So what order are these meant to be watched?

So what order are these meant to be watched?

Release order.

put them all in the bin.

4, then 5, then 6.

Stop there.

1 > 2 > TCW Animated Series > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > EU

Disney's "Star Wars" isn't real Star Wars and is corporate fan fiction. Ignore it.

4, 5, 6, then 1, but if you don't like 1 just stop right there, then watch 7 if you're really curious.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

7, 1, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4

1,2,3,4,5,6 and rogue one (skip 7)

Oh yea forgot about rogue one, watch that between 5 and 2

R1, 4, 5, 6, 7

I actually liked that one order someone suggested.. the "machete" order or whatever? Don't recall.

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

You can throw in 1 if you want, but it does nothing for the story.

Phantom Menace
Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens
A New Hope
Rogue One
Christmas Special
Revenge of the Sith,
Attack of the Clones

Skip Return of the Jedi

Doesn't matter. But you must watch The Clone Wars (2008)

I'm struggling to think of anything about that series that makes it worth watching

That's not the series. It's the movie.

I'm back baby.

You can skip 1 and 7.

Watch Rebels
S1 episodes 1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13
S2 episdses 2, 2, 11, 7,
S3 just the finale

4, 5, 6, 7, R1

Proceed to throw the prequels into a dumpster fire

Seriously, nerds have memed the prequels into oblivion but they are legitimately awful pieces of cinema and they aren't redeeming enough to justify watching them. You're going to walk away from the original trilogy with a dumb smile on your face and that feeling is going to implode as you get increasingly bored and angry wanting the prequels to be over but feeling like you need to prolong them out of obligation.

If you really want to check them out just watch the Mr. Plinkett reviews.

yes, none of the new ones, and 3 and 6 half-asleep. 2 and 5 after being awake a day.
1 n 3 in full draculacostume.

Has anything in disneys nu-Star Wars outright refenced something from the prequels acknowledging them?

Rogue One had Jimmy Smits' character from RotS in it.

Over 15 order:
3-R1-4-5-6
Under 15 order:
1-2-3-R1-4-5-6

The Plinkett reviews aren't really functional as a summary of the prequels, so I wouldn't say they're an alternative to watching them (more a good way of processing them). If you really just wanted the bare bones there's that fan edit that crams it all into a single so-so movie, but really the only reason to watch the prequels (or Rogue One really) is just that you want more star wars content and don't really give a fuck about how good it is

1, 2, 3, rogue one, 4, 5, 6, 7

R1 had a lot of background characters from the prequels.

Best order is Metal Gear Order 4-5-1-2-3-6. Then R1 because it's so full of fanservice it should be seen when you've already seen everything. Nu-T should be ignored since it is not canon!

4,5,6,R1

I honestly think the prequels were only a few key steps away from being great films. Like if there had been a few key creative changes, (casting, CGI, and some script editing) they would be phenomenal.

Just better directing would have made them at least ok. The actors only gave crappy performances because George looked at what they gave him and said "that's good" instead of giving them better direction and getting better performances out of them, possibly because he isn't a very good director.

I think he is actually a good director. American Graffiti and the original SW show that. I think the problem is that he probably got high on his own success, and people were probably reluctant to question the creative decisions of someone who was once doubted by everyone, only to make the most successful sci-fi franchise ever.

He didn't collaborate enough. I do agree though. He's a crappy director as far as actor-directing goes.

Not bad, the closest correct order I've seen.
I'd throw R1 between VI and VII though, because of the huge time gap in the story.

As always, disregard non-canon plebquels as they are holiday special tier.

This

R1 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 7

All other opinions are wrong/reddit

3->PW->5->1->2->4

>he's crappy as an actor-director

That's what I meant. Even in the original Star Wars though he wasn't a very good director. Everyone knows about the "faster, more intensity" meme. I think the actors in that movie just happened to be that rare type that are talented enough to give a decent performance even without good directing (especially Guinness and Cushing), in which case George got lucky.

If you want to introduce Star Wars to a little kid it is 456123R17

If you want to introduce it to a Pleb you go 3R1456127

If you want to introduce it to a turbopleb 7123R1456

Don't watch Rogue One before episode 6.

Rogue One only works as a movie because you already know what happens after.

Parts 1-3 get a bad rap because Lucas pitched the phantom menace as a kids film, but he learned from his mistake and part 2 was quite good and part 3 was easily as good, if not better than part 4.

The narrative order is how they should be watched:

I>>II>>III>>Rouge1>>Ewok1>>IV>>Ewok2>>Holiday>>V>>VI>>VII