The Last Jedi

>The Last Jedi
>Luke: "it's time for the jedi to end"

So they are gonna make that dumb "gray jedi" shit right?

Misdirection. Rey will reinspire Luke to bring Jedi back

This. An inversion of Empire, where this time the youth will inspire and teach the elder. It'll give Luke an arc from not bothered to Jedi hero reborn. Then he'll die. Fuck.

>gonna
kill yourself dumb fuck

>The Force Awakens
Luke: There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side...and the light.

Was it Luke that said that line?

That was Snoke though.

"End" is actually being used as a transitive verb.

>It's time for the Jedi to end the First Order

B R A V O R I A N

luke didn't actually say that. listen carefully, it's three different voices, kylo rend says the first part, benny del toro the second, and luke only says "to end."

ren*

>black guy is holding a lightsaber in teaser
Golly gee, that must mean he's the new Jedi, there's just no other possible reason he would be holding a lightsaber.
>*makes 10 threads a day about it*

Was is Luke that said the line in The Last Jedi trailer?

>trans
end yourself

>dumb "gray jedi" shit

Fucking kill yourself.

what's a gray jedi? I have no idea but no they aren't getting rid of the jedi

Qui gon was a gray jedi
Also, it is debatable if dooku was a gray jedi instead of a sith

There's no such thing as "grey Jedi" because there is no "light" side of the Force to begin with.

I doubt it. Mark Hamill says he doesn't like the direction of the character, and he originally wanted Luke to go dark.

He's just going to be another Obi Wan by the end of the movie. Disney is only interested in doing interesting things with the standalone movies.

None of that is true, idiot.

>Mark Hamill says he doesn't like the direction of the character, and he originally wanted Luke to go dark.
Can anyone link me this interview or wherever he said that?

Luke is Snoke.

Nice Dubs.

I don't hear it. Pretty sure its all Luke's lines

TLJ SPOILERS FOLLOW, SERIOUSLY DO NOT HOVER OVER IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW
S P O I L E R S
Snoke's real name is Darth Plagueis and he created Anakin Skywalker by using the Force to replace his apprentice Darth Sidious, but Sidious killed him. Plagueis was immortal by the power of Sith holocrons, which activated after the fall of Sidious and brought him back, malformed. He then created a new apprentice named Rey by using the Force, but she was hidden from him by Luke.
S P O I L E R S

watch the trailer again, you never see luke say that, all you see is luke say "to end" it could be some fancy editing to pull the wool over our eyes

The story will focus on Luke's Jedi Order and what really happened to them, which is why it's "plural".

Could be. The "It's time for the jedi" part does sound a lot like Del Toro to me desu

that's bullshit

evil rey will never happen, just as evil daenerys will never happen

>Plagueis was immortal by the power of Sith holocrons
Nigga what. Why bring holocrons into this

There's no evil in GoT, nigga.

that little gimp man who flays people and feeds them to dogs was pretty bad

>grey jedi
Moral ambiguity is a hallmark of modernity. Any moral question, posed in a public setting, will always be met by a moral relativist who will argue against the most common sense moral code. The whole light/dark paradigm is considered antiquated by moral relativists. There is a close link between moral relativism and the political/social/philosophical viewpoint of SJWs. They don't believe anything is inherently "bad". This is why, for example, the most dedicated feminist will still manage to defend Islamic culture despite the Islamic practice of punishing a promiscuous daughter by throwing rocks at her until she dies. They don't believe that a qualitative assessment of the morality of an action is possible, and that any attempt to make such an assessment will inherently be corrupted by your own cultural standards, and will therefore be a manifestation of racism.

In other words, they don't believe in heroes or villains and worship moral ambiguity. Such ambiguity can be a good thing in a character (i.e. most of the characters on The Sopranos did kind things and evil things) but the distinction between light and dark have been central to Star Wars since the beginning, and Jew Jew probably can't stand it. I can just imagine him bitching about it.

The whole thing will come together in the ninth episode when Rey starts slaughtering the First Order. She won't just kill soldiers, but civilians who are sympathetic or related in any way to the FO such as family members. She will also probably kill a CGI Leia at some point as well just to make Darth EmoFaggot so sad that he starts self-harming with his light saber.

It means that Luke is in fact the last Jedi, because Rey will go to the dark side and /ourguy/ Kyle will return to the light to defeat her.

fuck off with this manufactured forced cancer "meme" you made in your marketer meeting.

>A kids movie

>There's no evil in GoT, nigga.

There are clearly evil or good characters nigga what the fuck are you talking about

>it's yet another idiots think kathleen kennedy will let her self-insert turn to the dark side episode

Yeah, i hate this relativistic shit, i mean, only millenials can really think like this because they lack the real world experience of true evil, they just ponder in their comfortable bubble of modern cities

There is evil in the real world and it's really fucked up

>The time of White Jedi is over
Really raises my head temperature.

Is the end of the jedi that bad of a thing? Since rewatching all of the films before TFA I realized that the jedi were pretty stupid, and that most of the shit that went down is their fault. Also, Star Wars has always played with the duality of good and evil, jedi and sith, so if there's full good, jedi, there will be full evil, sith. If the jedi end, maybe the sith wouldnt come back. After all balance isn't going full good, so the jedi are not the balance

basically "punch a nazi for the greater good" expressed in start wars terms

Balance is going fully good, and the Sith haven't come back.

jedi are neutral though

I meant the First Order in the sequels. Specially since Kylo sort of worships Vader, a sith.

And why would going full good be balance, isn't it the oposite extreme from evil?

lawful neutral*

meant for

If the jedi say that feelings and passion is wrong, and the sith take all of their decision based on passion or feelings, then the neutral or balance would be a moderate aproach to feelings, probably no passion.

If Anakin turned because pf his feelings, and he was somewhat prohibited to judge base on his feelings by yoda and the jedi, I can see were the jedi arr wrong

Snoke is Picard.

dunno why but i kekd at his sneakers

man they really fucked up the ending of Jedi didn't they

funnily enough a steaming pile of shit called KOTOR presents a great rendition of grey jedi - Jolee Bindo. He's a tired guy. He does not give a fuck. He just wants everyone not to rock the boat. I'm sure they used Bindo as blueprint for new Luke

Since this is a Star Wars thread...
Can someone please tell me if this is fake?

it is fake

way to move the goalposts

I'm just saying that I can see why the jedi could be wrong. I don't really know what to think of the direction TLJ is taking, but I think I understand were they're coming from. I'll have to watch the movie to have a well formed opinion about the actual direction.

>And why would going full good be balance, isn't it the oposite extreme from evil?

Not in Star Wars, no.

>was hoping rey would go evil and kylo good
>trailer shows kylo seemingly going full dark
>the dream is over

Han is dead and Carrie is dead so there's nobody to really bring him over to the light. We can assume he hates Luke's guts too. The Rebels TV show and the new trailer all but confirms they are going down the whole "ultimate balance" thing by having no Jedi and Sith, and trying to obtain a purely neutral perspective on the force.

Snoke is a Joke.

The Joker is Luke.
Poetry.

That is 5th grade level fan fiction. C'mon man. Step your game up.

Well, what a waste...

It's obviously Finn Dindu

~~1~~