Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM
youtu.be/XK5GqJnu7Kg
davidboskett.bandcamp.com/album/renegade-master
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Zoebutt

First for piss fetish

Mind robber was asstastic

Big announcement at 3pm today. RTD on set. Filming a minisode. Apparently with McGann.

>3pm

so thats in 3 hours gmt yeah?

big news at 3pm today, might wanna pop bbc on the telly around then

I think the reason they didn't delve into Jack's past was because RTD came up with the idea for Torchwood, not because Eccleston left. (And then, on Torchwood S2, they did delve into Jack's past, but it obviously couldn't have been Doctor-centric, so Chibs had to come up with something completely new to focus on.)

DO IT DO IT AGAIN
DO IT DO IT AGAIN WITH LOVE

Reminder that we are listening to Screenwriting podcast with Chris Chibnall as a guest

Today on CWS 10 BST

cytu DOT be/r/casualwhostream

Reminder Mulkern called Smile boring but he also said Orient Express was anaemic and threadbare, meaning Smile will be kino just like Mummy.

it wasn't the wrong part of London, it was Aberdeen

Aberdeen is in London

Is it a new series of Banana?

Right is cute but left looks like your typical inbred britbong. Why are bongs so ugly?

I'd be fine with Kris being Hayley's companion honestly.

>tfw no mommy Doctor

Are you a girl?

Did Torchwood explain Jack's memory loss though? It's been too long since I've seen it

Don't be silly now, user.

I may not be remembering all the details right, but something like this, mostly from S2:

The Time Agency were routinely, but secretly, manipulating their agents' memories. John Hart found evidence of that, which Jack followed up on after John vanished. He discovered that he'd lost not only two years of his recent memory (the memory loss he first mentioned in An Empty Child) but also all but one of the happy memories of his family (the one memory he had to sacrifice at the end of Adam). And that was the reason he defected.

user, why do you do this? It's weird enough copy-pasting other people's posts into the new thread, but why do you then paste responses back into the old?

And I know you're going to copy-paste this one too. What if I attach an image? Do you go the extra mile?

Don't be silly, Aberdeen and London are two entirely separate cities in Ontario, Canada, and they're more than 150km apart.

Reminder that Chris Chibnall is a nice guy who loves Doctor Who.
Reminder that people critisize him for nothing.
Reminder that we listening to screenwriting podcast with Chris Chibnall as a guest where he talks about his work with RTD, about Torchwood, about Broadchurch, about writing scripts. Today 10 PM PST /casualwhostream

not the user but i imagine its to keep conversations going? not sure why else itd be done

This is the face of Nicholas Briggs, who basically runs Big Finish

Maybe he wrote a script to do this? It seems like a ridiculous amount of work for no purpose otherwise.

Writing a script to do something that is basically useless and completely unasked for is a ridiculous amount of work too. And they don't copy-paste all posts, and I doubt the script would know how to save images, reduce them by a few pixel to avoid image detection, and repost them.

Although they did that Briggs post in almost exactly a minute which seems really fast, so maybe it is a script.

How about a gif?

She is pure. She is cute. She is water.

Well, copying posts forward is at least arguably useful, although I think I'd argue the other side. But copying them backward is completely useless, so the only reason I could imagine doing it is that it's only a couple extra lines once you've written the script, rather than double the work if you're doing it manually.

(Also, if you wanted to teach yourself how to script Sup Forums for some more useful and/or malicious purpose, most of the stuff he has to do for this script would be exactly the stuff you'd want to figure out.)

DAVID BRADLEY IS INEVITABLE

We've had FOUR references to first Doctor and Hartnell era in PILOT only.
Moffat always wanted to do this.
>mondasian cybermen

JUST FACE IT
DAVID BRADLEY IS THE FIRST DOCTOR

He's a comin

>although I think I'd argue the other side.

Why?

I like chibnall and some of his non doctor who stuff is amazing, but his who stuff is very lightweight. I'm hoping this is because the episode ideas came from other show runners and he tried to make the most of bad ideas (dinosaurs on a spaceship was too much crap to pour into one episode for example).

>Well, copying posts forward is at least arguably useful
Depends on the posts.

That is how it started though, a couple of nights ago I was having a discussion with someone right when the new thread was made. Somebody else copy-pasted my post, I pointed this out, and they explained that it was a good discussion and they wanted to see it continue. It seems like it's grown from there.

But yeah, pasting posts into the old thread is completely useless. Also, they failed the gif test. Didn't include it.

>But copying them backward is completely useless

I disagree.

Same. I love Broadchurch but have only enjoyed one of his Who eps.

I don't see why you guys are analysing it this much

>I don't see why you guys are analysing it this much
Because it's really bizarre behaviour. Why do you do it and do you use a script?

I would drink her water

>That is how it started though, a couple of nights ago I was having a discussion with someone right when the new thread was made. Somebody else copy-pasted my post, I pointed this out, and they explained that it was a good discussion and they wanted to see it continue. It seems like it's grown from there.

