Irrefutable

the last 2 are absolute shit. phoenix is best.

1>=2>>everything else

>"No!"

3>2>1>6>7>8>5>4

I was never into Harry Potter. Even when the craze started in the late 90's, I was a little kid and never took interest in it. I remember first hearing about the books in like third or fourth grade and I thought the name Harry Potter sounded lame as fuck. I thought "why can't they have cool names like Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi?" Also the whole theme of wizards was always stupid to me. I hated the concept of a guy in a big baggy robe with a pointy hat, waving a faggy little wand around and calling out the spell name. Harry Potter seems like a fag franchise to me.

Nice blog.

Just giving my honest thoughts on it. Am I wrong about Harry Potter?

1-2 Cute Emma
3-4-5 Top Emma
6-7-8 Worst Emma

>futa

"no!" You're not wrong, Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

ftfy

>HP and ASoIaF in the same tier as Tolkien and Carrol
I get it. Someone doesn't like fantasy, but that's just insulting. Not even mentioning the other ones in this tier.

>4 that low
>6 that high
>7 better than 8
>1 last
This is the worst list I've ever seen

3>5=6>8>7>2>1>>>>>>>>

HBP is the best
the pacing is amazing, and it's pleb filter

Yay it's the copypasta again

How does this even work? You're throwing an obvious bait, but at the same time you're responding seriously to a cross-board bait that is so obvious it's a tradition to post it?

1 is the only good one, the magic feels magical, it has a John Williams score, better cinematography and colors and has gravitas, feels like a classic film unless its sequels

I don't even know anymore, I just roll with it.

>unless its sequels

The first two ones are actually my favourites, the warm yet creepy Hogwarts atmosphere. The third one was great too. Fourth one was interesting because it was different yet kept in touch with the atmosphere of the previous films. The fifth one was purely filler and added nothing to the story. Sixth one was a fanfiction shipping fest, characters falling in love with each other and being forced into relationships. Seventh and eighth ones didn't feel like Harry Potter films at all, the worst ones in my opinion. More like a Twilight-esque film. It didn't even feel like watching a Harry Potter film.

So in my opinion:

1=2 > 3 > 4 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 8

This user is correct.

I also enjoyed Voldemort being mysterious and intimidating in the first ones. He just devolved into generic Hitler as it went on.

>fourth not last

go back and rewatch it, it was terrible

>castle looks like shit
>no open shots of the castle environment
>the same dozen extras running around trying to pretend that they are thousands of secondary school kids
>the extras giving such a bad atmosphere
>the close in shots of the castle that never show its big scale because it was clearly a cheap set
> cheap indoor set with some extras and lots of CGI
>the castle is different than the first 3 but different than the final 4
>camera always stays zoomed in and never pans out because the set and everything looks like shit
>dishonest filmmaking riding on the back if the first 3 movies, using close ups and other trickery to try and fool us

Every Harry Potter movie except Goblet of Fire, which is a standalone masterpiece (a prototype-hunger games except it's actually good) is trash.
Prove me wrong
The first Harry Potter movie is laughable bad. If you like it you are confirmed shit tier "muh nostalgia"

People who like Harry Potter are millenials with no skills in life. Objectively bad movies and books.

5=3>6>7>8>4>2>1

>doesn't mention the literal unwatchable acting

Like clockwork

This.

>Harry Potter
HAHHAHA

I just rewatched the director's cut of the first and second movies and enjoyed them.

>dishonest filmmaking

Nailed it. 1,2&3 were brilliant fun in a magical environment.

actually they're all fucking terrible. of you knew a thing about kino you would know this