Public Enemies

is it worth a watch, Sup Forums?

I hate Depp but I like Bale.

About the only thing i remember about this movie was how good the woods shootout scene sounded.

No, it's garbage.

>i hate depp

fuck outta here bitch

Pretty good, a lot better than black hat which was shit

I can't stand this 30fps digital garbage, sorry.

Not really

Very bland, very forgettable

yes it is
Hola reddito!

what do I watch if I want a good gangster film then?

>is it worth a watch

Yes, but only if you have nothing else to watch.

It tries to stand on star power alone with a weak plot.

If anything, it's worth a watch to find out why it's shit.

too much shaking in camera.

Bring your puke bag with you

It's awful. Looks like its shot on mid-end smartphone.

Harry Potter

if Michael Mann takes a shit, its worth watching

yes watch it. not his best, but still good

It was alright, thought mostly what I remember is the electric banjo and the opening scene

It looks like shit but still has style somehow, Mann is a god for pulling it off. It's also pretty interesting and memorable, I saw it once years ago and still remember very specific scenes.

I was bored to tears.

Want a gangster-style film about that era that's entertaining? The Untouchables and Dick Tracy are fun (though somewhat unrealistic). Want a great film? Road to Perdition

I feel that Mann's style is pulled off better in Ali or Miami Vice. However, it takes balls to do a film on the myth of gangsters with the immediacy of digital cameras.

>I was bored...

Stopped reading there and bought the movie. This is surely some tip top plebfilter.

Baby's first gangster films

>Want a gangster-style film about that era that's entertaining? The Untouchables and Dick Tracy are fun (though somewhat unrealistic)
Or the metric fuckton of gangster movies from the 30s that these movies require to appreciate?

fuck michael meme

It takes a while to get used to the digital photography in a period setting, and I didn't like it the first three times I watched it. Fourth viewing I thought it was a masterpiece and the equal of Miami Vice, Mann's best. I believe this movie will be more appreciated in the coming years.