There is no great mystery, this is why I do it. I've had conversations wither out before because I moved into a new thread, and the last person hadn't, and nobody bothered tying the convos together. It's being the "cans and string" between the threads, like you put it. I'm not a malicious scripter or whatever ffs, just trying to make sure actual on-topic discussions don't wither away

>Why do you do it

To keep conversations I'm interested in active, in case someone is talking in the wrong thread relative to the other person

>do you use a script?
I have 0 knowledge of coding or scripting or anything like that, I'm just another /who/re

FINALE IMAGES LEAKED
NARDOLE WILL GROW HAIR
AND WE WILL SEE HIS PEOPLE, THE NARDOLEKIND, ANCESTORS OF THE TIME LORDS
GET HYPE

You must be new. Please install Sup Forums-x it will let you see cross thread posts and there are also notifications so if anyone quotes my post from a previous thread it will notify me if I see it. It also works across boards so for example if someone quotes my Sup Forums post on Sup Forums and I open an Sup Forums thread will get the notification.

I've been here since the start of 2013 and had 4chanX for years. Not everyone has it. I appreciate the advice though, it is a fantastic extension.

Also it quickly sets the tone for a new thread to not be endless shitposts because it keeps any actual on-topic convos going. The first ~15 posts in a thread can really steer the direction of it.

Yeah it really depends on the number of people using it. I've generally never seen people repost previous posts though, unless it is at the very end of a thread (page 10 or so) or if it's a drawfag delivery for example.

not the user ur talking to, but
wat? no it doesnt? how do you make it do that. i use it and its never done that for me when someone replies. what do you mean by notification

Well, for every useful post that someone makes on the old thread, there's usually multiple useless ones.

And it seems to only run sometimes, not every thread, so it's not something people can rely on to keep conversations together.

Meanwhile, using extensions or userscripts is something each person can rely on (without affecting anyone else). So this is probably only going to really help people who don't get Sup Forums yet.

But, as implied by my calling it arguably useful, and the fact that I only "think" I'd argue the other side, I'm not dead-set against it or anything; I think it's worth arguing (or, ideally, discussing dispassionately, but this is Sup Forums after all…).

Sup Forums-x desktop notifications. It will also work across computer so for example I use chrome on both computers and Sup Forums-x will literally sync threadwatchers and remember that I made the post - no matter which computer I made the post on. It's very, very nifty.

I'm happy to stop if it's bothering people, just was hardly anything difficult on my end. Surprised anyone is talking about it. If you guys both want me to cease the mockery as it were, I will.

It's not bothering me at all but it's an unusual approach. I think most people prompt the discussion by saying something along the lines of, last thread we discussed x or just bring up an alternate point on the discussion or quote a previous post.

>I have 0 knowledge of coding or scripting or anything like that, I'm just another /who/re
Wait, so how do you get around the duplicate-image block then?

>Also it quickly sets the tone for a new thread to not be endless shitposts because it keeps any actual on-topic convos going. The first ~15 posts in a thread can really steer the direction of it.
That's actually a good point, and one I hadn't thought of. (And I suspected there would be things I hadn't thought of, which is exactly why I wasn't sure I'd be against it.)

I'm still not sure it's the best way to do that, but… it might be worth watching the threads when you are vs. aren't doing it for a while to get an idea of whether it really is helping.

Not him but duplicate image block is incredibly easy, just add a slightly different pixel to one part of the image or tweak the levels a tiny bit.

>Wait, so how do you get around the duplicate-image block then?

Have you 'gotten around it' before? There's a pretty simple way ;)

>it might be worth watching the threads when you are vs. aren't doing it for a while to get an idea of whether it really is helping.

Agreed

It still doesn't make sense. Why do you post them back into old threads? Why repost posts like and that aren't actually discussion and can only serve to derail/spam the new thread? Why go to the hassle of saving images, resizing them, and reposting them?

It's still really weird of you, user.

>Why do you post them back into old threads?

I've answered that

>that aren't actually discussion

That's subjective

>Why go to the hassle of saving images, resizing them, and reposting them?

Hassle? It takes less than fifteen seconds.

Also, just musing here, but the fact it seems to irritate people like you means someone might start mimicking me and doing it in a more overtly shitposty way.

Sure, but if I wanted to do it, I'd do it with a one-liner imagemagick script. It's a lot more time-consuming to do it all in a GUI—download the file, open it in MSPaint/Preview/xv/whatever, make a trivial change, save it, and reupload it. That seems like more work than I'd want to do for every post.

Then again, I'm lazy, which is why I learned how to program in the first place, so I can spend 3 hours to save 15 seconds of work in hopes that I'll have to do that work so many times that eventually it'll save more than 3 hours. :)

You can actually copy and paste the file into MSP add a pixel copy it and paste into the post box and Sup Forums (or Sup Forums-x?) will automatically detect the paste as an image.

Ah, I didn't even know you could do that. Nifty!

