the Jedi code. Not because they actually liked being around each other.

Any sense of love or trust between them is entirely fabricated by spending so much time together and the bond they share as master and padwan. They think they have a stronger relationship than they have, and it being revealed in the start of episode 2 that Obi knows practically nothing about Anakin.

I'm not saying that Qui-Gon would have done it any better mind you, but that this isn't a layer of incompetence, just a layer we were too young to see the first time we saw the second movie.

Look at ISIS, somehow murderous rage is easy for these people. They cut heads off like making bread. Lucas tapped the ME perspective but didn't understand how base and savage they were. They all should be isolated in the sand. We're living on the same planet, but we're not them. If oil wasn't valuable they would have all died by starvation by now.

>His mom wouldn't have become a rapeslave to sandniggers
Don't forget that this chick was the woman who managed to gamble herself AND her son into slavery. You really don't think this chick would have ended up in rape-city at some point anyway?

>Because she took in Padme and company and sheltered them
And they repaid her by giving her son a chance at a better life. They don't owe Shmi a thing. The fact that her son blew up the droid command center just spared a few Gungan lives, and no one gives a shit about them. The war was essentially over the second they captured the viceroy.

And we drop bombs on their families. i would be angry too.

>You really don't think this chick would have ended up in rape-city at some point anyway?
Nope.

>And they repaid her by giving her son a chance at a better life. They don't owe Shmi a thing.
Anakin does, he specifically says he promises he's gong to free her. Al he has to do is go to Padme after the big celebrations when they're burning Qui Gonn or whatever and say "Hey remember my mom who's enslaved to the alien Jew facsimile on the desert planet? Coul you maybe use some of your literally infinite wealth, resources, and political power to go get her for me? Thanks." Are you saying if you were a pretty princess somewhere you would not free an enslaved woman as a favour to a kid war hero you want to fuck in a few years just to be decent? Fuck off nig.

No, unless it can be assumed that the force would have found a way to manipulate him regardless of what happens. Qui Gon would have trained Anakin in the ways of the force regardless of the jedi code or not, meaning that he might have became as enlightened as Luke did eventually. Anakin never had any qualms about doing evil because of how much hate the jedi code instilled into him, and combined with his past+ visions of Padme dying, he chose the "easy" way out to preserve the thing he actually cares about. Qui Gon would have easily prevented any of this and they would have probably became wanderers with Obi Wan staying in the jedi temple

>the force would have found a way to manipulate him regardless of what happens

The Force isn't manipulating people into acting against the Force, it was Palpatine's old faggot fuckery. The elements contributing to Anakin's turn as they are in the movies would possibly not even exist were Qui Gonn the one training him unless Lucas just decided to completely rewrite Qui Gonn's character for the sake of creating those same circumstances which I suppose is likely he would,

>You get fucked up when you're in your formative years, you never become normal.

Yes indeed

>not posting brian bonsall

pleb

Rich Evans' brother?

Anakin only went full dark cause he was so stifled by the Jedi teachings. Shit if Qui-Gon was alive it probably would have happened even faster.

no idea, just know he played worfs kid on star trek.

I think it's implied that one of the reasons for Anakin's fall was Obi-Wan's lack of experience as a master. Hell, he was barely a knight when he trained him. If Anakin had been trained by someone like Qui-Gon with years of experience as a master it would have been different.

>That hairline
My condolences

Is it just me or did his eyes go from blue to brown?

Lighting, genes, contact lenses (it being a movie after all).

healtreatcure.org/how-to-change-eye-color/why-do-eye-change-color-mood-emotions-age-season/