Chibnall on set today. Apparently filming a minisode with Kris Marshall. They're going to be announcing it at 3pm today.

>I've answered that
No you haven't. How does posting it into dead threads help?

>That's subjective
No it's not. This thread is derailed. We're not talking about Doctor Who at all, we're talking about you.

>Hassle? It takes less than fifteen seconds
But it has 0 benefit. Like, at least if you thought it was funny, that would be beneficial to you, but you seem really serious about this.

>Also, just musing here, but the fact it seems to irritate people like you
It doesn't irritate me, it interests me. I just want to learn why you're like this.

>From the makers of Class
lol like that will convince a single person watch doctor who

NARDOLE EATS 18 CURRIES AND BRAPS CAPALDI TO DEATH
GET HYPE

>No you haven't. How does posting it into dead threads help?

>I've had conversations wither out before because I moved into a new thread, and the last person hadn't, and nobody bothered tying the convos together

>in case someone is talking in the wrong thread relative to the other person

>No it's not

It quite literally is, and clearly we are not going to agree on this point if we are hashing out the old "subjective vs objective!!" argument. You aren't the arbiter of what constitutes "discussion".

>But it has 0 benefit
You're moving the goalposts if you're arguing that. I explained why it isn't hassle to me. Whether it has benefit is both subjective, and a new point.

>but you seem really serious about this
You're taking the time to go line-by-line on my posts (as I am in turn, because if you're that interested in talking this out I'm happy to respect that and reply in turn) so, sure, I'm happy to take a fellow /who/re seriously, but this really isn't something that weighs heavily on my mind. I spent a few minutes crossposting comments while listening to some BF, for something to do with my hands and to keep any embers of discussion going that might peter out between threads, as had happened to others before.

Bill is a lesbian because the next doctor will be female.

This will enable the new team to go back to RTD era when all the assistants wanted to sex with the doctor.

Nardole is the best male companion. Prove me wrong.

Wilf

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM

>Nardole
Ugly as fuck
>Bill
Ugly as fuck
>Capaldi
Ugly as a fuck

I mean damn, I don't give a shit what the characters look like as long as the stories are kino but with viewer ratings dying why is this show digging its own grave?

BBC America complete ratings are out.

Class has a retention of 58%, and 59% in the 18-49 demo, which is way better than I think most people expected, and good news for P.Ness.

But these ratings may be heavily distorted by the fact that the NBA playoffs were on at the same time, which drove down ratings for everything else on cable. Are people who casually like Doctor Who but skip it for basketball more or less likely to like Class?

Brewster

Considering his work on Invasion: Earth and Line of Duty, Jed Mercurio REALLY should be the new showrunner for Doctor Who.

Broadchurch is pretty shit, if we're honest and none of his Doctor Who episodes have been particularly inspiring.

youtu.be/XK5GqJnu7Kg

prayer circle for this

From Hartnell to Atwell...got a nice ring to it ;)

this is great
is this from /who/

Get with reality, it's Kris Marshall.

I like Nardole a lot, but he's in the same tier as Steven Taylor, Captain Jack, and Rory, not the same tier as Wilf and Ian, much less Jamie.

nah, the GB atwell watch thread. there's a newer version of it up too

GB in origin.

I can't

Jamie. Brewster. Rory. Jack.

I don't remember any of this.

Hex.

I like him but I suspend my judgement. I like him so far as a comic relief only because he doesn't take too much attention. It's also pretty misterious wich is nice. We'll see how much stage he will get and how deep his backstory is.

For about five minutes if those reddit spoilers are accurate.

Thread theme: davidboskett.bandcamp.com/album/renegade-master

Assuming I'm even remembering right, the memory loss was no longer even remotely the interesting part of Jack's background once we got John Hart (and Grey).

Will he get a big finish series?

>reddit spoilers

If Time Lords have infinite regenerations on Gallifrey, why did the Doctor have to ask which regeneration the General was on 4 episodes ago before he could shoot him, never minding all the other contradictions with this.

Ok, I was skeptical about this idea, but this single-handedly sold me.

Class S2 may happen then.

we go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

She looks pretty weird on this promo pick

I reckon Big Finish will get 4 boxsets out of him

Does anybody else think the Marigold's score for the scene where The Doctor invites Bill in the TARDIS at the end was really shit? Those crash cymbals were so distracting, it sounded like something a shitty garage high school band would do.

He's certainly got potential, but so far? All of these companions are at least as good as him, if not better:

>Ian Chesterton
>Steven Taylor
>Jamie McCrimmon
>The Brig
>Thomas Brewster
>Frobisher
>Henry Gordon Jago
>George Litefoot
>Chris Cwej
>Hex
>Fitz Kreiner
>Robot Master
>Captain Jack
>Rory Williams
>Canton Everett Delaware III
>Brian Williams

… and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Nope. It's Tom Rosenthal.

Literally CBBC tier

Looks like he could be a McGann sibling, desu